Do not push Napheesa Collier | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Do not push Napheesa Collier

Reaction Score
Wow I did not know our Napheesa knew such curse words!
Neither did I.....she looks and behaves so cool and proper....go ahead, Pheesa, tell her "NO! You can't do that to me!" Boundary established.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Neither did I.....she looks and behaves so cool and proper....go ahead, Pheesa, tell her "NO! You can't do that to me!" Boundary established.
Let's just say that Phee can respond appropriately for any circumstance. ;)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The minority report is here:

Phee was fouled by Guirantes and Phee gave Guirantes a little extra forearm after the whistle. B. was just defending her teammate.
Point taken. I'm not arguing the shove by Phee, only B's involvement in that matter. Like I said, it was not B's call or duty to defend Guirantes. Guirantes is a grown woman. She can defend herself. Perhaps Guirantes didn't feel it necessary to retaliate to the shove. Perhaps Guirantes preferred to "return the favor" once play resumed. IMO Zahuai B was out of line.

If B wanted to defend her teammate, she could have stood by to insure no one from the Lynx grabbed or touched Guirantes if she choose to get in Phee's face. The referees are the policemen on the court, not the players.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Whats going on?

I guess that topic will be part of their next Podcast. :)

‎Tea with A & Phee on Apple Podcasts

When you listen how aggressive Pheesa is compared to Aja, Pheesa's edge is very clear.

The first one this year

A’ja Wilson & Napheesa Collier are back, and a lot has happened since they left the WNBA Bubble. The two All-Stars catch us up on their current seasons, reflecting on A’ja’s 2020 MVP award and Napheesa’s recent stint abroad. They then discuss whether more players might head overseas once the new CBA kicks in, before spilling the tea on their favorite rookies, possible WNBA expansion cities, and the origin stories of both Phee’s infamous shimmy and A’ja’s now-iconic durags.

Reaction Score
i actually thought phee took exception to the extra contact by guirantes first, which i thought was reasonanble. After the whistle blew it seems like guirantes took one final hard stab at the ball, which prompted a light shove by phee, and then the interaction between zahui b and phee took place. In any event its just a basketball, heat of the moment thing. I'm actually glad no one was thrown out.

Reaction Score
I really didn't know Pheesa uses curse words, but I'm not disappointed in her? Why? Because sometimes, just sometimes, a situation such as this, forces a more aggressive response from an "easy-going" person. You go girl!!!

Reaction Score
I am surprised no has mentioned the fact that historically her quite demeanor on court, out of respect for the parents wishes and also not to let her opponent get satisfaction.

...All he and his wife have asked of their kids is that they work hard and don't complain, whether it's to an official or a coach.
Napheesa took those instructions to heart. She is not animated on the court and she has a distinct demeanor on the court.
(source)

I guess that doesn't apply to the pros.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Absolutely LOVE it. The play was over - the foul was called, not even on Zaui. but she walked right into Pheesa and pushed her. I think Zaui took exception to Pheesa's little push off of #22. Tough noogies Zaui. Don't mess with Phee.

Pound for pound (ie. for their size), I don't think there is a player physically tougher than Pheesa. Same goes for Edwards and Danger. 3 of the most physically strong players in the game for their size...
I wonder if B would have been that quick to approach Brittney Griner, Sylvia Fowls or Liz Cambage under the same circumstances. :eek:

Reaction Score
You don't tug on superman's cape
You don't spit into the sea
You don't pull the mask off that old lone ranger
And you don't F#@$ push Phee
Jim Croce wrote
You don't tug on superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off that old lone ranger
And you don't mess around with Jim

Reaction Score
4B7645A0-358C-4125-A92A-B06D906453AC.png