Did Aaliyah Edwards commit? | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Did Aaliyah Edwards commit?

Reaction Score
Canadian prospect Aaliyah Edwards announces verbal commitment to UConn, joins 2020 recruiting class

Edwards, a 6-3 wing who’s ranked fourth for her position, is a five-star player with experience playing on the Canadian National Team. She announced her decision at her high school and live-streamed it on Instagram live.
She attended First Night in Storrs last week, where she spent time with the rest of UConn’s 2020 commits.

Reaction Score
This is a talented and balanced class. And because of that, I'm not as worried about multiple transfers as we have seen in other classes. As compared to Megan's class, with a class of four that largely played the same position, this is a legit starting five, with each player having different skill sets. This could be the start of an exciting (or more exciting) four or five or six years.

Reaction Score
If she is a Morgan Tuck kind of 6-2 (and she appears to have the body to be that), then that is more than enough, especially for a 4 position.

Not as strong as Tuck, but far more athletic!

Reaction Score
So this is official class of 2020 ...

Screenshot (2).png

Reaction Score
With my family making up a large portion of them. ;)
I was (truthfully) just counting my blood relatives. With families that averaged 15 per family, up to 1920, the progression seems to say a million of more like you and me in Ct. certainly New England.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
So this is official class of 2020 ...

View attachment 47419

That's right. This is their FIRST OFFICIAL class picture. Aren't they beautiful? :D Shout out to the other four on the job they did in convincing her last weekend that THIS is the place she needs to be. Great job ladies, thank you from a grateful UConn Nation. ;) Also a shout-out and thank you to Kia Nurse. We know you had a hand in her recruitment. Job well done.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
i LIKE TO CONSULT THOSE THAT KNOW====WHAT DOES THIS MEAN TO UCONN?? Is she a game changer??
She is PERFECT for UCONN. Versatile skill set and she is going to work her ass off for herself, the program, her country and her family. Game changer in the sense that with her & Paige in this class UCONN has a realistic chance to move from 11-to 13 or 14 before she graduates. Notice that I skipped right over 12 because that bar is too low IMO.

Reaction Score
UConn's starting lineup last year had three #1 recruits in it. There are only four such players in all of America, and three of them were starters for the Huskies. The other two starters were a #3 junior who was the best PG in her class and Collier bringing up the rear. What other team in the country had a Collier as their lowest ranked recruit?

Hindsight is great but I remember that many fans of other programs were not impressed with Collier in HS saying she played weak competition and wouldn't be able to score inside in college because she was too short.
And often the difference between being a top 5 recruit and 25-30 is that the top players got a lot more coaching, individual trainers, etc. in their HS years and progressed faster than others. But once they get to college those 25-30 players often catch up.
But I will admit that of the highly talent HS players UConn gets a good sized share of the most self-motivated and team-oriented players. No Boothes or Holmes in Storrs, despite their uber-talent.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Napheesa Collier being ranked lower than other Huskies is of course on a curve. She finished ranked 3, 5, 5, and 6.

Reaction Score
I was (truthfully) just counting my blood relatives. With families that averaged 15 per family, up to 1920, the progression seems to say a million of more like you and me in Ct. certainly New England.

15 per family sounds about right. (we're talking French Canadians, right?)

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
If she is a Morgan Tuck kind of 6-2 (and she appears to have the body to be that), then that is more than enough, especially for a 4 position.
Rebekkah Brunson type with a bit more consistent scoring.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom