Dishin & Swishin: 40-0 and counting, Kim Mulkey looks for more | The Boneyard

Dishin & Swishin: 40-0 and counting, Kim Mulkey looks for more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The air is getting colder, the leaves are changing color and the WNBA regular season is coming to a close. All sure signs that the women’s college basketball season is coming up fast! The preseason rankings are starting to come out and the Women’s Basketball Coaches Association released the preseason “Wade Watch List” this week.

For the second straight year, Dishin & Swishin is proud to begin it’s NCAA women’s basketball coverage with an interview with the coach of the defending national champions. Last year it was Texas A&M’s Gary Blair, and today it is Baylor’s coach Mulkey. Hi everybody, I hope you've enjoyed your offseason! Time to get ready for some WCBB!

Kim joined me for this week's podcast! From Brittney to the freshmen to USA Basketball to Trace Adkins, we talked about it! Enjoy!

http://wp.me/pwd9L-5rX

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I can't listen at the moment (not sure if it's even covered in the interview), but how is her recovery going re: the facial muscle problem or palsy she had last spring?

Reaction Score
I can't listen at the moment (not sure if it's even covered in the interview), but how is her recovery going re: the facial muscle problem or palsy she had last spring?

It is, and she's good.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Word from practices is that BG has added condisedrable, noticeably upper body muscle mass. Also that Chardonae Fuqua is the sleeper in the bunch and that the freshmen guards are very impressive from three point range. Pope is also reported to look as if she has put in a lot of off season work on her game.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Word from practices is that BG has added condisedrable, noticeably upper body muscle mass. Also that Chardonae Fuqua is the sleeper in the bunch and that the freshmen guards are very impressive from three point range. Pope is also reported to look as if she has put in a lot of off season work on her game.

Well, we know they will still face at least one real test this year..... and maybe the same team twice ;)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The more I read about how hard the UCONN players have worked in the offseason, the more confident I feel about how they will play and matchup against Baylor. I still think it will be a 2 team race all year, and I think Baylor will just be terrific, but I think the teams are fairly evenly matched. I'd love to see someone do a breakdown (a realistic one, not a homer UCONN or homer Baylor one) of the player matchups. I suspect given how hard both teams worked in the offseason, it won't be valid until we get to see some games. I'm sure by February, both teams will get a feel for what the other teams have done and the review of game tapes will give each side a clue as to what to expect...

I think Baylor has an advantage in the 1 and 5 spots (Simms and Griner vs. Doty and Dolson), but UCONN has an advantage in the 2,3 spots (Hartley and Faris vs. Madden and Hayden), and I think the "4" spot is a bit of a wash... Williams is terrific inside and is bigger and more experienced than KML, but Lewis is a lights out 3 point shooter and is the best (or 2nd best) player in her entire class. No matter who you give the advantage too on paper, it's still really close.

and the benches - Condrey, Pope, Prince vs. Stokes, Banks, and UCONN's freshman trio IMHO gives an advantage to UCONN, but a lot depends on just how much of the bench is needed and used. I know ETT said that Fuquoa is a sleeper and Fields is a 4 star recruit, but I doubt in a game vs. UCONN either gets into the game.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I usually wait until a few days before the game to do an analysis. Considering that this game is not until February, both teams could be very different.

I will say that from a UConn perspective, you will see more of Hartley, Faris, Lewis, Stewart and Dolson for most of the game. And I would be that Faris might be given the assignment to shut down Sims as best as she can.

In that case, there is no doubt that UConn has the advantage in 3 of the 5 positions. In my opinion...of course.

Reaction Score
Baylor deserves the preseason #1 ranking as reigning National Champions, the return of most of that team,and the FR Prince! We return everyone other than Hayes! If this was it advantage Baylor! We played this team at Baylor last season and could have won! Not only will Kiah and Banks as SOs be increased contributors,but we add 3 incredible FR #1Stewart,#2 Mo,#4 Morgan! These 3 are going to make us a special team with all 3 IMHO being instant impact players! Much has been said about Stewart and MO,but when you add Morgan who was a former #1 ranked player,prior to her injury during the USA 16 tryouts and has comeback to being under the radar even with her incredible play,being Ist team AA,McDAA,and her incredible play in winning the Fiba 18 Championship along with MVP Stewart and MO! When you add these 5 players to the starting 5 you have a legit 5 off of the bench plus what Buck might contribute if needed!
Come Feb,we will witness an incredible game,at home, to be followed IMHO a meeting again for the NCAA Title! The Huskies have more than the potential to knock Baylor off of their perch,not once,but twice! I say this with all due respect,to Griner,Sims,and the rest of the Baylor team! W/O this Husky team,Baylor would roll along undefeated,end the season undeated,80 game winning streak,and have back to back NCs!!!!!!! But
there is very special,talented Husky team in their way:)
I think Condrey is gone!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32