Did Shabazz disrespect UF fans? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Did Shabazz disrespect UF fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
This was a topic in the showdown of Around The Horn yesterday on ESPN, asking if they were OK with Bazz's celebration. Both guys said they didn't mind it, including Israel Gutierrez who is UF alumnus.

I can't believe people are even talking about this... he didn't run off and stay there. He came back.

The officials were busy reviewing to make sure the shot was good anyways so it didn't really matter all that much that Bazz and the team were off the court for, what, 2 minutes maybe?!

Bazz came back. But UF wanted to get out of there (obviously) and only 1 player stayed to shake Bazz's hand.

It's college basketball, let the kids play. Emotions run high. This is a ridiculous dicussion.

Reaction Score
Not even - they were off the court at 30 seconds in this video, and coming back on at 50 seconds.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Asking someone to control their emotions in a moment like that is a bit much. He ran off the court. It's not like he ran over and gave Billy Donovan the finger or something.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Oh my god, I'm so embarrassed that there are UConn fans like this
Slight over-reaction, no? Sorry you feel embarrassed, but your rant on my comment showed little reading comprehension.
Re-read my comment. I didn't say I wanted a stoic Dyson type player back and I also didn't say I didn't want a celebration.. What I said is that I would prefer he stay on the court with his celebration. When I think back to the great game winning shots and celebrations, they were all done on the court. Feel free to stand on the press table, circle the court or climb into the student section.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Am I the only person who heard Shabazz say that he gets claustrophobic and he was afraid of being caught in the the middle of the court being stormed? He returned quickly.

Reaction Score
Ollie wasn't cocky. We can win without being cocky. I'd rather win being humble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom