Did you ever meet a celebrity that acted like a jerk? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Did you ever meet a celebrity that acted like a jerk?

Reaction Score
Drew Drechsel from American Ninja Warrior was my neighbor for a few years until he recently moved to Florida, he was a jerk. He installed a light outside his condo that would go off anytime someone got close I think it was a camera too.

Seeing he was just arrested as a sexual predator, I’m guessing he was only nice to underage girls.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I used to work at ESPN. Ran into celebrities and athletes quite often and most interactions were formal but pleasant. The only one I remember bring a complete d-nozzle on a couple occasions was Mike Greenberg. On the flip side Rob Dibble was cool as hell.

Rob Dibble coached against my little league team (AA level) in the championship game. My coach went to put me in to pitch and Rob went on a roid-rage tirade claiming I pitched in the semi-final game (which would make me ineligible to pitch because of little league rules). This was false, I was the best pitcher on my team and he just didn't want me to pitch. He intimidated the kid ump into not allowing me to pitch. We lost the game.

After the game my grandpa went over to him to have a word. Rob picked up a bat halfway through the heated exchange (what a tough man!) so my grandpa did the same.

Rob is an ---hole.

Reaction Score
I met Eddie Vedder and he was a total gentleman. Cool as hell.

Buddies were at a weekend show up north and Vedder was mountain biking through the campground. They talked to him for like 30 mins and they said he was genuine and chill. This was well after their popular peak.

I can attest that Daubach is super cool and Tim Wakefield is a total dhk.

My wife’s friend accidentally bumped into Jack Nicholson on the sidewalk out in Boston one night. I believe he was here filming The Departed. He grabbed her by the face and shoved her to the sidewalk.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
My wife’s friend accidentally bumped into Jack Nicholson on the sidewalk out in Boston one night. I believe he was here filming The Departed. He grabbed her by the face and shoved her to the sidewalk.
I know nothing about your wife’s friend, but in an odd way this makes me like Nicholson even more.

Reaction Score
I know nothing about your wife’s friend, but in an odd way this makes me like Nicholson even more.

Funny thing is - she had been drinking and when she popped up off of the sidewalk and asked what happened, my wife had to explain to her that Jack Nicholson just shoved her to the ground. She had no idea!

Reaction Score
I own a flooring company and we were installing the floor at The Sportcenter studio at ESPN. This is March of '92 or '93. I meet Digger Phelps in hallway ( i am wearing a UConn hat). Tell him how I rooted for ND when I was young.
I ask him what he thinks of UConn program. He goes on to tell me that UConn will not do anything in NCAA tourney and that we at best will be a good Big East team but never a Big time national program. Then he walks off.
What a dope and obviously 100% wrong.
now I understand why ND got rid of Digger. Good looking well spoken guy but unfortunately he is a dope.

Reaction Score
I have met a bunch of celebrity's and most were very nice. I was staying in a fancy hotel in NYC and there was a crowd around one of the people at the bar. I asked the bartender who the guy was and he said he didn't know football but he was a famous player for Cowboys. By accident the guy backs up into my friend and knocks my friend backward by accident. I figured out who is was Michael Irvin. He apologized to my friend and bought us appetizers and drinks. Really a class act in my encounter.

Reaction Score
Too many. I used to work at the Ellen Degeneres Show years back and some of the guests on the show were rude. Have also lived in LA for 15 years and met others in passing... some are way nicer than you'd ever expect and others were awful. Two in particular I remember being pretty awful were Elton John and Dwight Howard.

Reaction Score
Was lucky to live in Maui a few years and met a few over the time I was there. I lived near Owen Wilson who is a staple there pretty much along with Willie Nelson. Both were just as you’d imagine, although Owen would pop out if some fan girls were around. The best was meeting Adam Sandler while he was filming “Just go with it”. He pretty much was out most nights at bars and regularly played pick up basketball games during the day with random people.

Reaction Score
I won’t tell the entire story but I nearly swung at the presidents youngest son and his friends at a sorority party in Syracuse. His friends came over to tell me he’s taking my girlfriend home tonight. In retrospect I probably should have let him when she decided to go to that school. Either way it turned out they were scared to fight me 3 on 1. He’s exactly what you would expect.

Side note: Kevin Bacon is a really nice guy. Colin Cowherd, surprising nice. Scott van pelt is probably the nicest celebrity I’ve met in person. Matthew Berry kind of a d bag.

You wanted to fight Baron and his friends? He is 14.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
James Harrison is a world class jerk. I helped work security at a bar a few times a decade ago when he was in his prime and he was the absolute definition of a bully.

Andrew McCutchen can be surprisingly surly as well, despite his public perception. The Pirates hold surprise Q&A sessions for Season ticket holders at their winter event for small groups and, to everyone’s shock, Cutch walked into ours. He couldn’t have been more disinterested, even to kids and seemingly softball questions. After 20 min of mostly one word/short answers, he blew past a line of 5-6 kids who were part of the session waiting for an autograph into the backstage area. I asked a friend of mine who worked for the team if that was common because he comes off so well in public and she confirmed that he was less than cooperative to work with to the staff and that behavior was pretty standard.

Reaction Score
Too many. I used to work at the Ellen Degeneres Show years back and some of the guests on the show were rude. Have also lived in LA for 15 years and met others in passing... some are way nicer than you'd ever expect and others were awful. Two in particular I remember being pretty awful were Elton John and Dwight Howard.
It sure sounds like Ellen is a monster.

Reaction Score
Jason Robards. I gave him a school tour in 8th grade.

I graduated with one of King Hussein of Jordan sons. He married a cute CNN reporter and ran for President of FIFA and lost. Great guy.

Myself and a few others got to eat lunch with Lance Armstrong in Iraq once. He was very nice but you could tell he was super arrogant.

My brother is golf buddies with Ivan Lendl at Torrington CC. He’s known him since he was in High School. They play for money all the time.

Reaction Score
Jason Robards. I gave him a school tour in 8th grade.

I graduated with one of King Hussein of Jordan sons. He married a cute CNN reporter and ran for President of FIFA and lost. Great guy.

Myself and a few others got to eat lunch with Lance Armstrong in Iraq once. He was very nice but you could tell he was super arrogant.

My brother is golf buddies with Ivan Lendl at Torrington CC. He’s known him since he was in High School. They play for money all the time.
This son, was named Ali, and the CNN reporter was named Rym Brahimi , and she was an Algerian journalist who quit her job to marry Ali.

Ali's father , King Hussein, in 1978 married a cute American reporter named Lisa Halaby who later became Queen Noor al-Hussein.

Another one of King Hussein's son is now the head of Jordan, King Abdullah II, and he married Rania, also a cute woman.

Being born into royalty has its privileges besides financial, I guess.

Reaction Score
This son, was named Ali, and the CNN reporter was named Rym Brahimi , and she was an Algerian journalist who quit her job to marry Ali.

Ali's father , King Hussein, in 1978 married a cute American reporter named Lisa Halaby who later became Queen Noor al-Hussein.

Another one of King Hussein's son is now the head of Jordan, King Abdullah II, and he married Rania, also a cute woman.

Being born into royalty has its privileges besides financial, I guess.

We called him Maz. He is a really good dude.

Reaction Score
Met many professional wrestlers. My wife's friend was a promoter. Dean Malenko was quite surly. When my son asked for an autograph, he snapped...NO. Minka and adult actress. was approachable. Big Show was nice. Ric Flair and Bobby Heenan missed no fan who wanted to talk or get a picture.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Met many professional wrestlers. My wife's friend was a promoter. Dean Malenko was quite surly. When my son asked for an autograph, he snapped...NO. Minka and adult actress. was approachable. Big Show was nice. Ric Flair and Bobby Heenan missed no fan who wanted to talk or get a picture.

I loved malenko. Criminally underrated, but yeah he just looks like a guy who is always surly

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
In his defense your friend's wife is kind of a jerk.

We went to Al Lewis's (Grandpa from the Munsters) restaurant down in the village one time and he spent the whole time we were waiting for a table hitting on my mother-in-law, right in front of my father-in-law. He was kind of a WWII bad ass so I was curious about how long he'd tolerate it. As we were heading to the table I said "did that bother you at all?" His response was "not if it gets us a table quicker." He was a pragmatic man.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom