Did The Team Get Their Vaccine shots? | The Boneyard

Did The Team Get Their Vaccine shots?

Reaction Score
If they were completely immune by mid Feb doesn’t that change things? Assuming all other teams were the same. Wouldn’t that stop cancellations and shutdowns? Coaches and staff would need theirs also.

Reaction Score
If they were completely immune by mid Feb doesn’t that change things? Assuming all other teams were the same. Wouldn’t that stop cancellations and shutdowns? Coaches and staff would need theirs also.
I’m not sure if you read the news but college age kids are the lowest on the priority scale for vaccines and probably won’t get shots until later this summer.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure if you read the news but college age kids are the lowest on the priority scale for vaccines and probably won’t get shots until later this summer.
Is that the prioritization schedule in CT? In MA my college aged kids are getting it before me.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Summer and fall? I thought everyone was scheduled to be vaccinated by June?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Is that the prioritization schedule in CT? In MA my college aged kids are getting it before me.
Really? That’s interesting. I wonder if it’s a recognition that college age kids become a transmission risk based upon their traveling to and from school and placing a higher priority on socializing than social distancing.

Reaction Score
Really? That’s interesting. I wonder if it’s a recognition that college age kids become a transmission risk based upon their traveling to and from school and placing a higher priority on socializing than social distancing.
He is wrong. College kids fall under the general public, which is last. Unless his kids are prison, then yes, they are top priority in Mass.

Reaction Score
In lieu of no recent events whatsoever, our team should receive the 1st dosage of the vaccine and pause all games for the 4 weeks it takes until the 2nd dosage.

Reaction Score
Summer and fall? I thought everyone was scheduled to be vaccinated by June?

That's probably about right. Over a million people a day are currently getting vaccinated. It should rise to over two million a day eventually. And since folks under 18 years of age are not in the vaccine pool that means we need to vaccinate about 220 million folks. We already have vaccinated 12 million and 14 million more are immune because they have recovered from the virus. The math is with your prediction of June.

Reaction Score
In lieu of no recent events whatsoever, our team should receive the 1st dosage of the vaccine and pause all games for the 4 weeks it takes until the 2nd dosage.
Or until Bouknight is back. Whichever comes first. ?

Reaction Score
Exactly, and people are not going to be jumping ahead for the vaccine just because of their occupation anymore once the first responders are all taken care of. For example Lebron James will be vaccinated at the same time another 36 year old high school gym teacher can get it. Professional athletes don’t get special treatment just because they are famous. At least that’s how I think it’s supposed to work

Reaction Score
It’s unethical. I work for a well-known sports organization and trust me we are not asking to push athletes to head of the line.

Reaction Score
Anyone interested in vaccine progress can check this page which updates evrey day.

Reaction Score
There's an argument to be made that distribution to college campuses should come early in the general public phase. Many schools have their own infrastructure to administer vaccines, so it'd be a good chunk of the population the state would not have to worry about administering the "last mile delivery." Instead, they can allocate and deliver the doses then be done and devote that last mile delivery capacity elsewhere.

For instance, up here in Boston both BU and Northeastern have infrastructure in place already to vaccinate the entire campus. That'd be ~100K people the state wouldn't have to worry about. Of course, those doses shouldn't be delivered until the general population has access. But at that point, in the interest of doing the most good to the public, a quick and seamless administration of hundreds of thousands of doses maximizes the public good.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
My kids told me that. I didn't even look it up. It's always a bad idea to listen to what your kids say. ? We are all in the general public. Hoping by June. ?
Getting my shot Tues. in CT lost my hoops eligibility 55 years ago. I don’t even know if the vaccine for the follow up dose will be in supply.

Reaction Score
Where do you teach? On Wednesday, we were able to start scheduling our first dose.

We're supposedly getting ours early February. We don't have a schedule yet but our superintendent did send out an email asking who doesn't want the vaccine. So hopefully we're getting close.

Reaction Score
That's probably about right. Over a million people a day are currently getting vaccinated. It should rise to over two million a day eventually. And since folks under 18 years of age are not in the vaccine pool that means we need to vaccinate about 220 million folks. We already have vaccinated 12 million and 14 million more are immune because they have recovered from the virus. The math is with your prediction of June.
I was able to schedule my vaccination for this week as I am a part of group 1b. However my school district sent a notice that group 1b has 1.3 million people and the state is currently vaccinating about 46,000 people a week, so it could take 7 months to work through just this group. I have not fully verified this info but it was sent out to all staff

Reaction Score
Problem right now is getting vaccine, not distributing from what I’ve been told. But I agree that you could make a reasonable case that college students should be higher. It is a balancing act They tend not to get as sick but many places saw big spikes in the community when students arrived back on campus. My daughter teaches at UNC and said Raleigh, Durham and Chspel Hill all saw jumps when students returned last fall.

Reaction Score
There's an argument to be made that distribution to college campuses should come early in the general public phase. Many schools have their own infrastructure to administer vaccines, so it'd be a good chunk of the population the state would not have to worry about administering the "last mile delivery." Instead, they can allocate and deliver the doses then be done and devote that last mile delivery capacity elsewhere.

For instance, up here in Boston both BU and Northeastern have infrastructure in place already to vaccinate the entire campus. That'd be ~100K people the state wouldn't have to worry about. Of course, those doses shouldn't be delivered until the general population has access. But at that point, in the interest of doing the most good to the public, a quick and seamless administration of hundreds of thousands of doses maximizes the public good.
My son goes to a small liberal arts school and they have been trying to secure the vaccine so they can give it to their students. They had a bubble in the fall semester and are trying to do the same in the spring. Students can't go off campus and no visitors allowed. They're not trying to "jump the line" but rather they don't want their students going off campus and most kids live far away so they figure this is the easiest way to get everyone vaccinated in a timely fashion and most safely. Makes a lot of sense.

Reaction Score
I signed my 86 year old mother up in Connecticut. Up here in NY my county exec just caused an uproar when he reported that all vaccinations scheduled for next week are canceled as the appointment openings were based on expectations of 21,000 vaccine doses, and they only received 7,000. They are now reassessing to see whether there is any clarity about the actual # in reserve so they can make sure those who already received will get their 2nds. Holding pattern. Cancellations. No clarity.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom