Discussion on Who Returns | The Boneyard

Discussion on Who Returns

Reaction Score
We’re all wondering the same question, who returns and who doesn’t? Let’s see what everyone thinks... I’ll go first:

Bouknight: No
Whaley: Yes
Polley: Yes
Carlton: No
Adams: No

Comments: as a lottery pick, there’s absolutely no reason for Bouknight to return. Deep down, everyone here knows that, even though all of us would selfishly like to see his junior year.

That said - I believe Isaiah and Tyler could seriously benefit from an additional season, and could use the Maryland loss as a learning experience for next year. Isaiah could be a preseason all conference player with a ton of exposure, while Tyler has the potential to improve his 3-ball and become the Rashad-type role player we’ve all been dreaming of. Let’s not forget, he was able to have a decent year after a gruesome injury. I think one more summer of hard practicing will help him immensely.

Josh and Brendan - go get that Euro money. It’s been great having you here, but it will be a crowded roster next year. Thank you for helping us lay the foundation for success and for sticking through all of the adversity. Your names will certainly be remembered for some of the biggest fighters this program has seen. In my opinion, right up there with Christian Vital.

Closing thoughts: If Isaiah and Tyler return, we are a preseason T25 roster with plenty to look forward to.

Reaction Score
Don't speculate. I'm sure a lot will come out over the next few weeks.

Reaction Score
I don't think it's 100% that Bouknight is gone. I'll leave that up to the scouts. If he's top 20 guaranteed, I see it, but if he's bottom of the 1st round, he'll have a serious decision to make about whether to come back.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I didn't think any of the seniors would come back, after yesterday's disappointing loss and a taste of March I think we could see that change

Reaction Score
I don't think it's 100% that Bouknight is gone. I'll leave that up to the scouts. If he's top 20 guaranteed, I can see it, but if he's bottom of the 1st round, he'll have a serious decision to make about whether to come back.
He’s gonna go top 12

Reaction Score
It's too early to tell. The wound is still fresh. Out of all of them, even though it would cost him a year of being paid, I think Whaley is the most likely to return. If there is ever that voice saying "This thing is unfinished.", I think he would be the guy to want to come back. It's just speculation.
If I had to bet, I think they are all gone.

Reaction Score
What are the implications if they stay? Would they lose scholarships to the incoming class? Do they do something like half scholarships?

Reaction Score
It's too early to tell. The wound is still fresh. Out of all of them, even though it would cost him a year of being paid, I think Whaley is the most likely to return. If there is ever that voice saying "This thing is unfinished.", I think he would be the guy to want to come back. It's just speculation.
If I had to bet, I think they are all gone.
I agree. I think Whalley wud be only one to possibly come back. I mean Europe will be there next year. Wud welcome him back with open arms. We re really not that deep at the 4/5 next year and who knows how akok is going to come back from his injury.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
if typo's here, im gone.
if typo stays, im leaving.
if typo still wears the blue, im wearing the black. it's the custom of mourners.

Reaction Score
Just curious, if any of the guys are staying, it prevents people from playing as much next year. Is this what we want for our program moving forward with very talented freshman coming in and the need to develop our long term talent?

Reaction Score
Just curious, if any of the guys are staying, it prevents people from playing as much next year. Is this what we want for our program moving forward with very talented freshman coming in and the need to develop our long term talent?
We just want success, and to build on this season. We need filler players for that to happen.

Reaction Score
Next year's recruiting class currently does not include a 3 or a 4. Polly is a 3 and Whaley is a 4. Those two guys returning seems like an obvious fit. If they choose not to return Hurley will need to recruit those two positions.

Reaction Score
If they all leave we only have 10 players and we will need more immediate rotation players. Either one or more of these guys stay or we will add transfers. One way or another there will be additions.

Reaction Score
whaley and polley werent the answers we needed this year and they wont be next year. we need a stretch 4 that can hit 3s at a good clip (since aj and sanogo arent shooters) and a W that can do more than hit the occasional 3

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
None of them returns and I think it's 50/50 if Springs transfers. I think realistically we see six players returning plus the three recruits plus four transfers.

Reaction Score
Has there been any evidence at all that any of the seniors are thinking of staying or Hurley wants them to? As much as it would help if someone like Whaley or Polley stayed, guys are generally ready to move on to the next chapter of their lives after 4 years

Reaction Score
Bouk is gone. I think he would benefit immensely from another year and improve the start of his NBA career. But he'll be a lottery pick, so...

Adams and Carlton are probably done. With their playing time already shrinking and more recruits arriving, they understand that it's time to move on.

I could see either or both of Polley and Whaley come back. If either was in a position of needing a few more credits to graduate or looking forward to a graduate degree, then I would think they'd consider getting the free year of school while bolstering the pro ball resumes - though I think Whaley's is good enough.

If somehow Bouk comes back, then I'd think having Whaley and Polley back would help maximize next year's potential. Otherwise, I think having them does start to slow the development of some of the younger guys.

Reaction Score
Would take Whaley back. Would rather a 3 that can score reliably. Polley- cannot do that every game.

Reaction Score
I agree. I think Whalley wud be only one to possibly come back. I mean Europe will be there next year. Wud welcome him back with open arms. We re really not that deep at the 4/5 next year and who knows how akok is going to come back from his injury.
Whaley is a year older than Polley or Carlton. There is a limited money making window . That has to be a factor.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Whaley is a year older than Polley or Carlton. There is a limited money making window . That has to be a factor.

There’s nowhere to really make any money this year.

But I think I would be surprised if any of the five returned. Bouknight and Adams for basketball reasons and the seniors probably because by the time you’re a senior, you’re just ready for what comes next.

Reaction Score
Polley should come back. We need his experience and shooting. He also has a chance to improve his prospects. He is a guy who understands his role and does not have an ego.

Whaley should move on to the G-League. He is at his peak and should go make money. Carlton and BAdams should move on to their post-UCONN lives.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom