Diaco's Open Practices | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Diaco's Open Practices

Do you think this new open practice policy is beneficial to the team?

• Yes

• No

• Another Diaco media ploy

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Let's get something clear - It's my understanding that Diaco intends to have open media access for practices during game weeks - for the duration of the season. If I'm wrong about that, somebody correct me. If that is the case, then I've made my opinion quite clear. There is a reason that nobody does that anywhere in any level of big time money football.

Now - the reality is that Diaco appears to be quite intelligent, and really, if it's done right, and everybody is on board, including the media, it's got the potential to be a counter-intelligence nightmare for anyone that actually might be trying to gain an edge with information. But that's making a leap of faith in a lot of people that I just can't do.

I don't expect anyone really to believe anything I'm writing anyway or led any credence to it, but I simply don't trust this coaching staff and the media following we have to be able to pull this off and not be giving meaningful info out during game weeks that shouldn't be available to our opponents. Who is actually banged up and hurt and practicing is just one of the many, many little bits and pieces of info that doesn't need to be made known to opponents but leaks out like sieve when the media is allowed open access to a football team.

Carl you do know it doesn't take a constitutional amendment to change the policy right? If something happens that impacts them negatively they could change it....

How many do you think will even take them up? Dez and Wayne Norman and the Daily Campus sometimes?

Someone from the Register is going to make 2+ hour round trips to Storrs? Is there any outlet sending reporters to road games other than the Courant at this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate
Top Bottom