Dinner w Huskies - your pick? | The Boneyard

Dinner w Huskies - your pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You get to have dinner with 4 Husky players, past or present. Whom do you pick?

I think I'd go with DT, Sue, Tamika, and Lobo.

I figure the players who know each other well would be the funniest, and I don't know a better trio than the first 3. And then I just like/admire Rebecca. Plus I think she could integrate well with the others.

Reaction Score
th

One is enough

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
DT, Lobo, Maya and Renee. Gotta have Renee; she knows how to bust on people and keep the jokes flowing!

Plus then the four of us would call Tiffany and say "hi" using Facetime :)

The dinner would be Italian, but with red velvet cake for dessert.

If Renee's busy, I would invite the LadyKG - she has always seemed like a very interesting and inquisitive person, open-minded about the world, and would likely be a great conversationalist--especially if the evening featured some good cigars after dinner. My guess is Lobo and Maya would pass, KG would have one for sure, and Renee would have one even if she doesn't like cigars just so KG wouldn't get all the attention :p

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Jamelle because she remains my all-time favorite Husky
Maria Conlon because I want to talk to her about how she felt hearing the doubters and how she stayed focused
DT because she seems like a blast
Nykesha Sales because she seems to have a great personality from what little I have seen revealed in interviews

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Diana, Sue, Swin, and Stefanie

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Geno, CD, DT, Sue

Hmmm.... I didn't think about including coaches
If the query was regarding players only I will stick to my original post however if we can include coaches I would say then Geno, CD, Diana, and Rebecca

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
You are right. ..I think Geno and CD should be mandated for all of these dinners :) I would add Sveta and Maya if I could add two more players.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
You are right. ..I think Geno and CD should be mandated for all of these dinners :) I would add Sveta and Maya if I could add two more players.

Naaaaa..I would like the option to have the coaches or to have not

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Geno, Jen Rizzotti, Sue Bird, Maya. If I could somehow sneak a 5th, it would be someone like Maria Conlon or Jacquie Fernandes

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
hmm - Jen R, DT, Maya, and Kelly - only if we had the dinner at Geno's house

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'd have to go with people who are funny, outgoing, sarcastic, witty, enjoy food and wine, so I'd probably go with Geno, Lobo and DT. It think Dolson would be hilarious, but she's pretty young for the group, so maybe CD the Elder. Or maybe Abrosimova....just because she's Abrosimova. Kara Walters or Tamika Williams would be good too.

hmmm, ok, Geno, Lobo and DT and then flip a coin, err rather pick out of a hat.

Oh yea, and Geno brings the wine. :cool:

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
we need a bigger table - 4 just isn't sufficient!

for me, DT and Stef gotta be there, and likely Rebecca and Jamelle. DT and Stef are entertaining goof-buckets, and Rebecca and Jamelle are both wry, worldly veterans who can bring a "back in the day" perspective with a sly wit. But, that leaves out too many worthy, fun folks, many of whom are mentioned in prior posts.

If you include coaches, well, Geno has to be there, if for no other reason to pick out and pay for the wine tab. CD perplexes me: on one hand, she knows more than anybody, yet she exhibits such consistent reserve and control. It all comes down to, will she drop her defenses a bit if she's had a glass or two of good wine, I guess.

And, to all the worthy folks already mentioned, please let me add Kerry Bascomb. Although slightly before I started watching, by all accounts, KB is a plain talkin', straight-shooter who not only will call a spade a spade, but might call it a freakin' shovel.

As I said, we need a bigger table!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hmmm.... I didn't think about including coaches
If the query was regarding players only I will stick to my original post however if we can include coaches I would say then Geno, CD, Diana, and Rebecca

Winner.

Reaction Score
Current and former? I'm having a rough time just between the current team!
But if I must, it'd be DT Stef Stewie and Maya.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
If you take out the coaches as possibility, I'd go with Birdie, Swin, Renee and likely DT, just because. Though I think Tina and KG would be good too. I know Stef is the life of the party, but imagine how awkward that would be. Is she old enough yet to have life stories? I imagine the dinner would go like an press interview -- uncomfortable for all. I am assuming these would be four individual dinners because if it was one dinner for five, you would have to factor Husky chemistry (maybe that is not the best word), e.g. pairing Sue and DT or Maya and Tina to keep the conversation going well.

When this question has run its course, I think it would be equally interesting to ask about dinner with four non Husky players...maybe just vols or just from any school.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
If you take out the coaches as possibility, I'd go with Birdie, Swin, Renee and likely DT, just because. Though I think Tina and KG would be good too. I know Stef is the life of the party, but imagine how awkward that would be. Is she old enough yet to have life stories? I imagine the dinner would go like an press interview -- uncomfortable for all. I am assuming these would be four individual dinners because if it was one dinner for five, you would have to factor Husky chemistry (maybe that is not the best word), e.g. pairing Sue and DT or Maya and Tina to keep the conversation going well.

When this question has run its course, I think it would be equally interesting to ask about dinner with four non Husky players...maybe just vols or just from any school.

Stef is definitely young, but I have absolutely no problem envisioning her keeping up with the likes of her predecessors. She has moxie, that one!

Reaction Score
Sue, Svet, Shea, and DT. I was tempted to choose Stef for the symmetry of 4 "S's" but couldn't leave out Diana.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I chose my four, Tina, Maya, Stewie, and Kelly because I think we might have a serious conversation. I'm really interested in Tina's social justice work, for example. I'm not so great with constant yucking it up, and I think with those four you might talk about some issues in depth and have fun too. At least with Tina, Maya, and Kelly. Stewie, not so much, but she's from my hometown, so I had to put her in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom