Did anyone notice? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Did anyone notice?

Reaction Score
I think we are all seeing what a complete player she is.
As one who very much took a “wait and see” attitude towards Fudd, and even more so, commented on her lack of quickness moving laterally early in the season, I could not agree more. She is an absolutely terrific all around player and I have been especially impressed with her game when she is NOT shooting well.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
As one who very much took a “wait and see” attitude towards Fudd, and even more so, commented on her lack of quickness moving laterally early in the season, I could not agree more. She is an absolutely terrific all around player and I have been especially impressed with her game when she is NOT shooting well.
Here I'll move over...take a seat on the "Complete Player" band wagon, glad to have you aboard, next stop the BE tournament, enjoy the ride.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Ms. Boston is a great player, who has dedicated herself to playing great and winning her school NCs. As a UCONN fan, I admire her development, and was disappointed when she chose South Carolina over UCONN. I'm over it now, and understand that's how everyone feels when the coveted player plays for someone else. Dawn Staley has done a great job teaching and leading her and the other team members to where they are today.
On the other hand, I'm hoping that UCONN is only focused on the "next game" ahead, and not looking too far down the road. The win/loss column looks so different from past years, but it was swayed by multiple challenges. However other teammates stepped up and showed their abilities, and that main factor reduces my in-game hypertension. Geno and company have done a great job of getting the players ready for March. And......
Should South Carolina and UCONN meet in the NCAA tourney, I hope UCONN is ready to play, because SC is not going to roll over and hand the game to Geno et al. They are the #1 team, and rightfully so, while UCONN is floating around, but I'd like to see an excellent game between two great teams. A battle between former champions is a dream of mine!
You can never look beyond the next game. I feel about Boston as you do/did. I was devastated when she committed to South Carolina, but I got over it. UConn will have to beat the teams between them and SC to play them. UConn’s mindset must be: take care of the business at hand (the team in front of you). Don’t be concerned about who may be next after them.

We won't know until the bracket reveal on March 13, but it's unlikely they meet before that 3rd weekend in April. If UConn can get that far, I like their chances. Boston will play a large role in helping her team get there, but she can not do it alone. SC is and has been the number 1 team in the country from the beginning of the season. I think it is their championship to lose, but we can try. Like Geno, I’m not conceding anything.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Here I'll move over...take a seat on the "Complete Player" band wagon, glad to have you aboard, next stop the BE tournament, enjoy the ride.
Slide over further doggie. Make room for me too. :D If you think she's good now, wait until next year. She gets to spend the entire summer healthy and able to work out and train.

She will come back in the fall stronger, a little more mature and with and sense of calm, understanding completely what she is supposed to do. Remember she said she was in awe the first few weeks after she arrived.

She had a slow start this year because she was injured on arrival. Imagine how much better she would be playing now if she would have begun the season healthy. She's still playing catch up.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Great post. I wasn't quite wait and see, but early on in the season I was definitely concerned about her start. I was thinking, she's obviously a great shooter but how is she even going to get a shot off?! But since she's come back from injury, she's been so smooth. She's great running off screens, but also she's a bit more explosive than I thought. There was a play against Marquette where she exploded baseline and kissed it off the glass, and I thought to myself, yeah she can be a prolific scorer..

Also, another did anyone notice moment, she had a monster block last night. She was in perfect position and just kept her arms straight up to block the shot. She's had a couple of those this season. I remember against SC, Geno said one of the reason she didn't play a lot of minutes was because the they were picking on her defensively. SC does have some explosive guards but I don't think they will be able to do the same if we match up with them in the post season.

Reaction Score
Fudd has played 15 college games. She gets better with every game. In a year from now I suspect her and Paige will be battling it out for POY awards. I hope Paige wants this season back and decides to use her Covid option. That would mean three more years after this one of Paige and Azzi.

Reaction Score
Azzi is doing what freshman greats at UConn do, peaking at the the end of the season. There has been a whole lot of February coming out parties over the years.

I’m not sure how good this team can be this season. I’m definitely not sure if we can beat South Carolina. But I’m pretty sure we’re going to be a very dangerous team in the postseason and absolutely confident that we will be fun to watch.
if UConn continues to play solid defense and three out of Azzi, Paige, Caroline, Christyn and Evina have really good shooting games, they can beat anybody including South Carolina.........that's why I keep on harping about getting CD's shooting back to her pre head injury form...........

Reaction Score
Boston can get the opposing center in foul trouble. She gets the benefit of a friendly whistle in my opinion too- she is aggressive which by itself isn't illegal, but I feel at times she gets away with causing contact and then the defender is called for a foul. Liv and Dorka need to keep their hands straight up against her, and where Boston can really cause problems is getting offensive rebounds. I'm not sure how it works out to double-team her, SC does have some good shooters too- you'd have to if you are ranked #1, it isn't just the Boston show.

Still, with the offense that we have, I'd love a rematch against SC!
I've always been a proponent of attacking big posts like Boston.......,.I could care less if she blocks ten shots in the game if she's sitting on the bench with four fouls in the fourth quarter......

Reaction Score
as we true believers were trying to tell you guys............you don't win the Gatorade National Player of the Year as a sophomore in high school and the Wooten Award as the best high school senior if you are a one-dimensional basketball player...........frankly I still don't think she is back to 100% since her knee injuries and if she remains healthy we will all be treated to some even more exceptional basketball in the next 3 1/4 seasons......

Reaction Score
as we true believers were trying to tell you guys............you don't win the Gatorade National Player of the Year as a sophomore in high school and the Wooten Award as the best high school senior if you are a one-dimensional basketball player...........frankly I still don't think she is back to 100% since her knee injuries and if she remains healthy we will all be treated to some even more exceptional basketball in the next 3 1/4 seasons......
For the upteemth time for all you “experts”, you can be a “true believer“ all you want but I will make up my own mind after seeing things with my own eyes. I have been around the game long enough to know HS is not D1.
Further, you can believe in awards all you want, I don’t; they are by and large political and statistical because NO ONE can see enough players enough times for them to have any real meaning.

Reaction Score
Only Paige, Maya and Kia seem to understand the Geno system as keenly as Azzi has as a freshman. She knows exactly where to be on both sides of the ball. Geno has even adjusted his offense to give her double screen threes. I think that's the biggest difference lately. The offense looks for her more.

Her super skill is shooting and she's great at everything else. Paige's is her passing. Once those two start feeding off each other watch out.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
if UConn continues to play solid defense and three out of Azzi, Paige, Caroline, Christyn and Evina have really good shooting games, they can beat anybody including South Carolina.........that's why I keep on harping about getting CD's shooting back to her pre head injury form...........
Possibly. SC is an enormously talented team with an excellent coach, though. Stanford is a good team as well. I think we will be in the race, but as we've seen, getting across the finish line is tough.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
Slide over further doggie. Make room for me too. :D If you think she's good now, wait until next year. She gets to spend the entire summer healthy and able to work out and train.

She will come back in the fall stronger, a little more mature and with and sense of calm, understanding completely what she is supposed to do. Remember she said she was in awe the first few weeks after she arrived.

She had a slow start this year because she was injured on arrival. Imagine how much better she would be playing now if she would have begun the season healthy. She's still playing catch up.
Love this post

Reaction Score
For the upteemth time for all you “experts”, you can be a “true believer“ all you want but I will make up my own mind after seeing things with my own eyes. I have been around the game long enough to know HS is not D1.
Further, you can believe in awards all you want, I don’t; they are by and large political and statistical because NO ONE can see enough players enough times for them to have any real meaning.
We true believers have been watching play for the past four years..........her transcendent talent like PB's were undeniable from day one...........like Paige, she was ready to play college ball as a junior in high school..........;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom