DJ Fluker body slams Sio Moore... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

DJ Fluker body slams Sio Moore...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It looks like Sio was attempting to jump, Fluker caught him during the jump and dropped him like a sack of potatoes. This is the NFL, not Major League Soccer.

Did ya watch the video in post 12 above? Kinda tough to jump without bending your knees. He was lifted up the throat (helped by the leverage from #66 and his own momentum) and slammed down.

Sio is a big boy and will learn from it.

Reaction Score
Did ya watch the video in post 12 above? Kinda tough to jump without bending your knees. He was lifted up the throat (helped by the leverage from #66 and his own momentum) and slammed down.

Sio is a big boy and will learn from it.

I watched the video. Fluker had a decision, he could cuddle Sio and gently place him on the turf, or he could finish the play. He finished the play. Sio will see him again. And I hope he returns the favor.

Reaction Score
I watched the video. Fluker had a decision, he could cuddle Sio and gently place him on the turf, or he could finish the play. He finished the play. Sio will see him again. And I hope he returns the favor.

He was indeed sending a message - but Sio did not leave his feet voluntarily. Fluker is a monster. Maybe Kendall drops a little icy hot in DJ's boxers for SIo ;)

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Yup, former UConn player bodyslammed in a cheapshot, 15 yard personal foul, and his commentary is that our guy "got knocked the fugg out"

Classic joyce

Classic post.

Reaction Score

Since when can you lift people by their neck in the NFL?

Reaction Score
On first glance, I figured he was jumping up to swat at the QB or something and got tossed, which often happens to defenders when they leave their feet, but that's not what happened here. It's really a poor pass rush by Sio, bad play on his part. It happens, got to correct it. He comes in gets engaged with the bigger LT, with very poor pad level, is totally extended out to his toes and the guard comes over is able to get his pads in under Sio's and simply stands up tall and creates a fulcrum that the LT is able to pick him up and toss him pretty effortlessly.

What happened to Sio is essentially what's called a Tsuri Komi Goshi throw in Judo, he got tossed by his collar. Had the tackle done it alone he would have had to get his hips rotated and in and under Sio's center of gravity. You can toss some very big people around easy if you know how to use leverage properly. Except the tackle didn't need to work to get sio off balance, or get his hips rotated and underneath sio to throw him, because Sio got himself off balance, and the guard came underneath to create the pivot point. the tackle just needed to use his own momentum to drive him into the ground, I bet it felt pretty effortless for Mr. Flukey.

Sio did nothing to break the force of the fall either, I bet he heard some cracking and popping in his ribcage and had a hard time breathing for a few seconds after that.

Live and learn - get your pad level, leverage and hand / body / foot positioning right, or get thrown around like a rag doll.

Reaction Score
He actually got a real good push against such a massive tackle. The double team caused him to come off his feet, and Fluker who had probably been really frustrated up to that point, finished off the play. They'll play again, I'm sure Sio will be trying to break his chin strap next time.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Scoreboard...

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Reaction Score
Deadspin
5:17pm via SocialFlow
Chargers lineman thinks he hurt himself body-slamming Raiders linebacker:deadsp.in/qbK5IXK

>>Fluker missed practice Thursday. The reason? A calf injury he thinks he sustained by flinging Moore around.From U-T San Diego:

"I felt it then," Fluker said. "A couple plays later, that's when I really felt it late third quarter."

Worth it?

"It wasn't worth the injury," Fluker said. "It was worth the play. ... As an offensive lineman, I'm taught to finish, finish, finish."<<

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Deadspin
5:17pm via SocialFlow
Chargers lineman thinks he hurt himself body-slamming Raiders linebacker:deadsp.in/qbK5IXK

>>Fluker missed practice Thursday. The reason? A calf injury he thinks he sustained by flinging Moore around.From U-T San Diego:

"I felt it then," Fluker said. "A couple plays later, that's when I really felt it late third quarter."

Worth it?

"It wasn't worth the injury," Fluker said. "It was worth the play. ... As an offensive lineman, I'm taught to finish, finish, finish."<<

Karma....it's a bitch... :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc