Dickie V's rant | The Boneyard

Dickie V's rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone hear him support Jim B last night in LVille game? I always stick up for the guy but last night was embarrassing. Even my wife said "why is he going on and on about that while there's a great game going on in front of him? So because he gives millions to cure cancer he can cheat with everything else" That's my wife and she knows little out of UConn and ESPN when forced to lol. He was disgusting to the point of where the lead guy had to stop him and tell him there's a good game going on at the Yum and he needs to get off the podium.

"Let me tell you I know Jimmy B and the only thing he did wrong was TRUST the people he surrounded himself with. He did none of the things they said he did and he got a raw deal from the NCAA"

Quite honestly, he should be fired for this BS rant.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not that it isn't an idiotic opinion, it would seem odd to fire a man whom you pay to give opinions for giving an opinion.

Reaction Score
Not that it isn't an idiotic opinion, it would seem odd to fire a man whom you pay to give opinions for giving an opinion.

Kinda makes sense, maybe I'm overreacting to his overreaction? :eek:

Reaction Score
Bad job by Dickie V. I do not remember his stance when we were banned. Does anyone know?

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Not surprised by his take.

Once Vitale forms an opinion about somebody, that opinion will be repeated until the end of time, exactly as he first conceived it, even in the face of direct contrary evidence.

Like his myth about Wojo's defensive prowess.

And he's friends with Boeheim from way back.

Reaction Score
Anyone hear him support Jim B last night in LVille game? I always stick up for the guy but last night was embarrassing. Even my wife said "why is he going on and on about that while there's a great game going on in front of him? So because he gives millions to cure cancer he can cheat with everything else" That's my wife and she knows little out of UConn and ESPN when forced to lol. He was disgusting to the point of where the lead guy had to stop him and tell him there's a good game going on at the Yum and he needs to get off the podium.

"Let me tell you I know Jimmy B and the only thing he did wrong was TRUST the people he surrounded himself with. He did none of the things they said he did and he got a raw deal from the NCAA"

Quite honestly, he should be fired for this BS rant.[/QU
Dickie V has always defended coaches including JC so it doesn't surprise me that he would back Jim B. But that rant was flat out over the top. I understand Dickie V defending a friend but his rant really calls for ESPN to take some kind of disciplinary action.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
remember how he used to be offended by fans mocking JJ Reddick? saying how wrong it was because JJ does everything right?

then he'd #$%*&^% all over the Cameron Crazies ignoring the fact that they had some of the most vile chants in the country

the dude is senile

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
BTW: I can't support any decision the NCAA makes, they're a bunch of idiots, so there's probably some truth to what Dook Vitale may be saying even though the only thing he's doing at this point is repeating what JB has said. I doubt Dookie V knows anything different

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I heard it and was more amazed that his sidekick let him go on and on.
I remember when UConn received it's penalty, Dickie V was unhappy that the NCAA punished the kids who weren't around when the actions happened but I remember him saying that while JC may not had participated he is ultimately responsible for those he hired into the program and a lot of the things his kids are involved with.
Now, how the hell is this situation any different?
You're telling me that The Picker never even got a whiff of what was going on all those years?
Dickie V has turned into a "editorial political hack" for the ACC

Reaction Score
The old man has lost his mind now, I assume stuff like this is why he doesn't call duke-unc anymore.

Reaction Score
Kinda makes sense, maybe I'm overreacting to his overreaction? :eek:
Mau that's what good friends do. Right or wrong they got your back. In this case JB is wrong and dookie v is just the wrong person to discuss this subject with. Honestly his opinion means nothing and few are taking him seriously. Not a big deal, our game Thursday is a much bigger deal.

But anyway, I'd love to have a friend like that.

Reaction Score
Vitale is a joke. He has become a punchline. He really thinks people value his embarrassing garbage.

Reaction Score
Mau that's what good friends do. Right or wrong they got your back. In this case JB is wrong and dookie v is just the wrong person to discuss this subject with. Honestly his opinion means nothing and few are taking him seriously. Not a big deal, our game Thursday is a much bigger deal.

But anyway, I'd love to have a friend like that.

Cheat on your wife and I will take you out for beers and hook you up with a 3rdbass. I can be that friend ......but you need to cheat first ;)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The first time Boeheim was "let down by those around him", Dick Vitale was on the air saying that Jim Boeheim should resign.

Reaction Score
The first time Boeheim was "let down by those around him", Dick Vitale was on the air saying that Jim Boeheim should resign.
I'm sure Dicky V had a "Fine talking to" between then and now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom