Diaco's most bizarre moves. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Diaco's most bizarre moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't have a problem with this. At least we now know he's not the answer at QB either.
Does anyone know why the kid from Southington, Jasen Rose, left the program?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This would be the reason too, no one knows after he played in this offensive scheme with that offensive line protecting him as well as trying to open holes. Unfair to even take anything away at this point.

Well - I have seen enough...its very unlikely he will be the answer.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
This would be the reason too, no one knows after he played in this offensive scheme with that offensive line protecting him as well as trying to open holes. Unfair to even take anything away at this point.
Good point....Tom Brady probably couldn't be successful with this lame offensive scheme. I guess I shouldn't give up on the kid yet....not really fair to him.

Reaction Score
Good point....Tom Brady probably couldn't be successful with this lame offensive scheme. I guess I shouldn't give up on the kid yet....not really fair to him.

Yeah in all reality though there are things that make you wonder if he's the guy so your point is also well taken. But he's a young kid with the tools, a staff who can help he become someone is in order before we give up on him or anyone. I mean shooting 2 blanks in a row on coaching decisions have left the program in a state of W-T-F. PP was just a incredibly awful decision and this one turned out retched bizarre. I know they don't want to throw money out the window but Benedict has to do the right thing here no matter. And during the discussion to boot him they should ask him if he really has the balls to take the 5M because he did very little coaching?

Reaction Score
Sure, going for it 4 and 18 from the 19 yard line was right up there especially since it would have helped the offense's confidence and put a little pressure on the opponent.

Some of my favs.

Very first game BYU, start of the second half. Casey takes the second half KO, moves the team down the field picking up a number of first downs. We get to the red zone, BYU 20, Diaco pulls Casey and puts in Whitmer. Whitmer takes back to back sacks. No points. Game over.

Navy, the Johnson run. Who needs three chances to win, when you don't even know what down it is? That's a classic.

USF, Diaco runs the ball 15 straight times making one first down because he is afraid to pass. Team gains 57 yards total running. We lose 17-14. (Byron Jones INT TD and garbage time score.)

I'm sure folks have other favorite Diaco mind blowers.
I have no intention of changing the direction of your thread title of Diaco's Most Bizarre Moves, which has the potential to become an extremely long one. ;)
Sadly there is enough material for this topic to be done in volumes. :(:mad: It could also have been posted as Most of Diaco's Moves & What He Says Are Bizarre....:D

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Maybe he realized that he had made a huge mistake signing with Crazy Bobby...

Reaction Score
His 'get your tickets now' declaration at the opening presser.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I heard he missed his girlfriend so he decided to go to school (CCSU?) with her

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Exhibition games. Who can forget those precious exhibition games.

The entire 2014 season is the correct answer. UConn has made a series of mistakes over the years that has affected its CR profile but this one is the one that was 1) totally unnecessary and 2) perhaps most damaging. We used the entire 2014 year as a practice season in the spirit of "progress". What 2014 actually did was cement losing habits with players who were not ready to play at the collegiate level (and some still aren't), all the while losing more fans, more games and hurting our football reputation. The Big 12 expansion was 1000% about football and football only and our 2014 "practice season" did not help.

Reaction Score
Starting a freshman QB with a rookie Offensive Coordinator when you need to win out to make a bowl game and you are playing one of the best defenses on your schedule.

Demote Verducci? Fine. Promote Williams? Fine. Just not both at the same freaking time. I would have liked to see Verducci coaching Williams just so we could have had a fair comparison.

Reaction Score
The entire 2014 season is the correct answer. UConn has made a series of mistakes over the years that has affected its CR profile but this one is the one that was 1) totally unnecessary and 2) perhaps most damaging. We used the entire 2014 year as a practice season in the spirit of "progress". What 2014 actually did was cement losing habits with players who were not ready to play at the collegiate level (and some still aren't), all the while losing more fans, more games and hurting our football reputation. The Big 12 expansion was 1000% about football and football only and our 2014 "practice season" did not help.

And RKG's. I don't want to hear another gd reference to RKG's every again. It's like hearing the word "prototype".

We need to recruit football players. Our recruiting has been a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom