Did a Six Point Loss to Baylor Really Cost Us 18 Points in AP? | The Boneyard

Did a Six Point Loss to Baylor Really Cost Us 18 Points in AP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn still had 1st place votes, so those points are gone off the bat. Then there was a spit between 2nd and 3rd place votes with ND. Likely the 2nd place votes became 3rd place with the natural dropping of a placement after a loss. The vote total between UConn and Stanford would be more upsetting to me. Stanford should not gain any votes or be higher than 4th in any poll.

Reaction Score
ND is 3 points short of a unanimous #2, so I'd guess that UConn is #2 on those 3 ballots. (Though it could be Stanford I guess?)
That would mean 14 other voters had UConn #4. (Or 12 had #4 & 1 had #5, etc).

Surprised that 1/3 of the voters have UConn behind Stanford or Duke.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Here we are close to the end of the season. Weve had more then our share of injuries and sickness and were ranked third in the polls with a big game at ND on Monday nite then the BE tourney. IF we were 100% this season I would have to think we would be ranked at least 2 if not 1 in the polls. It looks like Bria and Breanna are healthly. Bria was sick during the Baylor game. Thats not an excuse for losing Im just mentioning it. Breanna looks like shes back after Saturdays game and we will know more on Tuesday and Saturday. If we can stay healthly the rest of the season I really do like our chances alot.

If we face Baylor again I think Geno has figured out a way to keep Griner and Baylor from making those triangle passes down low. I also think UConn needs to pack it in the middle and make Baylor shoot from the outside. Lastly we need Breanna back on Baylors fast break. She can keep them from scoring on the break.

Its gonna be tuff Monday nite at ND but if we are healthly I think we can win. ND is a very tuff place to play.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Source?

I've not heard that anywhere.
I beleive she sat out the next game. Bad excuse though. I'd blame the loss more on Stef being pummeled than BH - we were leading until the takedown when she smashed her head on the floor. Sure shuld someone else have stepped up (BS, KML - infamous lost 13 minutes)? We lost to a very good team and will hopefully see them again.

Reaction Score
I beleive she sat out the next game.

No, she did not.

She did not play much in the preceding game, and the reason was given as "sick." However during the Baylor broadcast, the announcers implied that was a made-up excuse.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
No, she did not.

She did not play much in the preceding game, and the reason was given as "sick." However during the Baylor broadcast, the announcers implied that was a made-up excuse.
As I think I intimated above, I don't take that as an excuse for losing. We played them better than even until the throw down and then no one else stepped up to replace Stef's drop off. We out played them for most of the game, coulda won but didn't. Hartley has been wounded and shes not playing at the level of a year ago, sick or not. Its a game between 2 of the 3 best teams in the country, heads and shoulders above everyone else, so while we wanted to win, in the end its not really a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom