Dickie V All America Team | The Boneyard

Dickie V All America Team

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I see we have no one projected on any of the first three teams. That’s ok we did not have one All America last year and we dominated the tourney. What do we think? Does any current player on our team deserve some level of consideration for All America 1st, 2nd or 3rd team? I could get behind Clingan being considered, I mean we are in everyone’s top ten as a team. So we have talent……

Reaction Score
I don't know if Clingan will play enough minutes to get in. Hurley wants another two-headed monster like last season with Adama and DC, but this time with DC and Samson.

Reaction Score
I see we have no one projected on any of the first three teams. That’s ok we did not have one All America last year and we dominated the tourney. What do we think? Does any current player on our team deserve some level of consideration for All America 1st, 2nd or 3rd team? I could get behind Clingan being considered, I mean we are in everyone’s top ten as a team. So we have talent……
Center is the best postion in college basketball but Clingan. He's better than all of them, IMO. We have the best roster in the country for next season as well, IMO. Duke is the only one I see who is in the argument.

Reaction Score
Clingan is the only guy that should get consideration, and by default he will be competing for 3rd team honors. Edey and Dickinson have 1st and 2nd team spots secured already. No reason to believe that Clingan can't fight for that final spot. Dominating Ryan Kalkbrenner twice this year will certainly help his case, let's hope that he can put together some strong performances against Creighton

Reaction Score
Clingan is the only guy that should get consideration, and by default he will be competing for 3rd team honors. Edey and Dickinson have 1st and 2nd team spots secured already. No reason to believe that Clingan can't fight for that final spot. Dominating Ryan Kalkbrenner twice this year will certainly help his case, let's hope that he can put together some strong performances against Creighton
Dickinson is wildly overrated. Edey is a bit too. Clingan is way better than them on defense.

Reaction Score
I think McDermott is going to find away to take kalkbrenner off DC.

Reaction Score
What
Hurley literally told Rothstein today that Clingan will get 26-28 minutes per game. That's not enough to make it. Every single guy that made an All-American team last season played at least 30 mpg and most of them 34+. Not gonna happen if Samson takes a chunk of his minutes.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Nice guy. Zero chance he actually has scouted or viewed tape on any of these players.

It's a proxy or ghost writer.

Reaction Score
Its hard for sophomores to make an AA, unless they play for dook. Since Clingan didn't start last year or play 'full' games, its easy to understand how oversights like this happens. Unlike the pundits, we are fortunate to see weekly progress, growth and potential. Clingan still has something to prove.

I think Karaban will be our next AA anyways, especially if Clingan leaves next year.

Reaction Score
Hurley literally told Rothstein today that Clingan will get 26-28 minutes per game. That's not enough to make it. Every single guy that made an All-American team last season played at least 30 mpg and most of them 34+. Not gonna happen if Samson takes a chunk of his minutes.

The only way SJ takes a big chunk of his minutes will be due to foul trouble. I assume he will be in good enough game shape for 32-35 so let’s see what happens. Hope he keeps his hands up and doesn’t reach much. He can put up impact numbers in 26-28 minutes anyway.

Reaction Score

Unless there is some minimum minutes per game requirement, I can't imagine he won't get in because he's 2 minutes shy

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
1 - When all is said and done I'll be amazed if DC isn't on the AA team.
2 - This is of far less importance than hardware. I want another ring and I imagine this is DC's priority as well.

Reaction Score
The only way Samson Johnson takes a big chunk of his minutes will be due to foul trouble. I assume he will be in good enough game shape for 32-35 so let’s see what happens. Hope he keeps his hands up and doesn’t reach much. He can put up impact numbers in 26-28 minutes anyway.
Hurley has said on more than 1 occasion this offseason that he wants to limit Clingan's minutes in the 26-28 mpg range. He even explained why. So if he starts playing him 32-35 mpg that means that the back ups really stink.

Reaction Score
The only way Samson Johnson takes a big chunk of his minutes will be due to foul trouble. I assume he will be in good enough game shape for 32-35 so let’s see what happens. Hope he keeps his hands up and doesn’t reach much. He can put up impact numbers in 26-28 minutes anyway.

You haven't been paying attention. Wall potential.

Reaction Score
Unless there is some minimum minutes per game requirement, I can't imagine he won't get in because he's 2 minutes shy
He's not getting in over Edey, Dickinson, and Bacot who are all going to play more minutes than him.

Reaction Score
You're being that guy, don't be that guy.
I'm a realist, simple as that.

Edey: Senior + NPOY
Dickinson: Senior + All-American
Bacot: 5th year senior + All-American

Who cares anyway? Clingan can enjoy another national title before getting picked in the lottery while these guys disappear into obscurity after their college careers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom