Disgusted | The Boneyard

Disgusted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We are just an incredibly stupid and unclutch team, it's gross to watch. Gibbs and Purvis just suck when it matters. We have the third ranked defense and can't stop the ball to save our lives when it matters, we are the third ranked free throw shooting team yet never go to the line. We had no business winning the game but Gibbs was clearly fouled on the three to add insult to injury, I hate every lousy thing about being stuck in this hellhole of a conference.

Reaction Score
6th place in the pathetic AAC says everything. All we had to do was beat Houston in Gampel to make the tourney, but let them punch us in the face. With all the pointless "must win" threads I'll go on record and say SMU is an absolute must win game.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
It was amazing. We continually jogged back while they just ran right up our rectums. That is effort and recognition. It's like we expected them to just get over half court and settle in to half court. Just such a lack of urgency and poise with this team. So much potential and so much fail. I've never seen anything like this team when it comes to close games. We find ways to lose. We don't get beat ( usually) ...we find ways to lose.

Reaction Score
Much credit to Houston, they came in here and played outstanding basketball, making tough shot after tough shot.
This team doesn't have the testicles to match an effort like that down the stretch.

What absolute BULL.

Credit them my .

This program is making the AAC look FAR better than it is. Anyone see what happened to Temple when they played Villanova?

Kevin Ollie and his staff making the AAC look like the toughest league in the country is malpractice at the highest order.

Reaction Score
It's up to uconn if they wanna make the tournament if you don't make it out of 68 teams you only have yourself to blame.

Reaction Score
It was amazing. We continually jogged back while they just ran right up our rectums. That is effort and recognition. It's like we expected them to just get over half court and settle in to half court. Just such a lack of urgency and poise with this team. So much potential and so much fail. I've never seen anything like this team when it comes to close games. We find ways to lose. We don't get beat ( usually) ...we find ways to lose.

That's the issue, the effort. There was one point they showed 3 guys jogging back while a Houston player blew right by all THREE of them for a lay-up. Hate to say it but even if this team makes the tourney, do they deserve it? 6th place in this conference is a embarrassment given the history of our program. It's scary. Other issue is this team just isn't that like able. There's no Boat, no Bazz, no Kemba, no Okafor, etc. This is a team of role players and no leader.

Reaction Score
What absolute BULL.

Credit them my .

This program is making the AAC look FAR better than it is. Anyone see what happened to Temple when they played Villanova?

Kevin Ollie and his staff making the AAC look like the toughest league in the country is malpractice at the highest order.

Did you really watch that game and think we lost because we were out coached? Sounds like you may have an agenda you're trying to stick to.

We lost because they made shots and we didn't. They hustled down the floor on the break and we didn't.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
What absolute BULL.

Credit them my .

Kevin Ollie and his staff making the AAC look like the toughest leage in the country is malpractice at the highest order.
I think we need to realize how overrated we are, and that we are not even CLOSE to the program we were in the Big East.
But there's hope for the future on the recruiting end. As someone on this board stated a couple weeks ago, this team is the last shockwave effect of the APR penalties and scholarship shortage. Our senior class is frickin Omar Calhoun and Phil Nolan. Once we start to annually bring in 3-4 4+ star recruits again, we are in great shape.
One thing we've learned after the majority of this season, is that this year+last year are bridge years more than anything. 3 of our best players are transfers for goodness sake. With that said, there's still NCAA hope for this team. This team, like any other team could get hot in the tournament, if we get there.

Reaction Score
Hope the Big East will take us after the B12 passes on us. Then again, we would probably just dilute their conference.

Reaction Score
6th place in the pathetic AAC says everything. All we had to do was beat Houston in Gampel to make the tourney, but let them punch us in the face. With all the pointless "must win" threads I'll go on record and say SMU is an absolute must win game.
Knowing this team they could pull off the miraculous and beat SMU away only to lose to Central Florida at home. We have a lot of nice kids who are incredibly weak mentally.

Reaction Score
This was the worst effort I have seen from a UCONN team on fast break defense and on the boards in a must win game. Just didn't seem like they were giving the effort. I loved when Gibbs on that long rebound, I think it was a long rebound to the corner, just coasted over there and was going out of bounds and just lofted a pass towards the basket that was intercepted led to two points on the other side. If he had hustled he could have gotten the ball easily without falling out of bounds. Pretty much that play epitomized how hard this UCONN team played today. Just no sense of urgency in a must win game and it showed in the effort.UGH!!!!

Reaction Score
So last week I posted that I thought we had to run the table to make the tournament and was told I was stupid. What do you think now? We still in? I have been a die hard fan since the 60's and this may be my least favorite team.

Reaction Score
Did you really watch that game and think we lost because we were out coached? Sounds like you may have an agenda you're trying to stick to.

We lost because they made shots and we didn't. They hustled down the floor on the break and we didn't.
If you aren't getting back on defense, that's also on the coach. It's inexcusable, call a timeout and bench all of them.

Reaction Score
In this case, I think they were "drunk off success" as Ollie would put it. After destroying USF, and with another big game at SMU coming up on Thursday, it seemed like they approached this game with the mentality that it was a guaranteed win. This team has all the talent it needs to win on a consistent basis. Is this a National Championship team? Probably not, but they have enough talent to not be 10-6 in this conference. Thats whats been frustrating all year.

Reaction Score
Much credit to Houston, they came in here and played outstanding basketball, making tough shot after tough shot.
This team doesn't have the testicles to match an effort like that down the stretch.

I'll have to agree. That Dodson guy came out of nowhere and was absolutely on fire. Such a quick catch and release from him every time. Was just waiting to him to miss one but it just didn't seem to want to happen. And his 3 pointer late in the shot clock was the dagger.

Reaction Score
This was the worst effort I have seen from a UCONN team on fast break defense and on the boards in a must win game. Just didn't seem like they were giving the effort. I loved when Gibbs on that long rebound, I think it was a long rebound to the corner, just coasted over there and was going out of bounds and just lofted a pass towards the basket that was intercepted led to two points on the other side. If he had hustled he could have gotten the ball easily without falling out of bounds. Pretty much that play epitomized how hard this UCONN team played today. Just no sense of urgency in a must win game and it showed in the effort.UGH!!!!
Gibbs had another great one where he could have picked up the loose ball to lead a break and he just never bothered to pick it up, he's been horrible down the stretch. Any coincidence that his old Seton Hall team is starting to look like a top 10 type of team.

Reaction Score
In this case, I think they were "drunk off success" as Ollie would put it. After destroying USF, and with another big game at SMU coming up on Thursday, it seemed like they approached this game with the mentality that it was a guaranteed win. This team has all the talent it needs to win on a consistent basis. Is this a National Championship team? Probably not, but they have enough talent to not be 10-6 in this conference. Thats whats been frustrating all year.
Drunk off success? We won 1 game in a row after looking bad and losing to Cincy.

Reaction Score
I think today was a look-ahead game. That's the only justification I can think of at this point. The lack of focus to end the first half/start of the second half was really disappointing.

We're in 6th place in the AAC, with six conference losses. Despite our out-of-conference wins, which aren't even that impressive to be honest, I think we're squarely on the bubble now. Probably Last Four In/Next Four In. It's imperative that we beat USF & UCF to end the year and we can't lose early in the conference tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom