Did She Get On The Boat I Wonder | The Boneyard

Did She Get On The Boat I Wonder

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Home visit....NICE.

DnQ4YcQUwAECE9J.jpg:large

Muffet Bench report. Sorry if it is really old news. Haley Jones.

BTW the new Hall of Famer looks great!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Home visit....NICE.

DnQ4YcQUwAECE9J.jpg:large

Muffet Bench report. Sorry if it is really old news. Haley Jones.

seems like it might even be too nice to leave..............I give Stanford the edge on this one but I am hoping that basketball outweighs home cooking...........

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
seems like it might even be too nice to leave....I give Stanford the edge on this one but I am hoping that basketball outweighs home cooking......

This is what most days look like here in the coastal areas of California, especially Southern California once the morning fog burns off. 72 degrees and sunny with a cool sea breeze blowing in off the ocean. :cool:

One more thing.................it NEVER snows in the Los Angeles metropolitan area. We're in a basin, practically at sea level. We get a hail storm once every 5-7 years. The ice sticks on grass (not sidewalks/streets) for about 30 minutes, then melts. Two hours later, you can't tell it hailed. In over 65 years, I've never seen it snow in L.A. We have local mountains (less than an hour's drive) that get plenty of snow and are home to several ski resorts, if you're into that sort of thing. We also get snow in the Gorman/Castaic area about 50 miles to the north, just not in the L.A. basin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
This is what most days look like here in the coastal areas of California, especially Southern California, once the morning fog burns off. 72 degrees and sunny with a cool sea breeze blowing in off the ocean. :cool:

hey........keep that quiet will ya!!!!!!!!

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
This is what most days look like here in the coastal areas of California, especially Southern California once the morning fog burns off. 72 degrees and sunny with a cool sea breeze blowing in off the ocean. :cool:

Driving up the California Coast a couple years ago, a local told me something along the lines of "It's never cold here, but sometimes it's fresh." Seemed apt. Temperature might've been around mid 50s in the evening at that time. Can't remember for sure where that was, maybe around SLO. Definitely north of Southern California. The morning fog was definitely a regular occurrence.

Reaction Score

Sounds wonderful but what good is it when you spend 90% of your waking hours in a classroom or in a gym? When your 20 you have a lifetime for sitting on the shoreline enjoying the weather and scenery. Any recruit that has weather in the top 5 of things they want in a college doesn't have the commitment UConn asks from them.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Sounds wonderful but what good is it when you spend 90% of your waking hours in a classroom or in a gym? When your 20 you have a lifetime for sitting on the shoreline enjoying the weather and scenery. Any recruit that has weather in the top 5 of things they want in a college doesn't have the commitment UConn asks from them.

I agree. :cool: The "farsighted" recruits that are looking ahead 5-10 years are more than willing to make sacrifices NOW to achieve those goals or aspirations in the future. As you suggest, "weather" cannot be a factor in the path taken to that end.

I give a standing ovation to Lou who grew up here in Southern California (Huntington Beach) who could have gone to any of the 4 major programs in California: UCLA, USC, Stanford or Cal Berkeley, but had the guts, foresight and wisdom, to follow her own heart and mind to commit to UConn over 3,000 miles away. Aren't we glad she did!

Every time I see pictures of her, she's grinning like a Cheshire cat. She always appears to be happy. She has forged a strong bond with her BFF, Napheesa Collier. They're always together. I hoping Liv and Christyn forge a similar bond.

That said, the forecast for today at the Santa Monica Pier/Venice Beach Boardwalk (two iconic favorites of the locals here in Southern California): 76 and sunny. Don't forget your sun screen. ;)

http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F171011120500-07-santa-monica-restricted.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score

true but choosing Stanford isn't really about the weather, it's about a great education, a really good basketball program and your folks get to watch you far more often then if you came east..........

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
true but choosing Stanford isn't really about the weather, it's about a great education, a really good basketball program and your folks get to watch you far more often then if you came east.....
Nobody asked you.

Reaction Score
Nobody asked you.

just saying we should understand that in HJ's case she has some hard questions to answer and even though we think picking UConn is automatic there are reasons that some might consider other options............I'm tired of players switching commitments or transferring............better that they be 100% certain in their choice up front........

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
just saying we should understand that in HJ's case she has some hard questions to answer and even though we think picking UConn is automatic there are reasons that some might consider other options..I'm tired of players switching commitments or transferring..better that they be 100% certain in their choice up front...
You know I was just messing with you. I agree with you.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I agree. :cool: The "farsighted" recruits that are looking ahead 5-10 years are more than willing to make sacrifices NOW to achieve those goals or aspirations in the future. As you suggest, "weather" cannot be a factor in the path taken to that end.

I give a standing ovation to Lou who grew up here in Southern California (Huntington Beach) who could have gone to any of the 4 major programs in California: UCLA, USC, Stanford or Cal Berkeley, but had the guts, foresight and wisdom, to follow her own heart and mind to commit to UConn over 3,000 miles away. Aren't we glad she did!

Every time I see pictures of her, she's grinning like a Cheshire cat. She always appears to be happy. She has forged a strong bond with her BFF, Napheesa Collier. They're always together. I hoping Liv and Christyn forge a similar bond.

That said, the forecast for today at the Santa Monica Pier (Southern California): 76 and sunny. Don't forget your sun screen. ;)

http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F171011120500-07-santa-monica-restricted.jpg
My son lives in LA. I’m in CT. I can attest to the fact that there can be rainy days in SoCal, including around San Diego (had a vacation messed up by 4 days of rain). The mudslides don’t happen by magic. But I’d take LA weather anytime. Usually nice, can be cool into the 40s in January, but the only ice is in the freezer. Santa Monica Pier is fun. A basketball player can go there all summer back home fro. Connecticut.

Reaction Score

That said, the forecast for today at the Santa Monica Pier (Southern California): 76 and sunny. Don't forget your sun screen. ;)

Love these comments but add a few thoughts to them.
Of course we all are thrilled KLS made the "thinking out of the box choice she did."
Your next paragraph says it all really! Here's what KLS got that makes her smile so often. She became a likely three time AA. She went to the FF all three years so far. She is likely a top five or higher draft choice in the WNBA. She met and became BFF with Pheesa that hopefully that relationship lasts a lifetime. She has the opportunity to develop a telationship with Koby and is prepared intellectually, emotionally and basketball wise to be able to take in his sage advice.
She's a favorite of Geno, the greatest coach in the history of team sports. She has CD whispering in her other ear so many important things about basketball but more importantly about life. Sure there's a much longer list than I've put together.
Then look at Pheesa, Stewie, Maya, Bird, DT and Rebecca Lobo, who made one of the very best speeches I've heard ever at a HOF induction
ceremony.
Damn, Jordan and Aubrey, what more can one ask and strive for and all of the above and more become the building blocks. Of course HJ & AB, you both too should be taking all this in!
The two other truly great women's coaches TAra and Muffet bring great coaching, programs, academic institutions but can't touch the above!
Just ask KLS why she's so happy with her risky but so fulfilled choice.
Or ask any of the others who they are and how they got there?
Bronx23

Reaction Score
true but choosing Stanford isn't really about the weather, it's about a great education, a really good basketball program and your folks get to watch you far more often then if you came east.....
All so very true but please take a look at all the reasons especially from a KLS perspective so trump those things!
KLS parents who have THREE incredible daughters basketball and life wise, seemingly have managed to balance being there for all three!
Why not have your parents, Haley Jones speak with KLS parents as they can truly and in depth speak about both!
Bronx23

Reaction Score
Love these comments but add a few thoughts to them.
Of course we all are thrilled KLS made the "thinking out of the box choice she did."
Your next paragraph says it all really! Here's what KLS got that makes her smile so often. She became a likely three time AA. She went to the FF all three years so far. She is likely a top five or higher draft choice in the WNBA. She met and became BFF with Pheesa that hopefully that relationship lasts a lifetime. She has the opportunity to develop a telationship with Koby and is prepared intellectually, emotionally and basketball wise to be able to take in his sage advice.
She's a favorite of Geno, the greatest coach in the history of team sports. She has CD whispering in her other ear so many important things about basketball but more importantly about life. Sure there's a much longer list than I've put together.
Then look at Pheesa, Stewie, Maya, Bird, DT and Rebecca Lobo, who made one of the very best speeches I've heard ever at a HOF induction
ceremony.
Damn, Jordan and Aubrey, what more can one ask and strive for and all of the above and more become the building blocks. Of course HJ & AB, you both too should be taking all this in!
The two other truly great women's coaches TAra and Muffet bring great coaching, programs, academic institutions but can't touch the above!
Just ask KLS why she's so happy with her risky but so fulfilled choice.
Or ask any of the others who they are and how they got there?
Bronx23
I would argue that choosing UConn is the least risky choice you can make. It's the closest to a sure thing as you'll ever get which is why it's on every top recruit's list. UConn is the only program that can offer a guaranteed championship. There's no where else you can get that.

Reaction Score
I would argue that choosing UConn is the least risky choice you can make. It's the closest to a sure thing as you'll ever get which is why it's on every top recruit's list. UConn is the only program that can offer a guaranteed championship. There's no where else you can get that.

no program, even UConn can offer a guaranteed championship.............a guaranteed trip to the NCAAs yes..........

Reaction Score
competition has come to college WBB with great players spread throughout the top ten along with some improved coaching....unless UConn gets a recruiting haul in the next two years they will be just one of a few really good teams
They will, including this year AND next year - it's coming soon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom