Do we add another QB? | The Boneyard

Do we add another QB?

Reaction Score
Roberson is the guy for this year and Welliver is hopefully the future, but do you think we need another quarterback in the room? Worried about Fagnao and then the inexperienced McDonald and Welliver being our only QBs. Think a guy with two years left would be great to backup this year and then compete with the two young guys next year.

Reaction Score
Nowadays you add any quality piece you can find. Can never have enough QBs
Exactly, and I think a quality QB in portal could be left with few options and fall our way.

Reaction Score
Will Fagnano be back?

I think that McDonald went by Zion. Could be a solid second.

Reaction Score
My opinion is no. Roberson will not be coming off an ACL tear and has a year of experience. With Fagano, and McDonald already in program for a year they will be ready. And having a 6'6" QB from Texas who is a top level freshman we are fine. Way more concerned about LB and pass rush. It is nice to start with Yates, Gourdine, and Stafford in the front 7.

Reaction Score
Will Fagnano be back?

I think that McDonald went by Zion. Could be a solid second.
I’ve said before, I have heard that McDonald is a real FBS quarterback from a guy who is a football coach at a lower level. Saw him a few times when he was recruiting for his team. He has seen a lot of high school kids and knows talent. That’s not to say McDonald is going to be another JJ McCarthy. But he has the tools to play FBS level football.

I am going to guess that if Fagnano is back, we won’t be adding another one. If his knee is still a mess, we very well could.

Reaction Score
I’ve said before, I have heard that McDonald is a real FBS quarterback from a guy who is a football coach at a lower level. Saw him a few times when he was recruiting for his team. He has seen a lot of high school kids and knows talent. That’s not to say McDonald is going to be another JJ McCarthy. But he has the tools to play FBS level football.

I am going to guess that if Fagnano is back, we won’t be adding another one. If his knee is still a mess, we very well could.
Fagnano's injury wasn't a knee, was it? I thought it was hi shoulder

Reaction Score

Is Fagano really coming back?

Reaction Score
Obviously you’re talking about depth, but personally I think if there’s a difference maker available at QB and we have the NIL for it, we should go for it. No single position upgrade would benefit the program more than qb. Roberson is ok but if you can get something better, why not?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Throwing Napoleon Dynamite GIF

Not sure we have the NIL dollars but would love to kick the tires. Hear he has a year and 2 months of eligibility left.

Reaction Score
We have been losing a starting QB to injury every year under Mora.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Roberson is the guy for this year and Welliver is hopefully the future, but do you think we need another quarterback in the room? Worried about Fagnao and then the inexperienced McDonald and Welliver being our only QBs. Think a guy with two years left would be great to backup this year and then compete with the two young guys next year.
i wouldn’b be so sure about Roberson being qb1. I think Mora knows they have to win this year. If that means mcdonald or welliver then thats who will start. Roberson didn’t do enough last year to say its his job to lose. If he is able to show some running ability in camp, that will really help his cause. I know last year he was still reccovering.

But otherwise its a wide open competitiion.

Reaction Score
i wouldn’b be so sure about Roberson being qb1. I think Mora knows they have to win this year. If that means mcdonald or welliver then thats who will start. Roberson didn’t do enough last year to say its his job to lose. If he is able to show some running ability in camp, that will really help his cause. I know last year he was still reccovering.

But otherwise its a wide open competitiion.
Agreed in that may the best man win the job. We have to start living in the moment and maximize wins every year. Can't sit just the best for long-term development reasons anymore.

Reaction Score
We have been losing a starting QB to injury every year under Mora.
This isn't just a Mora thing. I recall having rotating QB's due to injury as far back as I can remember... probably back to Dan O with very few exceptions.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Its a delicate process. I'd hate to bring in some B- talent that causes one of our untested higher ceiling guys to bolt before we ever see them (ahem McDonald and Welliver). That said, if spring ball proves all these guys are busts, well then game on ahead of fall camp.

Reaction Score
THIS... ( and not a plethora of PWOs on the back end after 4 scholly QBs.... we need 5 on scholly )
Yep this is exactly what I was thinking too, I want to see 5 on a scholly, can’t shift a guy to QB from another spot like we did with cam Edwards

Reaction Score
It’s a delicate process. I'd hate to bring in some B- talent that causes one of our untested higher ceiling guys to bolt before we ever see them (ahem McDonald and Welliver). That said, if spring ball proves all these guys are busts, well then game on ahead of fall camp.
Yeah this is also what I was thinking and think it would have to be someone with 2 years left to bridge the gap currently in the QB room

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom