Do Larrier and Adams go pro? Then what | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Do Larrier and Adams go pro? Then what

Reaction Score
Jalen's shot is fine? Let me start by saying I like him and he's a very good player for us, but in no way is his 3 point or 2 point jump shooting good enough. He was supposed to improve and fix that over the summer and he didn't. maybe this summer if he returns.

In terms of his form and all that, yeah I think he's in a good place. Like I said, he's forced into taking some atrocious shots. We don't get him good looks nearly often enough. When he has time and sets his feet and is in rhythm he's fine.

Reaction Score
According to a recent podcast I listened to, a source inside the program stated: if Ollie was retained Jalen and Terry would def declare, as well as a good % of the current underclassmen would seriously consider transferring.

Not sure how valid the info is, but it's a scary thought nonetheless

Are we going to set a record for players who are more committed to a school than a coach?

Reaction Score
This is a fallacy that I see on the Boneyard. Hamilton, Purvis, and Brimah have not improved statistically in the G-League. Here are the facts:

Hamilton:
G League: 15.8 pts, 9.3 rebs, 8.1 assists and 5.2 TOs. Shooting 40.7% overall and 29.6% from 3 Pt.
UConn last season: 12.5 pts, 8.9 rebs, 4.7 assists and 2.4 TOs, Shooting 38.7% overall and 33.1% from 3 Pt.

Purvis:
G League: 19.3 pts, 3.8 rebs, 3.4 assists and 2.3 TOs. Shooting 41.8% overall and 35.5% from 3 Pt.
UConn last season: 13.8 pts, 4.2 rebs, 2.5 assists and 1.8 TOs. Shooting 37.2% overall and 34.1% from 3 Pt.

Brimah:
G League: 6.2 pts, 6.9 rebs, 0.7 assista and 1.4 TOs. Shooting 62.1% overall.
UConn last season: 7.6 pts, 6.1 rebs, 0.2 assists and 1.5 TOs. Shooting 62.3% overall.

And Brimah has the worst +/- on the Austin Spurs.

In my opinion, the players are performing as they did at UConn as each player had limitations that we all saw. Unfortunately, based on their play in the G League, none of them will get an NBA call up.

Hamilton is not shooting well this year but look at his numbers last year in the G-League:

G League last year: 14.9 pts, 9.5 rebs, 5.6 assists and 2.9 TOs. Shooting 42.6% overall and 37.4% from 3 Pt.

Not sure why he regressed some this year but he has room to get better and already got the call-up to the NBA a couple times this year plus was recognized as one of the top players at the G-League Showcase last week.

Reaction Score
Making money somewhere else while developing your game seems more enticing than playing another year for a team that has to be incredibly frustrating to play for.
It worked out for Napier just fine. Napier had trouble his sophomore season while Calhoun was at the helm. He considered transferring after his sophomore year, he thought about turning pro his junior year. Thanks to Ollie he stayed and worked on his game with Ollie and staff and delivered us a National Championship. Napier is now set to sign a 4-5 year 32-40 million contract.Anything is possible.

Reaction Score
It worked out for Napier just fine. Napier had trouble his sophomore season while Calhoun was at the helm. He considered transferring after his sophomore year, he thought about turning pro his junior year. Thanks to Ollie he stayed and worked on his game with Ollie and staff and delivered us a National Championship. Napier is now set to sign a 4-5 year 32-40 million contract.Anything is possible.
Napier didnt go through the last 3 seasons we’ve seen

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Is Larrier eligible to be a 5th year grad transfer? If so, he’ll likely go pro or scoot to a Power 5 team that needs a spark off the bench.

Adams should go too. He’ll benefit himself more in the G-League than here.

Reaction Score
Someone correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t Larrier eligible to play anywhere as a post grad
He will be a hot commodity in that Market. Maybe even being reunited with Shaka. There are many programs that actually have fans that are supportive. Why would he stay in Storrs. To listen to boos or worse crickets.
JA only came because our coach had a reputation as a guard coach.
If Ollie’s is gone so is he.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Napier didnt go through the last 3 seasons we’ve seen
Napier was s reserve on the 2011 team
Was a part of that disasters 2012 team. Actually being blamed for much of the dysfunction.
Suffered under media APR scrutiny and was not even allowed to play in the final Big East Tourney as a junior.
If he left early hid legecy wouldn’t be
that fantastic .

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Some thoughts....
I have no idea what either will do. I can see arguments on both sides for staying and going.
For Jalen - staying would show loyalty and would give him the opportunity to showcase his game with a theoretically improved team. He needs to become a lights out shooter...and get better and more confident finishing with his off hand. He isnt getting to the NBA. G-League sure, but guys from the G-League rarely make an NBA impact. Leaving would mean $, but not the NBA. He could go overseas or G-League.
For Terry - it's kinda the same. He would be an extra year removed from the ACL. He'd theoretically be on an improved team. Leaving would be for $.

If both came back (which I think is a long shot, but possible) I would be so pumped about next years team. Assuming AG is healthy. They'd be very very deep which would be a huge breath of fresh air. Youd have JA, AG, CV, JA2, SW, TL, and EM who would all be capable guards/wings. That's 7 guys who are scoring threats which is much better than the 3 we have now. That's some serious depth. With Whaley and Carlton coming along nicely, Diarra is serviceable, Kisunas can give us more size. I like that roster. We'd be replacing DO and AA with huge upgrades and guys who are actually useful on offense. Jalen wouldn't have to play the whole game and might have more juice at the end of games.

Reaction Score
Napier was s reserve on the 2011 team
Was a part of that disasters 2012 team. Actually being blamed for much of the dysfunction.
Suffered under media APR scrutiny and was not even allowed to play in the final Big East Tourney as a junior.
If he left early hid legecy wouldn’t be
that fantastic .

They won a championship in 2011.... how is that being viewed negatively? 2012 didnt live up to the hype but he still got experience playing with nba caliber players and calhoun was still at the helm.

Reaction Score
I'm not even talking about Ollie. I simply think any player would develop more rapidly at the G league than in college. It's a more focused environment.
You think so? I couldn't take more than a few minutes of a Swarm game. Not much D and the guards pretty much just chucked treys. Charlotte sent Duane Bacon down to give him some PT and he scored 45. He never sees action for Charlotte.

Reaction Score
They won a championship in 2011.... how is that being viewed negatively? 2012 didnt live up to the hype but he still got experience playing with nba caliber players and calhoun was still at the helm.
That 2012 team was the most underperformed team in UCONN history and coach Calhoun was leading the pack. Close second was the 2005-2006 team.

Reaction Score
There were a lot of assumptions on this board about Jalen leaving this year, and Terry made some comment about this being his last year in college ball (not sure if that was a firm plan or an aspiration).

Both players don't appear to be on draft boards for either round.
Terry has an NBA level height and shooting, but needs to work on his handle. He's put up reasonably efficient numbers in an environment where he has to take bad shots because the team needs him to. From a spot-shooter perspective, I think he's better than the numbers dictate and could serve as a good role player.

Jalen is a fantastic player and a great finisher, but needs to improve his 3 point shooting to stop the D from going under the screens. This was also a problem that Kemba had to fix. Given he doesn't have Kemba's speed he will find it is much tougher to score at the hoop in the NBA.

If the both leave, they will essentially be saying that the G league is a better place to develop their game. Combine this decision with DHam and it will officially be a trend.

I stand firmly in the keep Ollie camp because I worry about the recruiting problems that come with replacing a coach. A lot of the folks calling for Ollie's head need to understand that it will be at least a 2-3 year process to get the team back on track. I think the best way to guarantee .500 seasons over the next couple of years is to shake the coaching snow globe. That said, I think if Larrier and Adams decide to leave the program this year it will change the dynamics on how to assess the next few years and the impact of a coaching change during this period.

I really hope they both stay. Ollie has taken some bad beats and I would highly prefer to see him turn this team around. I'm curious to see what others (who aren't chomping at the bits to fire Ollie) think about Adams/Larrier and the downstream impacts.
Go pro in what?

Reaction Score
That 2012 team was the most underperformed team in UCONN history and coach Calhoun was leading the pack. Close second was the 2005-2006 team.

I dont see how 05-06 isnt the top? Kemba left after 11’ that was an enormous loss

Reaction Score
I dont see how 05-06 isnt the top? Kemba left after 11’ that was an enormous loss
Shabazz Napier 1 draft Pick
Andre Drummond. 1 Draft Pick
Jeremy Lamb. 1 Draft Pick
Rodney Smith. 2 Draft Pick
Alex Orieki. 2 Draft Pick
Deandre Daniels. 2 Draft Pick
Ryan Boatright. Undrafted only because of his size a huge talent making a good living playing B.B.
Neil’s Giffey Top German League
Only Boatright and Daniels were Freshman and both highly regarded
8-10 in the Big East and lost in the first round of the NCAA tournament that they were lucky to make
2005-20o6
They were 30-4
Won the Big East at 14-2
Lost in overtime by two points in the final 8 to a very hot team.
Beating a good Washington team
and a decent Ky team with Rajon Rondo
Actually I thought that team was never as good as the hype. Other than Rudy who was only a sophomore everyone else fizzled in the NBA .
Only in the delusional mind of a UConn fan could at team like that be considered unachieving
Actually the 2009- 2010 team was more unachieving than 2005-6
Although they did make it to the NIT second round.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom