Dillon Jones, SF from South Carolina | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dillon Jones, SF from South Carolina

Reaction Score
Thanks. Just changing planes on the way to Monterey for car week.

Speaking of which, everybody that has any interest in cars should do it at least once as there's something for everybody and a lot of it is low cost...except for the hotel rooms. The Pebble Beach Concours itself demands stupid money for the ticket but the Carmel Concours on the Avenue, the "Little Car Show", The Exotics show and the Concours d'Lemons are all free and most of the auctions have reasonable fees.

Did you see Wayne Carini from Portland CT there? "Chasing Classic Cars" guy.

Reaction Score
Did you see Wayne Carini from Portland CT there? "Chasing Classic Cars" guy.

Not yet, but he's usually all over the place at all the major auction sites: Scottsdale in January, Amelia Island in March and Monterey in August. He's not the originator of the show so while he makes some money for his appearances he makes his real money from the cars people call him about. Someone dies, leaves a car(s) that the kids don't want so they call him and he brokers or buys and sells.

The auctions are fun because of the cars (saw one of the 36 Ferrari GTO's sell for $39.6 M at Bonhams in Monterey a couple years ago) but also because of the interesting people you see: Two years ago Caitlin Jenner was wandering around at Amelia Island in heels and a dress and before I recognized who it was I was wondering why this woman had such large hands and feet. (S)he was there selling a car to benefit a transgender group.

Last year at the same auction Michael Strahan sat in the row in front of us at one of the auctions and I said "Giants" and smiled when he came in. Later I asked if I could get a photo of him with my wife and he said "it's not a good idea because lots of others that will want one" and we said no problem. He then went behind our row and knelt behind us with his arms around us and said "take a selfie". Didn't have to do that and I believe it shows what a nice guy he really is.

Last year at Monterey it was Ian Poulter looking at a car for a friend. Also a very nice guy. This year, no one yet but who knows as there's three big days to go.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
My buddy is a 6'10 300+ lb. black guy. Every time I've been out with him he gets asked how tall he is and if he plays ball. Had a guy at a bar tell me I should be his agent and then the guy got on top of a chair to see if he could be as tall as him.
Where did he play though?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom