Do not push Napheesa Collier | The Boneyard

Do not push Napheesa Collier

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Very entertaining game between the Lynx and the Sparks last night with 4th-quarter Crystal Dangerfield being the best Crystal Dangerfield, as usual. The most eye-popping moment though was when Amanda Zahui B tested Pheesa and the Husky Queen was having none of it.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Absolutely LOVE it. The play was over - the foul was called, not even on Zaui. but she walked right into Pheesa and pushed her. I think Zaui took exception to Pheesa's little push off of #22. Tough noogies Zaui. Don't mess with Phee.

Pound for pound (ie. for their size), I don't think there is a player physically tougher than Pheesa. Same goes for Edwards and Danger. 3 of the most physically strong players in the game for their size...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
1623598877725.png

Phee: I never cuss,....I Swear. :cool:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
You don't tug on superman's cape
You don't spit into the sea
You don't pull the mask off that old lone ranger
And you don't F#@$ push Phee

Absolutely LOVE it. The play was over - the foul was called, not even on Zaui. but she walked right into Pheesa and pushed her. I think Zaui took exception to Pheesa's little push off of #22. Tough noogies Zaui. Don't mess with Phee.
Zahuai B should have been tossed. SHE walked over to Collier and initiated the contact. When Phee took exception to the push, Zahui B wanted to escalate the altercation. If I were one of the 3 referees, I would have tossed her on the spot. What ever the issue was on that play WAS NOT her call, nor should she have made any attempt to intervene or correct it. If the other player wanted to get it Phee's face, so be it. Zahui B took it upon herself to get involved. If a player feels they are the victim of an extreme rough or un-necessary push, shove or foul, they don't have to just "take it". They can let the aggressor know they did not like it. Players should not be tossed or fined for standing up for themselves. However other players should not get involved like Zahui B did. That's how benches clear, and "cheap shot" punches are thrown. :mad:

The W. does not want any fighting or physical altercations in its games. During the course of a game, there are lots of pushes, shoves and some "cheap" hits once in a while. The best way to assure that no physical altercations occur is to nip it in the bud. If the W. really wanted to deter fighting, they could also suspend a player that get ejected for fighting from THE NEXT GAME as well, along with a modest $250 fine (the first time). The fine and the length of suspension would double after that. At some point, over zealous/aggressive players would realize it's not worth it to get kicked out of a game. It hurts the team and their purse. :confused: If you think about it, you see very few altercations of this type in today's WNBA.

I would have gone over to the Sparks head coach Derek Fisher and explained to him what happen, and why she was tossed. I also would have told him NOT to try and argue the point, or he would join her, and walk away. He if chipped at me later about it, I would have tossed him too. WNBA coaches almost never get ejected. The Las Vegas Aces head coach Bill Laimbeer was the last coach I remember getting tossed. That was last season in the wubble. Players and coaches don't like to get tossed or fined. It hurts their team's chances/ability to win games.

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Thing is, Pheesa never lost her cool. She had some choice words, held her ground, and let it go/didn’t fight it when the official stepped in.

I wonder if she’ll torch the Sparks next time. You remember what they said about Mongo: Don’t shoot him, it only makes him mad.

Reaction Score
I also enjoyed Sylvia Fowles coming in to separate the potential
combatants. Sylvia is QUITE a presence. That is why they
call her "BIG SYL". Don't mess with SYL!! nor Napheesa, nor Crystal.
CRYSTAL should be a weight room coach for UCONN in
some future life! My kind of woman! ( she also did well , i.e. poised, with
GENO!! ). UCONN GRADS are a very GROUNDED bunch of Gals ( Syl is LSU
I believe ).

Carnac

Reaction Score
Wow I did not know our Napheesa knew such curse words!
She's not the only one. I heard another "well known" former player call someone a "MF" on an instagram or cellphone video last year. It raised my eyebrows. I had no idea THAT player used that kind of language. It destroyed the "wholesome" image/thoughts I always had of her. :confused:

Reaction Score
She's not the only one. I heard another "well known" former player call someone a "MF" on an instagram or cellphone video last year. It raised my eyebrows. I had no idea THAT player used that kind of language. It destroyed the "wholesome" image/thoughts I always had of her. :confused:
Molly? noooo

Carnac

Reaction Score
Molly? noooo
No!! I will NEVER say who it was. I saw the video here in the yard just like anyone else could have. :confused:

Reaction Score
I felt the same way about D lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom