Do I Need Full Court? | The Boneyard

Do I Need Full Court?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Its worth it for me if i get 3 uconn games i otherwise wouldnt. i have the sportspac on diretv. thanks!

i am not local

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Do you have ESPN3? It's the same thing.

Reaction Score
Last few years I had DirecTV, was not local to CT and had the sport pack. Without Full Court, College BBall games were blacked out (on SNY and all the Fox regional channels for instance). So, make sure you are getting the games you expect to see, but you may need Full Court for the whole season.

Reaction Score
I love it. It does drive my girl crazy because I watch so many games. (she uses the time to shop on line).

Reaction Score
Years ago you needed Full-Court, otherwise the games were blacked out on SNY and other regional sports channels. I am told this is no longer the case based on info from this board. So, this year I am giving it a go with just the regional sports channels and we will see how it goes come Nov 11th. If it's blacked out, I will quickly jump on line and order Full-Court.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
They are definitely not blocked out on SNY. I've not gotten full court the last two years and got everything on SNY.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
I used to get full court but now get the sports package in direcTV. Sign up for it in November and cancel it in April. Full Court sucked because the picture was just awful. Not sure if that problem has been rectified.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Last few years I had DirecTV, was not local to CT and had the sport pack. Without Full Court, College BBall games were blacked out (on SNY and all the Fox regional channels for instance). So, make sure you are getting the games you expect to see, but you may need Full Court for the whole season.
As others have said, thats not true. I live in Nevada and never had a UCONN basketball game blacked out over the past few years.

Reaction Score
Sadly, I just moved to California in March, (just in time to see them in Anaheim) this is my first UCONN season out here. I'm not really sure how i'm going to watch them. I have time warner cable. Are the games gonna be on espn 3.com or should I go to the UCONN website and pay monthly through them. I'm hoping all the games are on espn3. If anyone can help me with some guidance, it would be appreciated.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm confused. I did a search for Direct TV sports package and it gave me a menu of choices which include ESPN Full Court. Did I read this wrong.

Link: http://www.directstartv.com/directv_programming/directv_seasonal_sports.html

Of course the first sentence by the Direct TV marketers needs working on.

DIRECTV offers a more complete sports schedule that just can’t compare to other cable or satellite TV providers.

Reaction Score
You want to get the DirecTV Sports Pack which includes SNY.

Reaction Score
Thanks everyone - i'm going to start w/o it and see what happens. i dont have espn3 but do have sportspac,

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Sadly, I just moved to California in March, (just in time to see them in Anaheim) this is my first UCONN season out here. I'm not really sure how i'm going to watch them. I have time warner cable. Are the games gonna be on espn 3.com or should I go to the UCONN website and pay monthly through them. I'm hoping all the games are on espn3. If anyone can help me with some guidance, it would be appreciated.

Get DirecTV with the sports pack which includes SNY and you will see every game. Or, go to a sports bar. Every self respecting sports bar will have it.

Reaction Score
So can we just clarify? Is ESPN3 good enough to watch all the games? Or is Full Court the best option?

Reaction Score
So can we just clarify? Is ESPN3 good enough to watch all the games? Or is Full Court the best option?
ESPN3.com is on your computer, unless you have a TV that can access the internet. If you don't mind watching the games on your computer screen then ESPN3.com is fine. If not then you'll need ESPN Full Court.

Reaction Score
I live in NC and have been able to watch the majority games on DirecTV with the Sports Pack. SNY is never blacked out down here.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Living in Pensacola, Fl and doing a decent amount of travel, the biggest pain in my butt is "national" games on CBS. Anything on any of the ESPN networks is simulcast on ESPN3. If your cable provider at your home provides ESPN3 access you can get the games anywhere in the country from your laptop with a username and password.

Bottom line? Unless you want to watch every second of the crappy games, gameplan probably isn't worth it anymore. 98% of the games are available on an ESPN network, national channels or on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom