Did anyone notice? | The Boneyard

Did anyone notice?

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
Aside from her great offensive game Azzi played a spectacular defensive game, her footwork was perfect, she was correctly calling out the switches and even had a block (although she barely had to jump) . The climb to the apex of Uconn greats starts at the base camp, imo Azzi is more thn halfway there as a freshman, as far as showing a lot of emotions she and CD are the Ying to Paiges Yang, the calm during the storm, these young women are definitely keepers!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Aside from her great offensive game Azzi played a spectacular defensive game, her footwork was perfect, she was correctly calling out the switches and even had a block (although she barely had to jump) . The climb to the apex of Uconn greats starts at the base camp, imo Azzi is more thn halfway there as a freshman, as far as showing a lot of emotions she and CD are the Ying to Paiges Yang, the calm during the storm, these young women are definitely keepers!
Azzi is doing what freshman greats at UConn do, peaking at the the end of the season. There has been a whole lot of February coming out parties over the years.

I’m not sure how good this team can be this season. I’m definitely not sure if we can beat South Carolina. But I’m pretty sure we’re going to be a very dangerous team in the postseason and absolutely confident that we will be fun to watch.

Reaction Score
I think we are all seeing what a complete player she is.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I think we are good enough to beat everyone else. SC is beatable, but UCONN will have to keep playing together under much greater pressure.
SC is beatable IF you can minimize Boston's numbers. You're NOT going to stop her. If you can hold her to her season averages, they can be beat. In their one OT loss to Missouri, Boston had 17/12.

Her season averages (per the team's stats on their website) are 16.7/11.8.
Missouri held her to her season averages. In 18 of their 27 games, Boston has been the team's leading scorer. She's played in 26 of their 27 games. Her game highs are 29 points vs NC A&T and 19 rebounds vs Florida.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
I think we are all seeing what a complete player she is.
We all knew coming in tht she was ..
A GREAT shooter
A Good passer but
A very good defensive presence ?
I didn't see it, maybe bcus unless ur a post highlight videos don't usually feature defensive plays. Could be she grasped the coaches philosophy and importance of defense.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
Anyone notice the double screen set by Christyn and Dorka to get Azzi an open three point shot? Clearly, Geno is working on plays to get Azzi more shots
A beautiful set play, she's often been missed on some of her cuts thru the lane, I thk Paige will fix tht.

Reaction Score
SC is beatable IF you can minimize Boston's numbers. You're NOT going to stop her. If you can hold her to her season averages, they can be beat. In their one OT loss to Missouri, Boston had 17/12.

Her season averages (per the team's stats on their website) are 16.7/11.8.
Missouri held her to her season averages. In 18 of their 27 games, Boston has been the team's leading scorer. She's played in 26 of their 27 games. Her game highs are 29 points vs NC A&T and 19 rebounds vs Florida.
Ms. Boston is a great player, who has dedicated herself to playing great and winning her school NCs. As a UCONN fan, I admire her development, and was disappointed when she chose South Carolina over UCONN. I'm over it now, and understand that's how everyone feels when the coveted player plays for someone else. Dawn Staley has done a great job teaching and leading her and the other team members to where they are today.
On the other hand, I'm hoping that UCONN is only focused on the "next game" ahead, and not looking too far down the road. The win/loss column looks so different from past years, but it was swayed by multiple challenges. However other teammates stepped up and showed their abilities, and that main factor reduces my in-game hypertension. Geno and company have done a great job of getting the players ready for March. And......
Should South Carolina and UCONN meet in the NCAA tourney, I hope UCONN is ready to play, because SC is not going to roll over and hand the game to Geno et al. They are the #1 team, and rightfully so, while UCONN is floating around, but I'd like to see an excellent game between two great teams. A battle between former champions is a dream of mine!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Anyone notice the double screen set by Christyn and Dorka to get Azzi an open three point shot? Clearly, Geno is working on plays to get Azzi more shots
Just about to comment on that part. That was such a beautifully ran play. I got goosebumps!! Or the one play where there was the down screen set by Aaliyah, I think, and Azzi just came off that screen and caught a sweet pass from Nika . Thing of beauty!!

Reaction Score

Love that part of her game, that defensive side. She isn't a lock down defender. Heck nobody is. Too hard these days. But Azzi does a great job of being in the right place at the right time. She keeps her hands and feet, relatively, active. Each game she just gets better and better and that is what you want, especially as we march into March and the tournaments.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Did anyone see if your opponents were wearing Washington Generals’ warmup gear?
Says a person that their team lost to a underhanded Missouri that was missing their top player plus three other major contributors that were unable to play. Some at ESPN were calling it the worst loss of the year. UConn has lost 5 games this year has had only 2 players that have not missed a game due to injury. I wonder what SC record would be if Boston was out as long as Paige was, or if they had only a six player rotation. Betcha it would be a lot more than 5. Every team UConn has lost to has a chance of getting into the dance, can you say that about Missouri?

Reaction Score
We all knew coming in tht she was ..
A GREAT shooter
A Good passer but
A very good defensive presence ?
I didn't see it, maybe bcus unless ur a post highlight videos don't usually feature defensive plays. Could be she grasped the coaches philosophy and importance of defense.
Azzi is also one of the top ball handlers on the team. Perhaps only Paige can dribble better but Azzi's ability to bring the ball up and get her own shot in traffic is better than any other guard I can think of.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
Azzi is also one of the top ball handlers on the team. Perhaps only Paige can dribble better but Azzi's ability to bring the ball up and get her own shot in traffic is better than any other guard I can think of.
I agree

Reaction Score
Her on-ball and help side defense has really come a long way. I think she's starting to trust her foot. She also just watches the ball and if she can tip it, touch it or step in, she will. Really good basketball instincts.

Reaction Score
Says a person that their team lost to a underhanded Missouri that was missing their top player plus three other major contributors that were unable to play. Some at ESPN were calling it the worst loss of the year. UConn has lost 5 games this year has had only 2 players that have not missed a game due to injury. I wonder what SC record would be if Boston was out as long as Paige was, or if they had only a six player rotation. Betcha it would be a lot more than 5. Every team UConn has lost to has a chance of getting into the dance, can you say that about Missouri?
Touchy about a 55 point victory? Sheesh!

You can also infer that I was saying that UConn looked like the Globetrotters last night

Reaction Score
I think we are good enough to beat everyone else. SC is beatable, but UCONN will have to keep playing together under much greater pressure.

It will depend how our 3 point game is going on that day. Azzi and CD on opposite sides, with Paige on top, then lot’s of ball and foot movement, plus screens and rolls. Mix in NM, CW, AE, and Liv. This will also open the middle. If we execute and shoot well, we are a tough out. And I like our D too.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think she is truly ambidextrous on the dribble. Even more than Paige. Taping up her strong arm as a kid really works.

Reaction Score
Ms. Boston is a great player, who has dedicated herself to playing great and winning her school NCs. As a UCONN fan, I admire her development, and was disappointed when she chose South Carolina over UCONN. I'm over it now, and understand that's how everyone feels when the coveted player plays for someone else. Dawn Staley has done a great job teaching and leading her and the other team members to where they are today.
On the other hand, I'm hoping that UCONN is only focused on the "next game" ahead, and not looking too far down the road. The win/loss column looks so different from past years, but it was swayed by multiple challenges. However other teammates stepped up and showed their abilities, and that main factor reduces my in-game hypertension. Geno and company have done a great job of getting the players ready for March. And......
Should South Carolina and UCONN meet in the NCAA tourney, I hope UCONN is ready to play, because SC is not going to roll over and hand the game to Geno et al. They are the #1 team, and rightfully so, while UCONN is floating around, but I'd like to see an excellent game between two great teams. A battle between former champions is a dream of mine!
Boston can get the opposing center in foul trouble. She gets the benefit of a friendly whistle in my opinion too- she is aggressive which by itself isn't illegal, but I feel at times she gets away with causing contact and then the defender is called for a foul. Liv and Dorka need to keep their hands straight up against her, and where Boston can really cause problems is getting offensive rebounds. I'm not sure how it works out to double-team her, SC does have some good shooters too- you'd have to if you are ranked #1, it isn't just the Boston show.

Still, with the offense that we have, I'd love a rematch against SC!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom