Discussion on Who Returns | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Discussion on Who Returns

Reaction Score
I'm hoping for a major perimeter bucket getter with one of these open scholarships. Shooting is a concern now.
It’s not even just a concern, its frightening. Without Polley and Bouk, who were both streaky at best, Cole is the only one who can actually make a 3 that we know. A grad transfer shooter should be priority 1 and 2.

Reaction Score
Can't see any of them coming back. I just feel the seniors will probably be ready to move on, in Polley's case he'd be coming back for a much more limited role imo and if all goes well Whaley's role could diminish too. I'd love to have especially Whaley back as insurance but I'll be pleasantly surprised if it happens

Reaction Score
I can't see Polley returning to come off the bench. Nothing wrong with not starting per se, but I don't think its an attraction for a 5th year player.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
what's bouk's player comp now? he shot 29%(!) from 3 this year so i was thinking of a poor man's demar derozan who literally doesnt even attempt threes. but demar is a great passer and bouk had a negative A/TO ratio.

those 2 stats are a terrible combo for a SG...not to mention he's also a below average defender...lou williams? nah he's also a much better passer...who are some SGs that average <1 3pm and ~1apg?
The hope is that he's a better shooter than he showed here.

Reaction Score
Polley I can see coming back because the ACL ate into his career.

We do need shooters.

But one year away from the ACL I'd love to see him add a pump fake to his game and the occasional drive and kick.

Reaction Score
Bouknight is gone. He's a first round pick, even if a low first round pick. He's old for his year. If he doesn't go to the NBA this year it's a red flag for GMs.

Adams is gone. He's all but announced that he's grad transferring somewhere he can get PT.

The 3 seniors, I suppose nothing would surprise me, but I expect all of them to move on. Whaley at the very least should be making some money playing basketball. The other two guys will have graduated academically and aren't likely to have much of a basketball career, which I suppose generates arguments for either staying or leaving, but I have a feeling they'll decide 4 years in college is enough.

One little-discussed, extremely unlikely, but actually possible scenario is Cole leaving. He's already been in college 4 years, probably will graduate, and could, in theory, grad transfer or go pro. I don't think there's any realistic chance of it, even though it could happen in theory.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Bouk is a first round pick, if not lottery. He’s gone.
Adams sees the writing on the wall and probably transfers. He saw it two years ago when he announced he’d graduate in 3 years. Good for him
Whaley can make money somewhere.
Josh, just no place for him. He’d be a 15 point 7 rebound guy at a mid major.
Polley, just not a good enough player. He can go to Europe.

We need some depth. Transfer portal time.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
the results for the season are in!
typo shot .362% overall which, excluding badams cuz his burn disappeared in the last month or so (.300%), places ol sniper 'trey ty' exactly dead last on our list, and it ain't even close. seriously, some of youse got a tic with that guy's perceived value, cuz the reality bites.
oldy but goodie baddie. he actually had more fouls (28) than assists (8) blocks (7) and steals (4) combined.
now, that's hard to do. how hard? despite playing around 250 minutes more than josh, those assists, blocks, and steals numbers are almost exactly the same! josh almost doubled him, 7-4, on steals!
mebbe a bellevue visit is in order for those fanboys.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Next year's recruiting class currently does not include a 3 or a 4. Polly is a 3 and Whaley is a 4. Those two guys returning seems like an obvious fit. If they choose not to return Hurley will need to recruit those two positions.
SJ played alongside with Sanogo last year, would imagine the same will happen in spurts next year. He’s not playing 5 until he puts on more size. They also have Akok returning next season and will get an entire off-season to actually get healthy. Who knows what’ll happen, but if none come back, bringing in new guys to the program isn’t a bad thing. It’s part of developing the program.

Reaction Score
but he's not, he only played the 4 out of necessity. we need a much better shooter at the 4 spot if aj and sanogo are both in the starting lineup

or AJ, Sanogo and Whaley can improve their shooting. Obviously they will do their best to do so because they won't have a chance at the next level unless they improve their shooting.

Reaction Score
or AJ, Sanogo and Whaley can improve their shooting. Obviously they will do their best to do so because they won't have a chance at the next level unless they improve their shooting.
Yes of course they’ll improve (aj can’t get much worse) but we’re talking about next season. We can’t expect the kind of improvement that we need across the board. Better shooting talent is the only answer in the short term

Reaction Score
I could see Polley coming back. Young for his class, comes from a family that probably isn't hurting for money given that his dad played in the NFL, seems like a bright kid

Reaction Score
the results for the season are in!
typo shot .362% overall which, excluding badams cuz his burn disappeared in the last month or so (.300%), places ol sniper 'trey ty' exactly dead last on our list, and it ain't even close. seriously, some of youse got a tic with that guy's perceived value, cuz the reality bites.
oldy but goodie baddie. he actually had more fouls (28) than assists (8) blocks (7) and steals (4) combined.
now, that's hard to do. how hard? despite playing around 250 minutes more than josh, those assists, blocks, and steals numbers are almost exactly the same! josh almost doubled him, 7-4, on steals!
mebbe a bellevue visit is in order for those fanboys.

Well, how many trey's does Josh make all year? Does he take any? Maybe 0 for zero is better than 0 for 10?

36 per cent is not an outrageous stat. Probably within the mean of volume 3 point shooters.

To put a somewhat positive spin on typo, maybe his fouls represented an "attempt" to play defense. At least, he tried to defend his man, but just missed the ball and got arm. Or, gave him a pat on the back as his man got by him.

An interesting comparison would be to AJ, meaning per minute, when AJ was on the floor guarding his man, what shooting percentage or how many points per minute did Polley allow vs. what AJ allowed?

I would assume AJ had a much better defensive efficiency rate compared to Polley.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom