Do we know who is the starting QB this week? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Do we know who is the starting QB this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What is Whitmer's career W/L?

As bad as it is it's infinitely better than Boyle's.

This whole conversation is ridiculous.

There is exactly one reason to play Boyle. He has future eligibility remaining. Based on what he has done in games he hasn't earned a single second of additional playing time.

I look forward to your obsession with the 2015 backup quarterbacks.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Unless it leaks out through a player, you'll know who is playing quarterback on Saturday night.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, the receivers on the team liked the athletic QB who left the team prior to the season - as one said at least he could buy some time.
Whitmer has never had the support of his teammates - some don't like his bow tie attitude - at any rate - he doesn't get it done.

Here is what I know about Whitmer's teammates. They might not put a single player on the all-conference teams.

So they may not like his 'bow-tie' attitude whatever the hell that is - but he spent the last few years getting the hell knocked out of him behind a line that hasn't blocked for .

He's taken all the crap from the fanbase - including some of the collosal jacka**es that inhabit this place. (I include myself as a jacka** but rarely call out any individual players).

Quite frankly, I don't give a damn if they preferred someone who couldn't behave in a fashion to stay on the team.

Reaction Score
As bad as it is it's infinitely better than Boyle's.

This whole conversation is ridiculous.

There is exactly one reason to play Boyle. He has future eligibility remaining. Based on what he has done in games he hasn't earned a single second of additional playing time.

I look forward to your obsession with the 2015 backup quarterbacks.
Avoiding the question?

When Boyle loses an entire season full of games he still won't be at Whitmer.

And that's not even my point. I would prefer Foxx to Whimer. I would prefer to keep trying until we get a QB who wins.

BTW, the back ups I have argued should be given a chance are Dan Orlovsky when Keron Henry was starting, Mike Nebrich when Johnny Mac was starting, and Boyle (and later Foxx) over Whitmer. I am comfortable with my track record.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Avoiding the question?

And that's not even my point. I would prefer Foxx to Whimer. I would prefer to keep trying until we get a QB who wins.

BTW, the back ups I have argued should be given a chance are Dan Orlovsky when Keron Henry was starting, Mike Nebrich when Johnny Mac was starting, and Boyle (and later Foxx) over Whitmer. I am comfortable with my track record.

LOL yeah nobody else knew that Orlovsky was better than Henry. The problem was that Edsall wouldn't give him a chance! Oh wait no it wasn't.

You can really puff your chest out with that one.

You might want to see Boyle play better than Whitmer before taking your victory lap.

Reaction Score
Avoiding the question?

LOL

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Pal why aren't you banging the drum for every other backup on the roster? Shouldn't they be removed too? Or is it only the quarterback who has a winning percentage to judge?

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
What is Whitmer's career W/L?
This year 2-7 - same as the head coach and every other player on team.
Actually he is 2-6 - Cochran gets the loss in game vs BYU - he was starter.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
I'm so tired of this line. Boyle started 4 games - 2 to ranked teams, 1 to a Cincy defense that was very very good, and USF. What's Whitmer's best win of his career? @Maryland with McCombs career high total and a Nick Williams punt return for a TD? Against a 17th string QB? Maybe UCF this year, but they're not exactly world beaters.

Whitmer is 25TD's against 28 picks. Let's not pretend he's Unitas. He's a poor man's Cole Stoudt.
If 25 and 28 is a poor mans Cole Stoudt WTF is 0 and 11???

BD - lack of focus , lack of discipline - words used to describe TB play during Temple mop up duty to the point Foxx took snaps afterwards - he has a chance to get rid of the goose egg this weekend - or add to the 11 - in either case the line will change and there's that.

Remind me Tim's best win - Xavier vs who???

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Can't you just picture Pal hunched over one of those old electric football games?

Boyle is the piece that can pass punt and kick, and all 11 defensive pieces are vibrating in the wrong direction as he cruises up and down the field on the way to a 77-0 victory. Making UConn 10-0 and finally vaulting them over undefeated Florida State in the playoff poll.

Reaction Score
If 25 and 28 is a poor mans Cole Stoudt WTF is 0 and 11???

BD - lack of focus , lack of discipline - words used to describe TB play during Temple mop up duty to the point Foxx took snaps afterwards - he has a chance to get rid of the goose egg this weekend - or add to the 11 - in either case the line will change and there's that.

Remind me Tim's best win - Xavier vs who???
They only won two state championships during his time.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
His best win is CT HS FB - and they won one the year before Boyle. Speaks more to coaching and system. Boyle threw 5 times in champ game And their RB gained about 26o and total rush of 408 - but yeah that win goes to the QB the same way CW loses all his games.

Reaction Score
His best win is CT HS FB - and they won one the year before Boyle. Speaks more to coaching and system. Boyle threw 5 times in champ game And their RB gained about 26o and total rush of 408 - but yeah that win goes to the QB the same way CW loses all his games.
He was part of a two QB "system" his JR year when they beat Staples for the state title. I was in attendance. Kid has the arm strength. Saw how heave it down field over 50 yards in the air as a JR in HS. You win as a team, you lose as a team. You should just stop.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
He was part of a two QB "system" his JR year when they beat Staples for the state title. I was in attendance. Kid has the arm strength. Saw how heave it down field over 50 yards in the air as a JR in HS. You win as a team, you lose as a team. You should just stop.
And they won his sophomore year when he didn't play.

I should stop what? Defending the UConn FB starting QB??
Heaving the ball over 50 yards in the air as JR doesn't make you the best option on a college FB squad.

I agree you win as a team it was towards Palatine and others Whitmer loses.

It is like the guy with 300 drive and no short game

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Chandler played maybe his best game last week even with the late int.. IMO he didn't lose that game and probably gives us the best chance to win this week given the lack of p/t Tim has this year. Under any other circumstance he should be the starter. But the fact is we're out of it this year, CW is only marginally better then TB at best, and won't be here next year to follow up on any progress he might make personally. The o-line is also giving more decision time on more plays, and did I mention we're not going bowling? It's not an obsession with "the" backup anymore, it's an obsession with seeing if we have a QB we can build some kind of future for this program with. Somebody tell me how starting CW for the rest of the season and occasionally throwing TB in cold then pulling him does that.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Chandler played maybe his best game last week even with the late int.. IMO he didn't lose that game and probably gives us the best chance to win this week given the lack of p/t Tim has this year. Under any other circumstance he should be the starter. But the fact is we're out of it this year, CW is only marginally better then TB at best, and won't be here next year to follow up on any progress he might make personally. The o-line is also giving more decision time on more plays, and did I mention we're not going bowling? It's not an obsession with "the" backup anymore, it's an obsession with seeing if we have a QB we can build some kind of future for this program with. Somebody tell me how starting CW for the rest of the season and occasionally throwing TB in cold then pulling him does that.

Agreed.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, the receivers on the team liked the athletic QB who left the team prior to the season - as one said at least he could buy some time.
Whitmer has never had the support of his teammates - some don't like his bow tie attitude - at any rate - he doesn't get it done.
Quite frankly, any receiver voicing that opinion outside the program should have been shown the door with the qb he liked. That is not reflective of winning culture.

Bonehead

Reaction Score

I guess I have lived a pretty sheltered life - What is a BOW TIE ATTITUDE?

images 2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99