Diaco's possible defensive looks for the season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Diaco's possible defensive looks for the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't think we should minimize Diaco's experience in terms of game planning for BYU. He knows plenty about them and they know diddly about us.

I agree with you, but BYU has spent the whole off season preparing for the same Diaco defense he ran at ND. Coming out with a different approach in game one would be a brilliant move by Diaco. Take advantage of the crowd noise and attack this QB.

Reaction Score
I agree with you, but BYU has spent the whole off season preparing for the same Diaco defense he ran at ND. Coming out with a different approach in game one would be a brilliant move by Diaco. Take advantage of the crowd noise and attack this QB.

We could only wish they prep for Diaco's defense from ND.

I'm hoping Diaco doesn't pull a GDL and force the whole d package all at once. I hope we see more 4/3 schemes than 3/4.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Have you found "Steward" on the 2 deep yet? I'm still looking.

So, Stewart says its Stewart but Palatine says its Steward.

Who is right? Hard to day. This is Palatine vs. NASA all over again.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Thanks for the links- very informative.

Reaction Score
Prince Shembo and Stephon Tuitt were maniacs in HCBD's defense. I can't wait to see what Frank and McBryde can do in this defense.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately not. Nix and Pruitt were ND's best defensive players and were All Americans. I'd take them over the overrated Te'o.

As a long time ND fan I loved both Nix and Tuitt, and think Tuitt will be a great pro in Pittsburgh, but Teo was the heart and soul of that defense.

Reaction Score
Jimdish255 said:
If Stewart is moving well he could be the coverage guy over the TE ~ Dog
In my season tickets, all I know is you better represent well. Left work early, and kicking back catching up with the Boneyard poolside beats a late night working. Enjoy the game. Go UCONN!

Reaction Score
Don't confuse palatine with Facts. He is solid in his opinion.
I am giving you the facts. The UConn two deep lists 4 DL and 3 LB. That isn't an opnion it's an objective verifiable fact. Not surprised you don't know the difference.

Just wondering why Diaco choose to do it that way. He could set up the two deep any way he wishes.

Good catch on my spelling though, very impressive.

BTW, here's the depth chart. Can you still deny it while looking at it?

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...2014-15/misc_non_event/post-camp-two-deep.pdf

Reaction Score
I am giving you the facts. The UConn two deep lists 4 DL and 3 LB. That isn't an opnion it's an objective verifiable fact. Not surprised you don't know the difference.

Just wondering why Diaco choose to do it that way. He could set up the two deep any way he wishes.

Good catch on my spelling though, very impressive.

BTW, here's the depth chart. Can you still deny it while looking at it?

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...2014-15/misc_non_event/post-camp-two-deep.pdf

Your ability to look at things in black and white without any shades of grey or context is impressive.

Diaco is on record stating that Frank will by a HYBRID DE/LB. Sometimes he will be standing up and other times he will have his hand on the ground. Wing provided you with the quotes.

If you're wondering why Diaco "chose" to list Frank as a DE, that's another story. I'd imagine that crowd is a population of 1.

Reaction Score
Your ability to look at things in black and white without any shades of grey or context is impressive.

Diaco is on record stating that Frank will by a HYBRID DE/LB. Sometimes he will be standing up and other times he will have his hand on the ground. Wing provided you with the quotes.

If you're wondering why Diaco "chose" to list Frank as a DE, that's another story. I'd imagine that crowd is a population of 1.
I just asked a question. You don't have an answer, fine. Just say you don't know. Don't attack me for asking a relevant question.

Notre Dame runs a 3-4 and has 3 DL and 4 LBs on it's depth chart, same with the Jets. Don't you find that a bit odd? We played a 4-3 in the spring game. And that's how the depth chart is set up. I find it interesting, since the subject of this thread is about defensive looks.

I ask the most innocent of questions and you go off the rails.

Reaction Score
I just asked a question. You don't have an answer, fine. Just say you don't know. Don't attack me for asking a relevant question.

Notre Dame runs a 3-4 and has 3 DL and 4 LBs on it's depth chart, same with the Jets. Don't you find that a bit odd? We played a 4-3 in the spring game. And that's how the depth chart is set up. I find it interesting, since the subject of this thread is about defensive looks.

We've answered your question to the best of our ability short of getting inside Diaco's head for the deep underlying reason. He's stated that they are going to run both a combo of both the 4-3 and 3-4. He's stated that Frank/Ormsby will play a hybrid role. He's stated (thank God) they they will not put kids in a position to fail (unlike PGDL).

So DE or LB, doesn't really matter to me.

Reaction Score

Boom.

That isn't an opnion it's an objective verifiable fact.

"objective verifiable fact". umm, this isn't science and are you trying to sound smart or something? And even if it were science, a scientific fact is an objective and verifiable observation. And opinions have nothing to do with scientific fact. A theory or hypothesis might be a way to interperet facts.

Regardless, who gives a rats a $ $ where the dude is on a two deep? As long as it doesnt say Frank = PK then nobody cares.

Reaction Score

This is the boneyard. We all get harrassed from time to time for no reason. I think it's all in good brotherly fun.
now get it straight will ya! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek