Disdain for AO | The Boneyard

Disdain for AO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don't show this article to johnhuskies

He thinks leaving UConn for Mizzou (before Calhoun retired) gave him a better shot at the NBA?!!!! Didn't he leave UConn so he had a shot at the NCAA Tournament?

I don't know where to begin. As an adult (HAHA), he has every right to transfer to another school, but he is comparing coaches (a profession) leaving for another school to student athletes transferring? He sounds more and more like his father. If I was Frank Haith, I would tell him to stfu and put a gag order on him immediately.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i tank the kid for his time here but chesus he sucks. go to the gym, leave your phone in your room and dont answer the media at all. the hole you are digging is silly at this point. just stop ao and tell your dad to stop also.

Reaction Score
He thinks leaving UConn for Mizzou (before Calhoun retired) gave him a better shot at the NBA?!!!!

I don't know where to begin. As an adult (HAHA), he has every right to transfer to another school, but he is comparing coaches (a profession) leaving for another school to student athletes transferring? He soumds more and more like his father. If I was Frank Haith, I would tell him to stfu and put a gag order on him immediately.

The words NBA should never come out of his mouth unless he's watching tv.
I like the Vanderbilt coaches comment. He called AO a sore loser lol.

Reaction Score
He thinks leaving UConn for Mizzou (before Calhoun retired) gave him a better shot at the NBA?!!!! Didn't he leave UConn so he had a shot at the NCAA Tournament?

I don't know where to begin. As an adult (HAHA), he has every right to transfer to another school, but he is comparing coaches (a profession) leaving for another school to student athletes transferring? He sounds more and more like his father. If I was Frank Haith, I would tell him to stfu and put a gag order on him immediately.

Frank Haith might be the sleaziest coach in the game after Scott Drew and before Cal. His players were getting paid at Miami, and I'm praying the NCAA hammers him and gives Mizzou a postseason ban. Not that it matters because they will just lose to a #15 seed again. Lets see if AO tells Haith to "duckk himself" like he told JC after another 2 rebound performance

Reaction Score
I don't know where to begin. As an adult (HAHA), he has every right to transfer to another school, but he is comparing coaches (a profession) leaving for another school to student athletes transferring?

I don't get your point here. Coaches have no duty of loyalty whatsoever to the players who have committed to play for them, and they act accordingly. They jump at better offers all the time and leave the kids they recruited behind. Why shouldn't the kids be able to do the same?

Reaction Score

Some coaches have no loyalty but JC was not one of them. How many former players consider him like a second father? A lot and thats why they always come back to uconn.

Reaction Score
The words NBA should never come out of his mouth unless he's watching tv.
I like the Vanderbilt coaches comment. He called AO a sore loser lol.

I also love what Larry Brown said, "a lot of people who tell a kids where to go are maybe the ones who are unhappy".
Sound like anyone we know?!

Reaction Score
I don't get your point here. Coaches have no duty of loyalty whatsoever to the players who have committed to play for them, and they act accordingly. They jump at better offers all the time and leave the kids they recruited behind. Why shouldn't the kids be able to do the same?

Money and careers are involved? Look, if AO had said as a player he had the right to transfer, no problem - he does. But he's comparing an athletic scholarship to a job. He's not getting fired, he has the right to choose a school, and leave that school if unhappy. A coach has the right to leave for a promotion (more $, Higher profile, dream job), but otherwise, they are on a contract, and unless, they are fired, are expected to uphold the terms of that contract.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
AO is an immature kid who additionally gets bad direction. He was a big part of an NC team here so why not take the high road as 'adults' and wish him the best? If he grows up and gets better advice he just may be able to make a living out of basketball.

Reaction Score
AO's logic: I'm leaving legendary coach Jim Calhoun, who has put many players in the NBA, for Frank Haith, who doesn't have half the record JC does at developing NBA talent, so I can get into the NBA.

WTF?!!!!!

Reaction Score
Money and careers are involved? Look, if AO had said as a player he had the right to transfer, no problem - he does. But he's comparing an athletic scholarship to a job. He's not getting fired, he has the right to choose a school, and leave that school if unhappy. A coach has the right to leave for a promotion (more $, Higher profile, dream job), but otherwise, they are on a contract, and unless, they are fired, are expected to uphold the terms of that contract.

Your response makes no sense. You just said he has a right to leave if he's unhappy. So why does he have to sit out a year as a punishment? Coaches leave mid-contract all the time, and there's no requirement that they sit out a year at their new school. If there's a buyout, fine, but otherwise they leave with impunity. If anything, the argument is weaker for the players because their scholarship is essentially a one year contract. You're letting your hatred for one kid lead you to a silly position.

Reaction Score
AO is an immature kid who additionally gets bad direction. He was a big part of an NC team here so why not take the high road as 'adults' and wish him the best? If he grows up and gets better advice he just may be able to make a living out of basketball.

I understand what you are saying, but how about AO take the high road, and decline comment, or shut up?
There are a lot of players who helped bring us a NCAA Championship, and only AO, his father (not a player), and Jamal Coombs-McDaniel bring themselves down, and talk .
You don't hear much venom from RS.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I understand what you are saying, but how about AO take the high road, and decline comment, or shut up?
There are a lot of players who helped bring us a NCAA Championship, and only AO, his father (not a player), and Jamal Coombs-McDaniel bring themselves down, and talk .
You don't hear much venom from RS.

He's a kid. With an idiot for a father.

Combine immaturity with stupidity and this is what you get.

Why would anyone care if he stayed? They can't go to the tournament so the program is better off giving his minutes to a player with eligibility.

He is a fool and his father is a fool. I can only guess most posters here are older and more mature - so why not act it.

Reaction Score
Why does anybody care about AO? The next generation of UConn BB has to start. Boo AO at next alumni game if he shows. Who cares. He helped get us a NC that was never expected. Fine. It's time to move on. Like the girls, only NCs count. It's Ollie time!

Reaction Score
Your response makes no sense. You just said he has a right to leave if he's unhappy. So why does he have to sit out a year as a punishment? Coaches leave mid-contract all the time, and there's no requirement that they sit out a year at their new school. If there's a buyout, fine, but otherwise they leave with impunity. If anything, the argument is weaker for the players because their scholarship is essentially a one year contract. You're letting your hatred for one kid lead you to a silly position.

He's comparing a paid job to being a student. That's why. He wants to complain, that's fine. He's not leaving UConn for money, for a promotion, which is what coaches do. He's leaving so he can play in the tourney - no wait- so he can get in the NBA.

I'm comparing a free ride to a paid job! If you don't see the difference, I don't know what else to say.

Reaction Score
He's comparing a paid job to being a student. That's why. He wants to complain, that's fine. He's not leaving UConn for money, for a promotion, which is what coaches do. He's leaving so he can play in the tourney - no wait- so he can get in the NBA.

I'm comparing a free ride to a paid job! If you don't see the difference, I don't know what else to say.

Exactly. Plenty of players better than AO have appreciated having a full ride, room and board, and as much national tv exposure as any school.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I have no problem with AO transferring. Of course his commentary won't endear him to people:
Oriakhi, who told USA TODAY Sports he was intent on transferring even if he had to sit out a season, said Stallings' comments sounded like those of a sore loser. "The coach from Vanderbilt said that?" Oriakhi said. "I'm pretty sure if I wanted to come to his school, he would not have had a problem with it. If it's going to benefit the coach, I'm pretty sure he's not going to complain about it at all.

Funny thing is if he was willing to sit out a season, he could have done it at UConn. The coaches could have redshirted him for a season with a medical redshirt. Then he could have played at UConn the following
season when the ban was lifted.

The medical redshirt would have been for Melenchonitis Winitis!

Reaction Score
Exactly. Plenty of players better than AO have appreciated having a full ride, room and board, and as much national tv exposure as any school.

I don't hear anything from RS's camp. How many transfers have we had run their mouths? Not many. Most just leave, and continue on. Try to let their game do the talking for their new team. That's doing the right thing and taking the higher road.
This article got me posting because AO is trying to paint himself as a victim. Boo-hoo. Just shut up (with your father) and play basketball. Is that too much to ask?

Reaction Score
Not a peep from Roscoe. I think he just made a poor decision and wants to play the 3. I hope things work out for him, whereas I hope AO just STFU and goes to Turkey already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom