Director of Men's Basketball Strength and Conditioning Job Listing | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Director of Men's Basketball Strength and Conditioning Job Listing

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I mean we had a recruit "pushed over the edge" to commit specifically because of him. Hopefully we make a good replacement hire, but it's clear he was at least some small factor in our recent recruiting success (and certainly strategy). It's disappointing to not be able to build on that success.

Whaley was committing here no matter what. Check his offers.

We could have put Ronald McDonald in our weight room pointing at the weights during Whaley's visit and he would have been fine with that.

Reaction Score
NO<SMU<UConn<Den assistant

Weird career trajectory.

Indeed. There was something up here. Either that or he wants to come up with an edible based dietarty/workout regimen to cash in on the weed gold rush.

I'd try it :D

Reaction Score
Our first official game is just 3 weeks from today so the timing couldn't be worse. They should be ramping up to get in peak condition. Screw Carlos for bailing at such a bad time.

Reaction Score
It seems to me that typically, though a job has been posted, the position has already been filled and it's all just going through the motions at this point. I'd wager that Ollie, AD Dave, & Co. probably knew Daniels was leaving or up for another position much sooner than the Tweet about the Nuggets suggests, and a replacement is probably already waiting in the wings.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Exactly.

They likely already have a guy.

Plus, it’s not like they don’t have a strength and conditioning staff already working on staff.

Any anxiety over this is just stupid.

Reaction Score
It seems to me that typically, though a job has been posted, the position has already been filled and it's all just going through the motions at this point. I'd wager that Ollie, AD Dave, & Co. probably knew Daniels was leaving or up for another position much sooner than the Tweet about the Nuggets suggests, and a replacement is probably already waiting in the wings.
They definitely already have at least hand-picked candidates. Just semantics that the job has to be posted.

Reaction Score
Exactly.

They likely already have a guy.

Plus, it’s not like they don’t have a strength and conditioning staff already working on staff.

Any anxiety over this is just stupid.

I'm sure they'll get someone I'm just doubtful they'll be as good or have the resume of Carlos. Carlos was one of the bigger positives of the offseason. Just look at how our weak bigs got pushed around the last several years. We need someone top notch

Reaction Score
Nice. No worries. Definitely plugged in
Chief spin mode in full cycle....."I never said he wasnt gone, I just said don't worry. And still my track record is perfect". Priceless.

Reaction Score
Paging Chief...

Looking for insight on Carlos' replacement.

Thanks buddy! You're the best!

Reaction Score
Paging Patric Young...

I want Whaley and Carlton to look like this by Senior year:
E0JoSlu.jpg

Reaction Score
I'd almost guarantee they have the replacement already. The job posting was posted with an end date which seems to imply they've done the leg work/interviews already

Reaction Score
Is this really even a story, just go find another person who can teach how to lift weights & workout, can’t be that difficult.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Is this really even a story, just go find another person who can teach how to lift weights & workout, can’t be that difficult.

Exactly. A non-story as far as I'm concerned. The guy left for the NBA over UConn, utterly shocking.

If you think the issue was S&C rather than basketball talent/coaching the past few years, you are sorely mistaken.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Exactly. A non-story as far as I'm concerned. The guy left for the NBA over UConn, utterly shocking.

If you think the issue was S&C rather than basketball talent/coaching the past few years, you are sorely mistaken.
Think I'm going to disagree here. When you are decimated by injury, as we were last year, you have to take a hard look at you strength and conditioning program.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom