OT: - Dinner in BPT | The Boneyard

OT: Dinner in BPT

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Hello CT Dining and Entertainment Council,

My wife and I are going to see Impractical Jokers at Webster Bank Arena Friday and need to get dinner beforehand. Recs for dinner in BPT?

DJ2.0

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
what kind of food do you prefer?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It used to be a no-brainer to recommend Ralph & Rich's, but I've been disappointed the past two times I've been there.

I hear good things about the pizza at Brewport.

Personally, I'd probably go to Bodega, Chelsea or Quattro Pazzi in Fairfield and then head into Bridgeport for the show.

August_West

Reaction Score
Whatever’s on the radio!

These are all in Black Rock........

For Burgers and interesting sandwiches and wraps, (and sausages!) I really like: Hub and Spoke.
Taj has some real good Indian
laylas makes good Falaffel and GREAT Schwarma

Near the Arena.............
If you want to upscale it: Josephs
El Peublito some pretty great Colombian

August_West

Reaction Score
Ralph & Rich's,

Theyve nosedived.

Used to go there fairly frequently (Im in Bridgeport ALOT) I wont step foot in there any longer.

Reaction Score
It used to be a no-brainer to recommend Ralph & Rich's, but I've been disappointed the past two times I've been there.

I hear good things about the pizza at Brewport.

Personally, I'd probably go to Bodega, Chelsea or Quattro Pazzi in Fairfield and then head into Bridgeport for the show.

I second everything about this post but I will mention that I enjoy Bonda more than The Chelsea or Quattro Pazzi. It is not too far from Post Rd or 95.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I second everything about this post but I will mention that I enjoy Bonda more than The Chelsea or Quattro Pazzi. It is not too far from Post Rd or 95.
Thanks, will have to check it out.

Only been to The Chelsea and Quattro Pazzi once or twice each; been to Bodega at least a dozen times and always love it--except for the tiny size of the place.

Reaction Score
These are all in Black Rock...

For Burgers and interesting sandwiches and wraps, (and sausages!) I really like: Hub and Spoke.
Taj has some real good Indian
laylas makes good Falaffel and GREAT Schwarma

Near the Arena...
If you want to upscale it: Josephs
El Peublito some pretty great Colombian

It is so strange for me to see Hub and Spoke listed because the previous occupant of the building was The Field, which was the pre-eminent place to get drunk underage.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Theyve nosedived.

Used to go there fairly frequently (Im in Bridgeport ALOT) I wont step foot in there any longer.
So strange. I mean, I get that nothing gold can stay, but that place thrived for decades and at least three different moves that I recall. Don't know how they screwed that up, but they did.

Reaction Score
Thanks, will have to check it out.

Only been to The Chelsea and Quattro Pazzi once or twice each; been to Bodega at least a dozen times and always love it--except for the tiny size of the place.

I do love Bodega as well. Quattro Pazzi puts out very good food, and I am snob for saying this but I find it odd that a place known for having such good pasta makes very little of it fresh. I have had very good fried chicken and a burger at The Chelsea.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If you are okay with vegetarian (in a feminist bookstore), Bloodroot in Bridgeport actually has excellent food imo.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Ralph & Rich's has never disappointed and close to the arena. Never been, but if you are in the mood for pizza Brewport is gaining quite a following and also close to the arena. Joseph's steakhouse is close, is good, but very overpriced IMO.

Backwards. R&R is outrageously overpriced for what you get. Joseph's is miles better, though not as convienent to the arena.

Harlan Haus is really really good - give that a try. Almost as close and much less pricy.

Reaction Score
If you want fast food, Mainport on North Ave and if you want Indian, maybe Tasty Halal on State St, as lame as that name is. Not the best looking place, unfortunately.

Reaction Score
There's also a solid Puerto Rican spot right before the Park Ave and State St intersection, on the right hand side, right before what used to be a Congregational church.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Gotta disagree re Ralph & Rich's - still top of the line Italian for Bridgeport, but I mostly do lunch there. Haven't seen a downturn in quality and the lunch prices are great.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Gotta disagree re Ralph & Rich's - still top of the line Italian for Bridgeport, but I mostly do lunch there. Haven't seen a downturn in quality and the lunch prices are great.
I mostly do lunch there, too. But not anymore.

August_West

Reaction Score
I mostly do lunch there, too. But not anymore.

Ive never been there for lunch.
Just a bunch of pre gig dinners. My last time was a very bad experience and made worse by a combative staff.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If timing is an issue, Chef's Table in Fairfield is always a quick, reliable, casual, inexpensive and relatively healthy option that has something for everyone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom