Do we have a ? win left on the schedule? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Do we have a ? win left on the schedule?

Reaction Score
Delusion level at all time high if people actually believe uconn can compete with BC, USF, Or UCF.
While hope is not a good business plan, it is the basis of fandom.

Uconn is not as bad as the MO game suggests and BC is not as good as the Lville, UVA or FSU games suggest.

There is no bowl for Uconn this year. So the BC game represents a significant game to the staff and the team. Maybe they get up for it or maybe they pack it in. RE 1.0 shgowed he knows how to motivate in situations like this.

Reaction Score
Really, only those 3 teams?
Since ND was the worst, let's look at that game.
ND 14 plays 10+ yards includes 7 plays over 30 including 3 65 yard runs.
Now how about the weak part of the schedule:
N Ill had 12 plays 10+ yards including a 60 yard and 46 yard play.
Wake had 11 plays 10+ yards including 3 that were 23+ yards (29 yards was the longest). Wake blew out BC.
CMU had 12 plays 10+ yards including 3 over 20 (33 yard was the longest).

BC gives up big chunk plays to anyone.

You have watched BC a long time. If BC beats NC State for a fourth win, what are the odds of the Uconn game being a turd by BC? I say 50/50.

Your definition of a chunk play and my definition are not the same. I view a chunk play as 20+ yards. ND had a lot of them. ND is also in the top 10 and projected for a spot in the Championship Playoff. UConn has no one close to their running backs or QB.

By my definition you are looking at 2 vs NIU. NIU is 6-2 with a win over Nebraska. A far better team than UConn.
By my definition you are looking at 3 by Wake Forest. The game I would like to have back but there are no backzies.
By my definition you are looking at 3 by CMU. CMU had under 300 yards of total offense.

BC is not giving up near as many chunk plays as you think they are. And your offense has not performed against P5 Defenses, teams with superior size and speed. I guess your offense performed well when UVA put in their second string!

NC State will be a very challenging game. Top 20 team after a loss to a top ranked ND. Although I want a win I am not sure we come away with one. Win or lose that game BC will be ready for UConn and put as many points up as they want. Hoping that BC has a turd game is not exactly having any faith in your teams ability to win the game.

See you at Fenway!

Reaction Score

Uconn is not as bad as the MO game suggests and BC is not as good as the Lville, UVA or FSU games suggest.

There is no bowl for Uconn this year. So the BC game represents a significant game to the staff and the team. Maybe they get up for it or maybe they pack it in. RE 1.0 shgowed he knows how to motivate in situations like this.

How did Randy do getting his team up for Missouri? What will he do against BC that he could not do against Missouri? It is not like Missouri was an outlier for you. You fared even worse against Memphis! I would consider a three game winning streak a pretty good pattern. Especially when you are looking at UVA (a so so team), Louisville with a Heisman Trophy winner, and FSU which is stacked with talent. It is not like BC was playing three nobodies.

Reaction Score

So BC is only as good as the games you want to count, ok cool, good analysis

Reaction Score

Wasn't last year's BC game also the UCONN "bowl game"?

Reaction Score
Other than Cincinnati, beating any team left on the schedule is a pipe dream.
In my mind if they beat Cincinnati they will have exceeded expectations. If they don't, they will have met expectations. 5 or 6 wins? If that is what you sincerely thought, I would advise not heading out to Colorado just before pre-season predictions because your stash lied to you. Either that or change the tint of your sunglasses.

Reaction Score
I'll have to look back to see what record predictions were. If I remember correctly, 5 wins seemed to be the minimum number of wins predicted most often.

Reaction Score
I'll have to look back to see what record predictions were. If I remember correctly, 5 wins seemed to be the minimum number of wins predicted most often.
My last post on this topic was on the Official Prediction thread. On August 21, 2017, I said 3-9. That was the basis of my post above when I said that record would meet expectations and that 4-8 would exceed expectations. Strongly suspect that it will all come down to Cincinnati. Hoping that it doesn't though.

Reaction Score
Doesn't anyone believe that UConn could beat South Florida. It may not happen, but it might.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Doesn't anyone believe that UConn could beat South Florida. It may not happen, but it might.

If I didn't believe that we could, I wouldn't go to the games...

Reaction Score
UConn is not healthy enough (as a program) to beat BC. FCS players don't generally beat FBS players. There is a reason they didn't end up getting offers from these program: too short, too light, too slow, not athletic enough, etc, etc.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom