OT: - Dior Johnson commits to Oregon | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Dior Johnson commits to Oregon

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Fool?
-You're assuming Oregon's offer wasn't higher.
-You're also assuming the "pro league" will draw enough ticket buying fans, at sufficiently high ticket prices, to survive. Maybe you can share what you believe will draw fans from Albany or Altoona to see post grad high school kids play when they have lots of other options on which to spend their entertainment dollars (like seat licenses for UConn and other college teams).
-Have you ever watched a G league game and marveled at the size of the crowd?
-Will the NBA or major sponsors invest in such "pro leagues" when they already have the P6 and other schools falling all over themselves to recruit and develop (check out college facilities today) the best players?
-Not all players will want the "pro" lifestyle but most will want the best return ($)on their skills and ability and most will want the excitement of big crowds cheering for their great plays.
-Have you ever been to a Kentucky game and experienced the hysteria? That will translate to boosters paying big dollars to players (there and at other P5 schools with the big money media contracts) and will, I fear, sway a large percentage of kids to those schools.
-Therefore, unless the players have an affinity for a school, for one reason or another, NIL will lead to the best players going (for the most part) to the schools offering them the highest projected income.
Bro he got an offer from the NBL not the G-League. Maybe do a second of reading before you write an absolute novel.

Reaction Score
Why? I've yet to hear/read a good argument from anyone who has told me this and I'm curious to read your opinion.

My advice: if you're watching power programs, watch the older teams: the Kentuckys and Dukes of the worlds don't interest me.

If you don't want to watch power programs, watch the conferences that are just a level below: A-10, MVC, MWC, WCC: most of, if not all of their games are good watches.

Or, find a program that fits the style that you like to watch: there are over 350 teams, one of them has to be entertaining to a basketball fan. Like quick paced games? a few teams in the MAC fit that bill. Like more methodical, lower scoring games? check out Ivy or Patriot games. Like good shooting teams? The SoCon.
Honestly, im not sure but I think when we moved to the AAC i really couldnt care less about the other schools in the conference so i didnt really follow them as closely like i used to do in the old big east which would then lead to my interest spreading to other teams and conferences throughout the country so id end up watching lots of other games. Once we moved to the AAC i think the same thing happened but in reverse. I think it became such an issue that i have no doubt hat it even affected me watching Uconn. Although you could count on both hands im sure i missed more Uconn mens games in the last 5 years than i had the previous 25. Thats likely what happened and of course some other factors in my life but this i believe is the main reason.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom