Dickie V's All-Big East Team | The Boneyard

Dickie V's All-Big East Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
78367987.png

Of the past 30 years. Also mentioned Rip as one of his possible selections off the bench.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ah the all no national championship team.

Reaction Score
Shuttleworth is the youngest guy?

If we're going by what they did in college, Kemba should be there over Iverson. Iverson stunk in the BE title game with us and the Elite Eight game with UMass. He didn't win anything.

If we're just going by NBA too, or who the better player is, just as an abstract, then, yeah, tougher to make the case.

Although once we have Kemba on there, we can then talk about Rip over Mullin, and Emeka over Coleman, and then we'd be about right, I think. We can leave Ewing on there. Token "early years of Big East" selection. He's just lucky Thabeet didn't come back for his senior year.

Reaction Score
If we're going by what they did in college, Kemba should be there over Iverson. Iverson stunk in the BE title game with us and the Elite Eight game with UMass. He didn't win anything.

If we're just going by NBA too, or who the better player is, just as an abstract, then, yeah, tougher to make the case.

Although once we have Kemba on there, we can then talk about Rip over Mullin, and Emeka over Coleman, and then we'd be about right, I think. We can leave Ewing on there. Token "early years of Big East" selection. He's just lucky Thabeet didn't come back for his senior year.
But if you're going by just college performance, it'd be a toss up between Rip and Carmelo. I'd probably give the edge to Carmelo.

Reaction Score
Impossible team to make out. Only Ewing I would say would make any team. But there have been some good players left off. John Bagley could hang, Emeka was no slouch, Rip would have made my team, Charles and Chris Smith???, anyone remember Troy Bell?, Reggie Williams wasn't bad, Kemba over Carmelo in my book everyday, and where the hell is Johnnie Selvie?

Reaction Score
Guys it's impossible to get 2 people with even remotely the same team minus Ewing who should be on everyone's...........the names and great Big East college players are endless - Pearl, Walter Berry, Craig Shelton, Reggie Williams, Michael Jackson, Rich Calandrillo, Stevie Thompson, Sean Miller....the list is endless. It's a good 5 which Dickie V picked and UConn, with as many great players as they have had is lucky to have one!

Reaction Score

I wish we had an award for Best Homer Fan. You'd get my vote. Hell why not all UConn team as the best ever? ;)

Reaction Score

You aren't seriously comparing Thabeet to a top 3 college center are you? Rip was nice, but Mullin was one of the greatest shooters of all time; without the 3 pt line. Emeka couldn't guard Coleman on his worst day. C'mon man!

Reaction Score

See - you made the classic mistake of thinking that when a post starts with a serious point that the ensuing points in that post have to also be serious. What you read was what we internet humorists call a segue into comedic overreach. Or "SICO" for short.

For my next comedic project, I will rank the greatest postseason wins of the Tim Welsh area, which is what we internet comedians call a "LOO" - list of one. It is also sometimes called an "OIL" - one-item list, but most of us prefer the international word for toilet.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I wish we had an award for Best Homer Fan. You'd get my vote. Hell why not all UConn team as the best ever? ;)
Now we're talking!

Reaction Score
Forget Ewing. Where's Constantin Popa?

Poor guy. He was so awkward and goofy and received so much jeering from opposing teams' fans . I was happy for him when he had his breakout year.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Poor guy. He was so awkward and goofy and received so much jeering from opposing teams' fans . I was happy for him when he had his breakout year.
I basically just remember them with a winless Big East season, which is not easy to do. And thinking, "Eh, Miami will never be any good."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom