Diarra was the MVP | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Diarra was the MVP

Reaction Score
He has been absolutely invaluable, especially lately. I forgot he was a 4 star recruit, top 75 guy who starred at Putnam Science. Has another year after this year. I wouldn’t be surprised if he starts at some point. What a fantastic under there radar pickup by the staff getting this guy.
Does he not have 2 years of eligibility left after this year?

Reaction Score
Diarra, like Alleyne, are like silent ninja warriors.

We might not hear much from them for a few games and then BAM they finish a game as one of the top players. Same could be said for so many players on this team: they can't all have big games every game, but with this depth, it'll be a different guy or two each game. So many X-factors.

For those who forgot, Diarra hit a lot of big shots for Texas A&M, especially towards the end of the season:

Diarra's last 14 games at Texas A&M:

8.2 points, 1.9 assists, 1.6 turnovers, 45.5 2p%, 1.0 3PM, 37.8 3p%, 2.9 FTA, 80.5 ft% in 18.9 mpg

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
I wouldn't worry too much about his FT%, historically he's a lot closer to 70 than 50. I'll go with "lack of reps in game as a Husky" for why his #s are where they are.

Wow, for the smallest guy on the team he sure plays hard plus he's fast and crafty. He's come in a few times recently and really made a difference, I think we're all saying the same thing - damn, our team is DEEP.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Daniels was whining a bunch. In second half he had one of his back down the defender offensive "plays" and kept backing Hawkins down. Eventually Daniels decided to try and shoot and Hawkins just stood there and the shot went no where. Daniels immediate reaction was to throw up both hands and look to the refs for a foul. Next possession Diarra blows by him and Daniels clearly brings his arm down across Diarra as Diarra goes up for the lay up. I think that was Daniels' fourth foul. Again, Daniels looks at the ref incredulously.
Yes, he thought the refs didn't understand that he was to inherit the never-at-fault mantle from Gillespie. Sorry, that ship has sailed. Party is over.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Diarra is a problem for the opposition. They might think they are getting a “backup” PG. What they get is a ferocious defender who can handle the ball and drive, draw, and dish. He can also hit a shot here or there. At the open scrimmage, I felt he was the best PG on the team.
Take a look at the minutes played by Villanova (ESPN box score). DH brings Diarra in for the last 10 minutes and turns up the defensive pressure led by Diarra. What a nightmare.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
His ability to speed up the ball handler and force turnovers is crucial in grit and grind games like this. Gonna be a key player in march for sure.
2266A9F1-F594-44CD-87FD-8406643279BA.jpeg

Diarra reminds me of this March madness star

Reaction Score
Does he not have 2 years of eligibility left after this year?
From what I read, he’s a junior but would get the extra COVID year, can anyone confirm that? Two more years would be awesome.

Reaction Score
From what I read, he’s a junior but would get the extra COVID year, can anyone confirm that? Two more years would be awesome.
You're right (and I'm right, kind of). I recalled hearing that he had 2 years, but that includes this year. So yes, next year is his senior year, and he has the possibility of coming back the following year because of the covid year.

Reaction Score
I agree. Karaban surprisingly, or maybe unsurprisingly, leads the team in minutes played. Having a different type of player come off the bench at the 4 (much longer and athletic) to spell him can only help and gives Hurley something different to use.

The team just has so many different looks to employ. It's a great luxury.
Somewhat surprising that he leads the team in minutes played since he’s a freshman, but due to his versatility, I believe he should be a Top 3 minutes played guy alongside Jackson and Hawkins. Sanogo would be next since he has Clingan to spell him and Newton would be fifth.

Reaction Score
Somewhat surprising that he leads the team in minutes played since he’s a freshman, but due to his versatility, I believe he should be a Top 3 minutes played guy alongside Jackson and Hawkins. Sanogo would be next since he has Clingan to spell him and Newton would be fifth.

I believe Newton leads the team in minutes at 27.6 and Karaban is second at 27.5.

Reaction Score
Diarra MVP hands down.Got into their G something awful.
If some guard is torching us Hurley is breaking him out no question much quicker than in the past.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom