Do we have a ? win left on the schedule? | The Boneyard

Do we have a ? win left on the schedule?

scoobydoo

1977 & 1974 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I don't see it right now.

Maybe Cincy on the road. They are pretty bad right now. That game is going to be the last for two pretty bad teams, having some bad years. Could go either way.

I just don't see UCF or BCU even being close.

Maybe USF in East Hartford if the weather is bad and the Bulls shoot themselves in the foot. They are the least dominant 7-1 team around.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Another win would be nice, but it is a tough road going forward.

I think Cinci is a possible win and I think BC is a possible as well. Call me crazy but the run is what UConn stops best.

Reaction Score

I think Cinci is a possible win and I think BC is a possible as well. Call me crazy but the run is what UConn stops best.

I am sorry but what makes you think that UConn has a chance against BC. BC will treat UConn the same way that Missouri treated UConn. Missouri rushed 34 times for 175 yards. That is 5.14 yards per carry. If you take out the 27 yard loss they rushed 33 times for 202 yards. That is 6.12 yards per carry. And that is what you do best?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Other than Cincinnati, beating any team left on the schedule is a pipe dream.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Isn’t that the intent/definition of a “WTF” win?

A win that was supposed to be a clear loss that people go WTF?

Cincinnati is the only chance for a WTF win. We've never beaten them at Nippert Stadium. The other three games will all be embarrassing blowouts...no WTF chances there, other than WTF was the number on that express train that just flattened us.

Reaction Score

BC is bigger, stronger, faster and more talented. They will win big. Sorry. PP will be laughing his butt off. The easily beat UConn last year when they were not so good. This year they are good, so I would prepare for a beat down.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
23 point CFB underdogs win about 5-6% of the time.

I was starting to feel pretty good about your statement until I realized there was a hash mark in between the 5 and the 6... :(

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
BC is bigger, stronger, faster and more talented. They will win big. Sorry. PP will be laughing his butt off. The easily beat UConn last year when they were not so good. This year they are good, so I would prepare for a beat down.

You may be right, but the game is played on the field, not on message boards.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I am sorry but what makes you think that UConn has a chance against BC. BC will treat UConn the same way that Missouri treated UConn. Missouri rushed 34 times for 175 yards. That is 5.14 yards per carry. If you take out the 27 yard loss they rushed 33 times for 202 yards. That is 6.12 yards per carry. And that is what you do best?

We will see on the 18th. You never know what can happen that day and I hope BC players feel like you and Buddy. Maybe they will over look UConn with the Orange coming in the following week

You never know.

Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
I can't see another win other than Cincy which will be at best a 50-50 assuming the team keeps some semblance of heart beyond a few players. I wish it wasn't so, but I see nothing and taking the foot off the pedal to help the D has dumb Lashlee' offense as well. It pains me to say it, but BC should physically beat the snot out of us based on what I saw against FSU. We are out matched against USF and UCF as well. Just better athletes and we have undersized lineman, and high school track stars masquerading as football players with no skill and instinct for the game.

Reaction Score
It's no embrassment losing again to BC. They are P5 and have a long and decent history of success until these last several years.

If we can only hope to beat BC when they are really bad, that does not say much about our chances to continue on this level. So, I hope BC gets back into the top 25 next year and that our games with them will be elevated. BC is to us what ND was to BC. When BC finally beat ND they were ranked #1. Could not have been a better time to get that first win. That should be our mindset.

Reaction Score
It's no embrassment losing again to BC. They are P5 and have a long and decent history of success until these last several years.

If we can only hope to beat BC when they are really bad, that does not say much about our chances to continue on this level. So, I hope BC gets back into the top 25 next year and that our games with them will be elevated. BC is to us what ND was to BC. When BC finally beat ND they were ranked #1. Could not have been a better time to get that first win. That should be our mindset.
There is no BC game next year. After this year, I think the next 2 game series is 2022/2023. So you keep holding that mindset for another 5 years.

BC game is winnable if the last 3 weeks of BC football proves to be a fluke and they are crushed by NC State or if they somehow crush NC State. Uconn would set up as a trap game because their last game is at Cuse and they could be looking ahead to that game and the chance to be in a pretty good bowl. Uconn can score points and BC is prone to giving up huge chunk plays. Get ahead and play a shoot out if you need to. Just don't let them grind out drives and wear down the D.

As to the 5-6% chance of a 20+ point underdog winning, BC pulled that off against Lville. No one saw that coming. You play the game every week. If you are Uconn, that game in Fenway has the chance to put a great stamp on the season. It also happens to be that one of RE's strengths is motivation in big games.

Reaction Score

This is getting sad, man. Seriously, what do you get out of this? I'm concerned for your mental health.

Reaction Score
Uconn can score points and BC is prone to giving up huge chunk plays.

UConn cannot score against P5 defenses. UConn scored 18 vs Virginia, 12 of those were in the 4th quarter when UVA was playing the second string. UConn scored 12 against Missouri.

BC has given up chunk plays to ND, Clemson, and Louisville. Two top 10 schools and last years Heisman Trophy winner. UConn does not have players of that caliber. Expect a very similar result as you had against Missouri!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

I bet you do hope BC is back tomorrow in the top25.

Reaction Score
UConn cannot score against P5 defenses. UConn scored 18 vs Virginia, 12 of those were in the 4th quarter when UVA was playing the second string. UConn scored 12 against Missouri.

BC has given up chunk plays to ND, Clemson, and Louisville. Two top 10 schools and last years Heisman Trophy winner. UConn does not have players of that caliber. Expect a very similar result as you had against Missouri!
Really, only those 3 teams?
Since ND was the worst, let's look at that game.
ND 14 plays 10+ yards includes 7 plays over 30 including 3 65 yard runs.
Now how about the weak part of the schedule:
N Ill had 12 plays 10+ yards including a 60 yard and 46 yard play.
Wake had 11 plays 10+ yards including 3 that were 23+ yards (29 yards was the longest). Wake blew out BC.
CMU had 12 plays 10+ yards including 3 over 20 (33 yard was the longest).

BC gives up big chunk plays to anyone.

You have watched BC a long time. If BC beats NC State for a fourth win, what are the odds of the Uconn game being a turd by BC? I say 50/50.

Reaction Score
Cincy's about the only shot right now... unless we somehow shock the world on Saturday

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom