Did anyone tune into the coach's show? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Did anyone tune into the coach's show?

Reaction Score
When the Kevin Ollie era ends we will all look back and say "Things could have been different if he had just showed up for the coaches show on February 5th 2018. What a shame"
Nice deflection! Too bad no one said that. This is just another example of a pattern of disengaged behavior. It is a symptom, not a cause.

At least you are right about the era ending.

Reaction Score
Casting the litany of legitimate issues aside, the brain trust here never fails to get worked up about the most ridiculous, small-potatoes stuff.

I didn't give a hoot about KO's attendance at or comments on the radio show during the championship season, and I sure as heck don't now. I strongly suspect I am not the only one.

KO has a show?

Reaction Score
Not a huge fan of KO & I get he's making alot of money but some folks seem to enjoy pummeling him like he's a war criminal.

KO is a factor in the downfall of UConn but there is plenty of blame to spread around...........starting with the hierarchy that allowed UConn to be left out in the cold & were outmaneuvered by L'Ville, Pitt, Cuse, Rutgers of the world.

Reaction Score
“We just need to shoot better and I’ll refer to my previous statement on the NCAA inquiry.”

There.

That’s your coach’s show through the middle of March.
Naw...you forgot "We need to rebound better and reduce the turnovers"

Reaction Score
I live in Big Ten country and there were days when Tom Izzo missed a few of his radio shows so I really don't get this thread. Izzo explained that the reason why he misses these shows a few times is to give his assistant coaches a chance to shine. I know some of our Boneyard friends don't like coach KO, want him gone, like yesterday. Him missing a radio show is really no big deal. Now if he starts to miss the next 5-10 shows in a row, I will get a little worried. Right now, I am not worried. There could be several reasons why he skipped his coaching radio show. I just hope that he doesn't skip the coaching clinic this summer!

Reaction Score
I live in Big Ten country and there were days when Tom Izzo missed a few of his radio shows so I really don't get this thread. Izzo explained that the reason why he misses these shows a few times is to give his assistant coaches a chance to shine. I know some of our Boneyard friends don't like coach KO, want him gone, like yesterday. Him missing a radio show is really no big deal. Now if he starts to miss the next 5-10 shows in a row, I will get a little worried. Right now, I am not worried. There could be several reasons why he skipped his coaching radio show. I just hope that he doesn't skip the coaching clinic this summer!

He's having an awful time as a coach and people have a right at this point to find fault on that end. But there are certain individuals who take it to the extreme as you can see by this thread even being here.:rolleyes: The only reason they would even listen would be to make fun of what he says at this point and write it on the BY. Instead he has his reasons for not being able to do the show hence even better, let's question as to why the man would miss it.

Last edited:

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
One of the purposes of his show is to build fan interest, and that's an important part of the job of head coach.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
If we were top 3 in our league and headed for an at large bid, no one would have even noticed this. Either he puts a good product on the floor or he doesn’t - contractual formalities and obligations like this are between him and AD Dave.

Reaction Score
Not a huge fan of KO & I get he's making alot of money but some folks seem to enjoy pummeling him like he's a war criminal.

KO is a factor in the downfall of UConn but there is plenty of blame to spread around......starting with the hierarchy that allowed UConn to be left out in the cold & were outmaneuvered by L'Ville, Pitt, Cuse, Rutgers of the world.

That arguments fails because other teams are getting it done.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
It’s no fun to answer questions after these losses, though Joe D is the softest interview of all time.
More of a homer than Medic.

Reaction Score
I’ve listened to the show when in my car at times and it’s pretty worthless. Joe acts deferential like he’s interviwing the Pope. KO basically says nothing much. This is a venue for KO to make money that’s not directly salary I guess, and now he’s not showing up even for this. If he had the flu or a legitimate excuse he would get a pass but nothing was mentioned. Personal or family issue, fine.

Reaction Score
One of the purposes of his show is to build fan interest, and that's an important part of the job of head coach.

You build fan interest by winning, that's the most important job of head coach. His failure to build and keep a winning team is 1,000x more important than this show. He's doing so poorly at coaching, there's absolutely nothing he could do or say on that show that would build fan interest. The only reason he should be there, is because he's paid to do it.

And if his repeated absences mean he's on his way out, we should just be thankful and not complain about it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom