Do college coaches go to the NBA any more? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Do college coaches go to the NBA any more?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Stevens did so well they told him he could no longer be their coach but they like him in the office.

200w.webp

Reaction Score
Why would anyone want to? Top college coaches have unlimited job security, total authority over their program (no GM/front office to deal with), no diva personalities, and very similar pay.

I know Hurley has said he wants to coach in the NBA at some point, but the way he talks about building culture and family within the organization is something that doesn’t exist in the NBA. I can’t see him having to work under a dysfunctional front office because the only reason why NBA jobs open up is because their organization is terrible.
Interesting quote from Hurley about going to the NBA.

Q: Do you still one day aspire to be an NBA coach?

A: Maybe not. It’s weird. … I’m ambitious, I want to keep challenging myself. And then sometimes I feel that way, but then I also feel like my coaching style and the way I do it is unique and maybe not conducive to the way that the NBA functions today. I can’t answer that today.

Reaction Score
Interesting quote from Hurley about going to the NBA.

Q: Do you still one day aspire to be an NBA coach?

A: Maybe not. It’s weird. … I’m ambitious, I want to keep challenging myself. And then sometimes I feel that way, but then I also feel like my coaching style and the way I do it is unique and maybe not conducive to the way that the NBA functions today. I can’t answer that today.

I think it’s safe to say he will never take an NBA job. Tbh I don’t know if Andrea would let him lol. I think she loves the college environment just as much

Reaction Score
I think it’s safe to say he will never take an NBA job. Tbh I don’t know if Andrea would let him lol. I think she loves the college environment just as much
I think he’s here until he calls it quits. We’re lucky to have him

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom