Did you ever meet a celebrity that acted like a jerk? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Did you ever meet a celebrity that acted like a jerk?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Like Greg "The Hammer" Valentine before him. Surly was them being themselves. Make for a great heel.

he was a face for a lot of his run in wcw though. Minus his run with the horsemen.

he was Bret Hart esque in the ring, but just zero mic skills or personality.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
I met Chuck D in an elevator during the height of his career. I had on bootleg Public Enemy merchandise. He wasn’t happy about that. It irritated the hell out of him but he was cool about it.

Reaction Score
Giants fan but to one one's surprise I'm sure .... J. Shockey and possee at bar in Miami airport. Loud, drunk and loud and drunk.
Actually met Shockey waiting for the path train in Hoboken. Was solo and seemed nice enough when people approached him. But it was early so he prob hadn’t started happy hour yet.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
One of the nicest famous person I have met was Brooks Robinson in the late 60's-early 70's. He was in Ansonia to be the main speaker at a sports night. He was in Vonetes to have a quick snack before the event. Sat down with him and talked sports for a good 1/2 hour

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Got my picture with Shawn Bradley during my second tour in Iraq (he was there on a USO tour). My first thought was why was he standing on a stool? Took like two full minutes before I realized that geez, he really is that tall. Was a cool dude. He loved checking out our Bradley’s.

Reaction Score
Just the opposite, Dwight Evans, Roy Orbison and Arnold Palmer all positive. Got to walk 9 holes with Arnold ... very interesting and friendly. Yaz not so much.

Reaction Score
Every celebrity I've come across has been truly gracious. If there was any jerk in the interactions, it would be me!

Reaction Score
Ran into a drunk Jose Canseco in a Seattle bar in 1999. He was blasted and starting fights. His boys pulled him out

Reaction Score
I saw Aaron Hernandez on a few occasions — his vibe was an incredible level of complete suckhole. Just gave off the absolute worst energy of anyone I’ve ever been around.

A good friend of mine married a UF girl who was there when he was - I told her the above and she said she felt the exact same thing when she saw him.

RIP in peace

Reaction Score
I’ll second this. I sat next to him at a dinner and he could not have been a better dude.
I've always missed him when he comes to my buddy's bar but he says Vedder is awesome. He just shows up and hangs out and will put on little impromptu jam sessions outside of Wrigley.

How is Sandler? He seems like he would also be a great dude.

Reaction Score
Jason Robards. I gave him a school tour in 8th grade.

I graduated with one of King Hussein of Jordan sons. He married a cute CNN reporter and ran for President of FIFA and lost. Great guy.

Myself and a few others got to eat lunch with Lance Armstrong in Iraq once. He was very nice but you could tell he was super arrogant.

My brother is golf buddies with Ivan Lendl at Torrington CC. He’s known him since he was in High School. They play for money all the time.
My brother's close friend married Jason Robard's son. The son seems like a good dude when I've met him, I don't think Jason Robard's was around much when he was growing up.

Reaction Score
How is Sandler? He seems like he would also be a great dude.

Pretty normal. My wife’s from the Midwest and he texts her about her hometown NFL team on sundays. I remember him showing up to a snooty school function in basketball shorts, a t shirt and a trench coat. Really into his kids and his family, my older one used to spend a ton of time over there. His wife’s cool too.

Reaction Score
I’ve never really had bad experiences with celebrities and I’ve met a lot of them. Roy Williams in particular is very nice as well as Steve Nash.

Reaction Score
Too many. I used to work at the Ellen Degeneres Show years back and some of the guests on the show were rude. Have also lived in LA for 15 years and met others in passing... some are way nicer than you'd ever expect and others were awful. Two in particular I remember being pretty awful were Elton John and Dwight Howard.
I met Dwight and he was pretty nice to say the least.

Reaction Score
I coached Bill Murray`s son Luke and Homer in HS BB JV, Bill was a pleasure. Lives up to the legend. After a game at a NY military academy he signed autographs and took pics with hundreds of his. The buzz was incredible.
My family were extras on the movie Hanky Panky. Filmed outside Penn Station, spent the day with Gene Wilder who was the nicest man. My parents were more impressed with the Director who walked us through our Mark's. He was nice but all biz. Me as an 11 year old didn't know who Sidney Poitier was.
Paul O'Neil from Trans Siberian Orchestra tipped me 100 and gave me a crew tour jacket when I delivered his beautiful wife flowers. That was a good day.
Talked football with Lou Holtz waiting for a flight after a Colorado game in Denver. He was cool. As was Jerry Tarkanian killing time at a AAU tourney in Vegas. He gave a 22 year old advice about coaching and what makes a great point guard. He was scouting Brian Morrison who went to NC.
Calvin Murphy is a great dude.

Reaction Score
Billy Joel. Witnessed him in 1988 when he was a really bad and nasty drunk (despite being married to C Brinkley). It was shocking b/c seemed like he had everything going for him in life at that point. But clearly a few years later proved there was much going on behind the public persona.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
Played in a foursome that included Johnnie Bench in a charity golf outing. While he was a great golfer he was a miserable human being, at least that day. Used to play pickup BB with/against Anthony Munoz, nicest guy you'd ever want to meet and does a tremendous amount for the community. Chris Collinsworth is a major canoe too (he could dish it out, but cried like a little B when you gave it back, and I did, frequently) while Paul O'Neill was a really nice guy, especially for a Yankee.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Was in an elevator in the Borgata years ago. There’s a monitor in there playing A Few Good Men. The elevator stops and who gets on? Kevin Pollack. Drunk as a skunk. Glances at the monitor and drops an F bomb. It was hysterical.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Was in an elevator in the Borgata years ago. There’s a monitor in there playing A Few Good Men. The elevator stops and who gets on? Kevin Pollack. Drunk as a skunk. Glances at the monitor and drops an F bomb. It was hysterica.
He is freaking hysterical.

Love the bit on 'You... Lt. Weinberg?'

"You've done nothing to upset the man other than wonder across the desert for 40 days."

Reaction Score
2+ decades ago Michael Stipe was such a complete jackwagon to the wife that she still refuses to listen to REM to this day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom