Discipline and the Will to Win | The Boneyard

Discipline and the Will to Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Ive been talking alot out the attributes of UConn, that I witnessed againest Stanford. Nothing more then the will to win. I have broken it down to some of the intangibles that I feel it takes to win.

Discipline means hard work and sacrifice. Hard work isnt just the number of hours invested. Hard work is discipline, the kind of focused effort that develops self-control. Discipline, born of hard work, helps you make the hard decisions. IT helps you embrace the pain associated with change. Its helps you stay on track in the face of stress, pressure and fear.

Discipline is also sacrifice, giving up one thing for the sake of another. Acheivement involves choices and choices mean sacrifice. That means giving up your favorite tv program and put your team first. Success is sweat. Success is failure turned inside out. There are no overnight successes.

BTW you dont have to be a good speller to get your point across LOL

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I never could spell at all, make tons of mistakes

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
True Confessions.

My brother was a swimmer for Michigan State during the Mark Spitz years. Butterflyer, school record holder, captain of his team... He never beat Mark Spitz over four years of head to head competition. The fine difference between my brother and Mark Spitz was in his head. At that level of competition it is all a head game.... He (or she) who believes he can win will win. The differences between athletes at the very top levels of competition is so minute that the factor separating the winner from the loser is all in their belief that they are better: better athletes, better trained, better shape, better coached; that they will win.

UConn players believe that. That's why they win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom