Do we have a "star recruiter"? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Do we have a "star recruiter"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I can't remember a player a fierce as Ricky Moore. Does anyone still have a copy of that photo of his face? You know the one I mean.
What you talkin' 'bout, Sally?

37d5aac9-3e63-4efc-9eea-611b2c2da0a8_800.jpg

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
On Alterique:

"White, meanwhile, offered this glimpse into UConn's next point guard: "He's been a winner all his career," White said. "He won championships on the middle school, high school level. But one thing that stands out — when he was a freshman, he was in the starting lineup, because he'd earned that. Ten games into the season, we felt like we needed some more spark off the bench. We went to him and told him [he wouldn't start], and he said, 'If that's what is best for the team, that's what I'll do.' He did it, and we won 22 straight. Any coach with good sense would love a player like that."

Can't wait to see this kid in a Husky Uniform!

Reaction Score
I have to imagine at this point, especially if it gets to the point where the (i.e. any) kid who gets on campus and meets the staff has to get some feeling that

a) UConn is an everlasting family
b) KO's staff is simply an exension of KO himself; the brainchild of a top-5-all-time program builder.

And nobody can ignore the alums who are constantly coming back to bumf-ck Storrs CT to work out and be around their bretheren. When was the last time Anthony Davis was in Lexington?

There really aren't many angles that UConn doesn't have on its side at this point.

Well, the conference is a huge angle, and KO is making it seem like that won't even matter. I guess this just adds to your point even more. He could be closing on a top 3 all time class for our Huskies, AAC be damned. The future is certainly looking bright - according to TCF's scholarship grid, our 2017 roster has 7/7 members ranked as top 100 kids. Granted, DHAM will be a pro, but this doesn't count any of the top 50 2017 UCONN leans (MAL, Brown, Diallo). Diallo is still being followed by UConnCompliance on twitter BTW. It also looks extremely likely that we will be adding a few more top 100 kids this class as well. We are looking to have 10 + top 100 kids the next few years on our team.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
The thing I've been most impressed with is the geography we're covering. Between Ollie's West Coast footprint, Moore's SouthEast footprint and our traditional I95 Corridor presence we've got a wide net.

Reaction Score
The thing I've been most impressed with is the geography we're covering. Between Ollie's West Coast footprint, Moore's SouthEast footprint and our traditional I95 Corridor presence we've got a wide net.

Our fully KO recruits include 1 CA recruit,1 MA recruit, 3 NY recruits, 2 GA recruits, and 1 FL recruit. I wouldn't mind Davis committing to show that KO has the entire country on hand.

C

Chief00

Good signs to be sure for fans, but quite frankly I would like Ricky to develop more of a track record of actually getting players enrolled in school before I would annoit him a great recruiter. Sure being from that region seems to help him connect.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I can't remember a player a fierce as Ricky Moore. Does anyone still have a copy of that photo of his face? You know the one I mean.

Peep my avatar

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Also, I like what biancardi said about the types of players KO is going after:

"Here is the common denominator: very good to great athletes," Biancardi said. "That is a high-level athletic foursome. When you look at what Kevin is trying to do, he's trying to mimic the UConn teams he played on [in the early 1990s]. That scoring point guard has been a fixture for them. You bring in Alterique Gilbert, and they already have Jalen Adams, who I think is fantastic, and you surround them with thin, athletic post players.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
As I stated many times my answer is we do and several agree with me. Some don't think so and feel we should get someone outside of the UConn tree.

The majority of the Boneyard thinks we do if we get a recruit and don't when we whiff!:cool:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Imagine if Ollie was recruiting in the ACC/B10... He could probably have whoever he wants...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom