Diaco's Open Practices | The Boneyard

Diaco's Open Practices

Do you think this new open practice policy is beneficial to the team?

• Yes

• No

• Another Diaco media ploy

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I really want to see what you guys think about this new open practice policy. Do you think it will be popular and help create a more competitive practice atmosphere? I truly belive it has the potential to help the team and increase fan excitement, but part of me feels like this is just another media play by Diaco to get UConn football in the news. Share your thoughts! @Justin M @Drew

Reaction Score
I vote no because I have not yet developed any confidence in both the coaching staff or our media following not to be tipping off opponent scouts to what we're doing. This is all assuming of course that we are actually going to preparing and practicing game plan specific to each opponent on the schedule.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Listen, I don't think its going to help the team on the field... What they do in practice is what they do.

But it will help the program in terms of added exposure, and more opportunities for Diaco, staff and players to get in front of media, which is always a good thing. Name me a program anywhere in the country that doesn't want more publicity- it helps w/ fans, ticket sales, recruiting, everything.

Reaction Score
The in-season access has nothing to do w/ competitive practice atmosphere and everything to do w/ promoting UConn football and soothing the media who rightfully were whining last year about access. If abused, he/they can always reverse course and dial it back.

Reaction Score
I disagree with all of this. Nothing generates publicity like winning games. There is a time when promotion and publicity needs to have boundaries.

There are two things I've been involved with nearly my entire adult life, and they break down into intelligence and operations. That's all football is really anyway, and that's why I can't get enough of it. It's intelligence and operations in large scale athletic competition. Awesome.

Trust me, there is nothing out there in the world other than true governmental, military, or corporate espionage that rivals what happens in organized big money football, and that includes division 1 college football. You got to look out for the gambling degenerates as much as the opponent scouts. Calling whaler11, come in whaler11. LOL.

I don't like the idea of open media practices. That's all I'll write on this though, promise. I cast my vote, and I've explained it.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I'd say beneficial to the program because of exposure. Give the writers what they want and they're more likely to put positive spins on things which can help general perception. Won't impact how hardcores on a message board view anything but to the general population it's probably a net positive.

Probably not much impact on W-L one way or the other.

Reaction Score
I'd say beneficial to the program because of exposure. Give the writers what they want and they're more likely to put positive spins on things which can help general perception. Won't impact how hardcores on a message board view anything but to the general population it's probably a net positive.

LOL. Aren't you the guy that Edsall freaked out about looking at practices from the dorm window? If not - I apologize for singling you out.

Reaction Score
At this stage of THIS version of UConn football there isn't a lot to hide anyways seeing as it's still a rebuilding project versus a well oiled machine needing tweaks(freshmen finding their place)) so make nice with the paparazzi and do the sneaky stuff when they aren't looking;)

Reaction Score

It's this. Added exposure plus the media can be your best friend or worst enemy. If Diaco handles this right it can be a big asset.

Reaction Score
I don't think we have a whole lot to hide. Diaco has already made it clear what kind of team he wants. If he has things up his sleeve that he doesn't want the public to see, he wouldn't put them on display for everyone to see anyway. Don't see how this can be anything but a good thing for the program.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The in-season access has nothing to do w/ competitive practice atmosphere and everything to do w/ promoting UConn football and soothing the media who rightfully were whining last year about access. If abused, he/they can always reverse course and dial it back.

I don't think the media was in the right to whine about open practices last year. Diaco needed the players to focus on what they were being taught and he needed it to be second nature. Media standing on the sidelines is a distraction, no matter how you slice it. The team is probably closer to what Diaco wants this year. They certainly seem to be from an S&C perspective.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I disagree with all of this. Nothing generates publicity like winning games. There is a time when promotion and publicity needs to have boundaries.

There are two things I've been involved with nearly my entire adult life, and they break down into intelligence and operations. That's all football is really anyway, and that's why I can't get enough of it. It's intelligence and operations in large scale athletic competition. Awesome.

Trust me, there is nothing out there in the world other than true governmental, military, or corporate espionage that rivals what happens in organized big money football, and that includes division 1 college football. You got to look out for the gambling degenerates as much as the opponent scouts. Calling whaler11, come in whaler11. LOL.

I don't like the idea of open media practices. That's all I'll write on this though, promise. I cast my vote, and I've explained it.

U R mad as a hatter. Did someone replace your morning coffee with a glass of mercury?

Reaction Score
I don't think we have a whole lot to hide. Diaco has already made it clear what kind of team he wants. If he has things up his sleeve that he doesn't want the public to see, he wouldn't put them on display for everyone to see anyway. Don't see how this can be anything but a good thing for the program.
This is all good for the football program. Exposer is what we fans have been craving. More eyes on the product means more people to see and read about the up and coming FBS team in the north. And more media coverage means more interest will be peaked by the P-5 schools that may be looking for teams to join in their leagues. I know it's a little on the carried away side, but isn't exposer exactly what we have been praying for? This is not a case of "no news is good news"; it's a case of "more news is good news".

Reaction Score
Why is a raven like a writing desk?

A riddle. From the Lewis Carroll classic, Alice In Wonderland. Carroll himself said "the riddle has no answer, unless it does. But it doesn't, however it might." the riddle is unsolved, except in China. They know everything. It is often used to confuse or befuddle a friend.

Reaction Score
A riddle. From the Lewis Carroll classic, Alice In Wonderland. Carroll himself said "the riddle has no answer, unless it does. But it doesn't, however it might." the riddle is unsolved, except in China. They know everything. It is often used to confuse or befuddle a friend.

I haven't the slightest idea what you're going on about, unless I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom