OT: - Dinner in BPT | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Dinner in BPT

Reaction Score
Testo's is the place for great Italian in Bridgeport. I recommend the Frutti de Mare. I get it Fra Diavlo. And get a table in the bar.

Reaction Score
Shandal's Vegetarian Cafe. Tiny spot specializing in Jamaican vegetarian food. The owner is the man.

Also, going to Two Roads is an option too. Easy on/off I-95 access.

Brewport is a good bet since it's good and close to the arena. However, it gets packed before Webster Bank events.

Reaction Score
Backwards. R&R is outrageously overpriced for what you get. Joseph's is miles better, though not as convienent to the arena.

Harlan Haus is really really good - give that a try. Almost as close and much less pricy.
Totally second Harlan Haus. Great brews and an absolutely super re imagining of an old bank building. Reasonable on the wallet.

Reaction Score
Hello CT Dining and Entertainment Council,

My wife and I are going to see Impractical Jokers at Webster Bank Arena Friday and need to get dinner beforehand. Recs for dinner in BPT?

DJ2.0

I saw them at MSG. I hate to say it, but their live show stinks. I find the television show to be mostly hilarious, but the only one who is comfortable live is Sal.

Reaction Score

My wife and I are going to see Impractical Jokers at Webster Bank Arena Friday and need to get dinner beforehand. Recs for dinner in BPT?

DJ2.0
Well usually when im in Bpt im not there because id rather be anywhere else.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I saw them at MSG. I hate to say it, but their live show stinks. I find the television show to be mostly hilarious, but the only one who is comfortable live is Sal.
I get the sense they are a bit cringeworthy in a forced comedy setting.

The show is hilarious though.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
What is the live show? Is it like improv? Do they just kinda show clips from the show and joke about it? Tickets were Christmas gifts from my wife.

Reaction Score
If you are okay with vegetarian (in a feminist bookstore), Bloodroot in Bridgeport actually has excellent food imo.

Went here years ago & the food was good. You kind of serve yourself - except for beer or wine. I don't see this place working for fans of that show though - no offense

Reaction Score
When I lived in Bpt. in the 1980's there was a great Italian Restaurant downtown or just on the edge. Area looked a bit dilapidated but the place was a popular, old style Italian restaurant with an Italian band...the works. Right out of the Sopranos. Knowing Bpt. there probably were some notorious figures there. Not a Pizza joint. Anyone know the name or remember? Is it still there? Last time I was there was 1987.

Reaction Score

DJ2.0
Where did you go? How was it?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
When I lived in Bpt. in the 1980's there was a great Italian Restaurant downtown or just on the edge. Area looked a bit dilapidated but the place was a popular, old style Italian restaurant with an Italian band...the works. Right out of the Sopranos. Knowing Bpt. there probably were some notorious figures there. Not a Pizza joint. Anyone know the name or remember? Is it still there? Last time I was there was 1987.
venetian garden.. nearby was ocean sea grill. ah, r.i.p. old family friends....

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
How did you like the show?
It was better than I thought. Each guy pretty much had a monologue. A few new clips. Traffic getting into the arena and out of the garage after was the worst I’ve ever experienced though.

Reaction Score
The parking garage should have been placed where the gravel lots are right now.

Typical Connecticut urban developmental mismanagement.

Reaction Score
So this is why traffic downtown was backed up to a ridiculous level tonight

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The parking garage should have been placed where the gravel lots are right now.

Typical Connecticut urban developmental mismanagement.
So this is why traffic downtown was backed up to a ridiculous level tonight
The traffic flow around there was horribly planned.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom