DiMauro: “The ‘new’ Big East: Is that all there is?“ | The Boneyard

DiMauro: “The ‘new’ Big East: Is that all there is?“

Reaction Score
It’s getting a little chummy around here, so here are some thoughts from an angry BC fan.

Hurley's carefully cultivated national media posse likes to call him "The Carpenter." As in: builder of programs. No denying he rebuilt Wagner and Rhode Island. He reminded us ad nauseum all season about how the UConn program was in "shambles" when he took over. By the end, a more cynical fellow might not have distinguished UConn from Prairie View A&M.

The honeymoon's over. It's time for The Carpenter to use his hammer, tape measure, chisel and reciprocating saw to find some shooters and continue building the one program on campus that most benefits from a change in leagues.

Moreover, The Carpenter isn't going to get away with the whole "by golly, look how far we've come" narrative next year. That may play among his posse. But I hope the Connecticut folks are more discerning.

Reaction Score
I love people who are fake mad and then act like they are saying something profound for the good of the people. Basketball coaches have to win at UConn?! You don’t say. Wow.

“Carefully cultivated national media posse.” Dude, what? Cut and paste master tweeter Rothstein annoys everyone.

Reaction Score
I love people who are fake mad and then act like they are saying something profound for the good of the people. Basketball coaches have to win at UConn?! You don’t say. Wow.

“Carefully cultivated national media posse.” Dude, what? Cut and paste master tweeter Rothstein annoys everyone.
it's just sour grapes because national reporters get the scoop before CT media.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
The move to the ZBE was UConn moving backwards not forwards.

Clearly the West Coast Conference and American had better years.
Sarcasm isn't obvious on the internet...

Reaction Score
And I should add that I have a tremendous amount of respect for a lot of journalists. I think their jobs can be tough, and the best ones do really important work. There is so much good writing about sports out there.
the sad thing is that the best sports reporter in the whole state covers.... high school football.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I think DiMauro's a duck___ loser, but it's not like people haven't posted on here that Hurley's on the hot seat next year without a tournament run.

They are stupid as well. Hot Seat who do people think we are Indiana with unlimited money....

Reaction Score
Happy Birthday Reaction GIF

Reaction Score
I think DiMauro's a duck___ loser, but it's not like people haven't posted on here that Hurley's on the hot seat next year without a tournament run.
Lmao went from praising Hurley as our savior when we got ranked to him being on the hot seat a few months later. This program doesn’t have the luxury of getting who we want if things don’t change in a snap of a finger. Hurley is here as long as he’s making tournaments.

Reaction Score
Guys like DiMauro and Jacobs are dinosaurs. DiMauro started in on this business when the stories came to you, and now they don't. You cover a national program and you have dick circulation. If you want scoops, you have to hustle. Writing hatchet pieces like this because you're not getting the insider info you want is bush league hack trash.

Reaction Score
It’s kinda true. Getting bounced in the first round by Maryland. Isn’t going to be enough going forward. Time to start winning.

Reaction Score
Record after 3 seasons 50-37 for DH. Jim Calhoun after 3 seasons 47-46. Now of course this isnt a an apples to apples comparison but people need to chill. It took DH 5 years to really get it going at RI and right now hes ahead of that already. I fully expect 25+ wins next season and a top 3 seed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom