Dickie V All America Team | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dickie V All America Team

Reaction Score
I see we have no one projected on any of the first three teams. That’s ok we did not have one All America last year and we dominated the tourney. What do we think? Does any current player on our team deserve some level of consideration for All America 1st, 2nd or 3rd team? I could get behind Clingan being considered, I mean we are in everyone’s top ten as a team. So we have talent……
Who cares, he is a moron

Reaction Score
Hurley literally told Rothstein today that Clingan will get 26-28 minutes per game. That's not enough to make it. Every single guy that made an All-American team last season played at least 30 mpg and most of them 34+. Not gonna happen if Samson takes a chunk of his minutes.
I don't think the issue is "minutes"; the issue is "counting stats". If Clingan averages a double-double and leads the nation in blocks, he has a shot to be AA.

Of course fewer minutes makes that a tougher task, but Donovan can do it.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
1 - When all is said and done I'll be amazed if DC isn't on the AA team.
2 - This is of far less importance than hardware. I want another ring and I imagine this is DC's priority as well.
Agree, you hit on the two reasons for starting the thread. If he plays well enough to be in the running for AA great. But all I want is for him to play the role that DH thinks he should play and the one that helps the team get to the mountain top again.

Reaction Score
The only way Samson Johnson takes a big chunk of his minutes will be due to foul trouble. I assume he will be in good enough game shape for 32-35 so let’s see what happens. Hope he keeps his hands up and doesn’t reach much. He can put up impact numbers in 26-28 minutes anyway.
I will eat my hat if Clingan averages 32 mpg.

Hurley has said he wants him in the 26-28 mpg range where Sanogo was last year when he was fresh at the end of the year instead of worn down like the year before.

Reaction Score
I will eat my hat if Clingan averages 32 mpg.

Hurley has said he wants him in the 26-28 mpg range where Sanogo was last year when he was fresh at the end of the year instead of worn down like the year before.

Agree need him fresh but there will potentially be games due to his quality or the inability of others.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I don't know if Clingan will play enough minutes to get in. Hurley wants another two-headed monster like last season with Adama and DC, but this time with DC and Samson.
How many minutes has SJ played in a UConn jersey? And in the minutes he did play what was his fouls vs points?

Reaction Score
How many minutes has Samson Johnson played in a UConn jersey? And in the minutes he did play what was his fouls vs points?
He was slated to be a starter last season before his injury. By all indications, he has been very good in practice and even Hurley himself said that he expects Clingan to play 26-28 minutes with Johnson likely getting the rest.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He was slated to be a starter last season before his injury. By all indications, he has been very good in practice and even Hurley himself said that he expects Clingan to play 26-28 minutes with Johnson likely getting the rest.
They said the same things for 2 years going now. Some guys are snakebite by the injury bug and until it changes I don’t see him contributing at a high level. I want him to but in my heart I feel it wasn’t meant to be. DC will play as many minutes as he can. You don’t sit 7’2” with his talent more than 5 minutes per half if there isn’t foul trouble.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
You don’t sit 7’2” with his talent more than 5 minutes per half if there isn’t foul trouble

Unless you can and want him fresh at the end of the season.
Exactly.

Hurley said during this past year's tournament that part of the problem the prior two years was that Sanogo was worn down, due to minutes played, by the time the tournament started.

I love Clingan and in all candor he's done an amazing job in improving his conditioning from when he was in high school. That said, I see no way that he is in better condition than Sanogo was at this point in his career at UConn. There may be games where Clingan plays 32+ minutes but I will be stunned if his season average is beyond 27-28 MPG.

Reaction Score
The only way Samson Johnson takes a big chunk of his minutes will be due to foul trouble. I assume he will be in good enough game shape for 32-35 so let’s see what happens. Hope he keeps his hands up and doesn’t reach much. He can put up impact numbers in 26-28 minutes anyway.
I don't see him having the stamina to play 32-35 and, besides, I like the idea of the two headed monster where each guy gets meaningful minutes but neither gets worn out as AS did two years ago.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We're not about All Americans or Blue Chips, we're all about blue collars

And it works

Let them have the hype, I want the rings

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads