Diarra was the MVP | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Diarra was the MVP

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
We're seeing the value of that depth. Diarra was needed to carry the load tonight and he stepped up. When Samson is back we'll have a legit 5 guys who can carry us off the bench when called upon at times.
I would not count on a big pick up when he gets back. AK gets better every game. Johnson may be able to shoot but no way he can take and make as many big threes as AK. He is pure cold blooded.

Reaction Score
Hurley has such riches as his disposal. A guy like Diarra can come off the bench and shift momentum when Newton wasn't getting it done. Last game it was him and Calcaterra.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Karaban is awesome but Samson will absolutely help. Even at a minimum he will give Karaban a rest which will be big during the Big East grind. Having a 6'10 guy with a lot of athleticism and talent will be a help and there will be times where he is needed.
He’s in a great spot when he comes back. I’m rooting for him to make the most of it.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Karaban is awesome but Samson will absolutely help. Even at a minimum he will give Karaban a rest which will be big during the Big East grind. Having a 6'10 guy with a lot of athleticism and talent will be a help and there will be times where he is needed.
Yeah in certain games Samson will be needed when teams have 2 bigs. He’ll help out a lot defensively. Kinda expect it to take time though since he pretty much has no playing experience at this point coming in cold during the middle of the season.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yeah in certain games Samson will be needed when teams have 2 bigs. He’ll help out a lot defensively. Kinda expect it to take time though since he pretty much has no playing experience at this point coming in cold during the middle of the season.

Yep. Even if Johnson is just giving 6-10 minutes of running hard, hustling and rim running, he's wearing down someone on the opposing team.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He destroyed Daniels defensively. He was not having of that back me down crap. Two straight games hes played well. All he needs to do is play D, run the offense and take whatever shots are given when they are there. No need to look for his shot. Just do what he did tonight and last game and our pg concerns go away. He was excellent tonight.

Daniels was whining a bunch. In second half he had one of his back down the defender offensive "plays" and kept backing Hawkins down. Eventually Daniels decided to try and shoot and Hawkins just stood there and the shot went no where. Daniels immediate reaction was to throw up both hands and look to the refs for a foul. Next possession Diarra blows by him and Daniels clearly brings his arm down across Diarra as Diarra goes up for the lay up. I think that was Daniels' fourth foul. Again, Daniels looks at the ref incredulously.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don’t know that I would give Diarra the MVP, but I would definitely give him the Clingan’s Tooth Award for toughness.

5827AACC-644B-4954-8408-55FCA462EF05.jpeg

Clingan’s Tooth was cracked, knocked out, bonded back together, and shoved back into his mouth. Some teeth are just tougher than others.

Reaction Score
I agree. Karaban surprisingly, or maybe unsurprisingly, leads the team in minutes played. Having a different type of player come off the bench at the 4 (much longer and athletic) to spell him can only help and gives Hurley something different to use.

The team just has so many different looks to employ. It's a great luxury.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Diarra is a problem for the opposition. They might think they are getting a “backup” PG. What they get is a ferocious defender who can handle the ball and drive, draw, and dish. He can also hit a shot here or there. At the open scrimmage, I felt he was the best PG on the team.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
It's really hard to have 9 or 10 guys that are good enough to play high level basketball, because they're going to have to buy into not playing as many minutes as they may deserve. Hurley has done an incredible job getting everyone to commit to being ready to play their role, even if it means they go a few games without playing much. Joey last week, Diarra tonight, Alleyne a few weeks ago...they all come in despite sitting the bench most of the time and give us a burst of energy. This is huge, because no matter how good your team is your great players are going to have an off night here and there. Newton is a little off defensively? No problem, bring in Diarra and let him do his thing. Karaban has a rough 2nd half against Georgetown? No problem, Joey C is here to make you pay.

Reaction Score
He has been absolutely invaluable, especially lately. I forgot he was a 4 star recruit, top 75 guy who starred at Putnam Science. Has another year after this year. I wouldn’t be surprised if he starts at some point. What a fantastic under there radar pickup by the staff getting this guy.

Reaction Score
It’s pretty clear that the staff pulled the heist of a lifetime in the Transfer Portal.

Diarra, Newton, Alleyne, Cali all have helped to make this team phenomenal.

Their success is going to help us snag some top-tier transfers this year again too.

Assuming Jordan and Joey are both gone, we will definitely need to find another couple shooters in the portal. If Alleyne and/or Newton leave, we'll need a couple more bodies as well.

Reaction Score
Daniels was whining a bunch. In second half he had one of his back down the defender offensive "plays" and kept backing Hawkins down. Eventually Daniels decided to try and shoot and Hawkins just stood there and the shot went no where. Daniels immediate reaction was to throw up both hands and look to the refs for a foul. Next possession Diarra blows by him and Daniels clearly brings his arm down across Diarra as Diarra goes up for the lay up. I think that was Daniels' fourth foul. Again, Daniels looks at the ref incredulously.
Villanova basketball

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom