CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Sad 90 Day Fiance GIF by TLC

Love Ya Sue!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
My guess is she will want one more crack with Stewie to set the record for most WNBA championships at 5.
Maybe but I’m getting a different vibe. Could depend on what the Storm team links like next season. Jewell is an unrestricted free agent as is Stevie. I expect Stevie to stay but not sure about Jewell.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If today was Sue’s swan song, she can be incredibly proud of all she gave to the game of basketball, and all of the success she achieved in the process.

Don’t know what lies ahead for Sue. If she tries her hand at coaching, it’s hard to imagine she wouldn’t be equally successful.

Reaction Score
Like Stewie, Sue froze her eggs too, right? I’m thinking that’s her next journey. With baby girl Taylor-Taurasi on the way, and Ruby a few months old, the 2039 signing class may be the best yet.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If today was Sue’s swan song, she can be incredibly proud of all she gave to the game of basketball, and all of the success she achieved in the process.

Don’t know what lies ahead for Sue. If she tries her hand at coaching, it’s hard to imagine she wouldn’t be equally successful.
She'd also be a great analyst, she knows the game and how it should be played.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I hope she comes back 1 more year, she definitely has the skills and physical ability to play another year or 2. She hasn't slown down productivity wise. Plus Storm could compete for a title with Loyd/Stewart back.

Reaction Score
IMHO I think Sue Bird steps aside and goes out with her body as healthy as it's ever been.
At 41+ there's no sense to push it where a serious injury could be in the cards.
She accomplished all that any player could hope to accomplish in a career!
A future Hall of Famer, in both the Women's BB Hall of Fame and in Springfield, MA!
One of the top 5 WBB players of all-time!

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
At age 43 I hiked 80 miles on the Appalachian Trail in one day which broke a 20 year old record. Unfortunately, it was then broken by Dave Horton a few months later. Bad timing, but it shows that forty-somethings are not yet decrepit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom