Did You Catch Graham's Pre-game Tweet? | The Boneyard

Did You Catch Graham's Pre-game Tweet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
grahamhays
Getting ready for UConn exhibition opener vs Assumption College. I'm guessing Foregone Conclusion U. had a scheduling conflict?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
grahamhays
Getting ready for UConn exhibition opener vs Assumption College. I'm guessing Foregone Conclusion U. had a scheduling conflict?
LOL. I thought Foregone Conclusion was wearing the home jersies last night.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Is playing a ridiculously overmatched team in the exhibition games a recent trend for UConn? I'm confused.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
ThaNk the NCAA rules that changed the exhibitions.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Is playing a ridiculously overmatched team in the exhibition games a recent trend for UConn? I'm confused.
it's been that way for a while now. aside from the US National team that played UCONN and several others in the past, i can't recall the last time UCONN (men or women) played a competitive exhibition game...

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
it's been that way for a while now. aside from the US National team that played UCONN and several others in the past, i can't recall the last time UCONN (men or women) played a competitive exhibition game...
That's because NCAA rules prohibit playing Div I schools in exhibitions, so teams have to play Div II programss or one of those cobbled together exhibition teams like the Jaguars. A couple years ago, UConn played the defending Div II national champion, So. CT State University, and rolled over them. Unless the Canadian National Team, or another national team, is available I'm not sure we'll ever see a competitive exhibition game.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I think Div I teams can play each other in preseason but it can only be a private scrimmage, i.e., closed to the public.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I think Div I teams can play each other in preseason but it can only be a private scrimmage, i.e., closed to the public.
This is correct. It cannot have gate receipts.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Well, then it wouldn't be an exhibition, would it? :)

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
That's because NCAA rules prohibit playing Div I schools in exhibitions, so teams have to play Div II programss or one of those cobbled together exhibition teams like the Jaguars. A couple years ago, UConn played the defending Div II national champion, So. CT State University, and rolled over them. Unless the Canadian National Team, or another national team, is available I'm not sure we'll ever see a competitive exhibition game.

All true, from the opponent to the issue of a competitive exhibition game.

I thought it was a funny comment and a cute take on the opponent's name (the name of the college).

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
IIRC, a couple of DII teams stunned some DI teams last year....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom