Do They Enjoy This Stuff?

Discussion in 'UConn Women's Basketball' started by RockyMTblue2, Feb 14, 2018.

1. RockyMTblue2

RockyMTblue2 Don't Look Up!

Waddayah think?

2. VAMike23

VAMike23 The Virginian

I think yes, and no :p

3. bags27

bags27

another great thing about this picture is that there are only 12 players in it. the official picture--still up--has unlucky 13. Guess they can't photoshop it :)

4. huskyd

huskyd

What do I think? Heck, I'm a sucker for UConn wcbb. Love you, gals. :)

Scoop and Teacherdeb like this.
  5. BostonCanuck

BostonCanuck

I know I do! Pretty sure they do, too. :D

Scoop, Bama fan and Teacherdeb like this.
  6. HuskeyinSC

HuskeyinSC

I believe you can judge how much each individual player loves it by the width of the smile. I'd guess about we got 90% like and 10% a little shy. (I like shy)

7. Teacherdeb

Teacherdeb

It warms my heart! They all look sincerely happy- a good thing. I think they appreciate their fans.
    I still remember when the 1995 team came back from Minneapolis and got off the plane to be greeted by fans, and then everyone waving from the overpasses as they bussed back to Storrs- I was at Gampel, waiting to welcome them back- it was wonderful! What a season that was

uconnfan68, Scoop and RockyMTblue2 like this.
  8. Charliebball

Charliebball

one of the best things about UConn WBB is that they recruit great players and even more importantly, great people.....they may be totally fooling me but I get the sense that these teammates really have a great time together on and off the court and enjoy all the goofiness..

9. Bama fan

Bama fan

I think they do love their fans. And since they are most likely prohibited from reading the Bone Yard , they probably even love us Boneheads. I hope that when they win the National Championship, the mods will clear out all the weeping and gnashing from the season's posts so the ladies still love us like we love them. :D

RockyMTblue2 likes this.
  10. eebmg

eebmg

If they get to eat the chocolates in the boxes. :rolleyes:

11. HuskyNan

HuskyNan Administrator

They aren’t prohibited. When Jamelle was an assistant, she ‘fessed up to reading the ‘Yard, too.

uconnfan68 and Scoop like this.
  12. Scoop

Scoop

I knew it!!! The temptation not to visit is almost impossible to resist. Like I said before, when the players and coaches are bored, they can always come to the BY for a weather report, and a bit of comic relief. :p

13. Woof 101

Woof 101

I would say they do... ;) See the team every year for a meet and greet / signing at a football game. The banter, laughter and 1000 watt smiles can not be faked!

RockyMTblue2 likes this.
  14. KnightBridgeAZ

KnightBridgeAZ Grand Canyon Knight

While I suspect there are teams with "issues" out there, my experience in general has been that players truly appreciate the fans. Posing for the picture - who knows.

I will add that it isn't always as easy as you think. I remember when Tasha Pointer was with RU - "the early years" - we lost to Purdue in the NCAA's the year they won the Natty. A fan of Purdue walked up to her and said something on the order of - "You're one of my favorite players, but I'm glad you lost, can I get your autograph"? No, it isn't always easy.