Diaco's most bizarre moves. | The Boneyard

Diaco's most bizarre moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sure, going for it 4 and 18 from the 19 yard line was right up there especially since it would have helped the offense's confidence and put a little pressure on the opponent.

Some of my favs.

Very first game BYU, start of the second half. Casey takes the second half KO, moves the team down the field picking up a number of first downs. We get to the red zone, BYU 20, Diaco pulls Casey and puts in Whitmer. Whitmer takes back to back sacks. No points. Game over.

Navy, the Johnson run. Who needs three chances to win, when you don't even know what down it is? That's a classic.

USF, Diaco runs the ball 15 straight times making one first down because he is afraid to pass. Team gains 57 yards total running. We lose 17-14. (Byron Jones INT TD and garbage time score.)

I'm sure folks have other favorite Diaco mind blowers.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Whatever game it was this year where they lined up for the FG in some obscure formation to then rush into a real position and have Puyol kick, and miss, it at the last second. If you are going to kick the dang ball just line up and kick the thing. Puyol is solid and if I recall correctly it wasn't even that long of a kick. I can't even recall what game it was because all of the games have just become one running nightmare at this point.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Maybe Medic could compile our list like he does with recruiting.

-The bogus backstory on the decision to start DW ("put me in coach -okay!")
-Plays a base defense 95% of the snaps....never discovered nickel until 30 games in.
-I always thought his two QB press conference in his initial season went down odd (Whitmer and Cochran).

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Challenging a clear catch right in front of him yesterday when the result was 4th and 4 and a 40 yd FG attempt from a shaky kicker was ummmm dumb.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I knew he was a joke along with a few others on here from Game 1 of Season 1 with that 2 QB system key starter, key back up BS.

Ha. That was ridiculous. I think he called them "1 and 1A"...

Reaction Score
I knew he was a joke along with a few others on here from Game 1 of Season 1 with that 2 QB system key starter, key back up BS.
How about the press conference a few days before? Non key starters vs Key non staryers? Most bizarre thing I've ever seen from a coach before ever coaching his 1st game.

He will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Reaction Score
Indicating to the fanbase that he did not look at prior year game tapes to review an inheriting group of players when he first arrived.
Not giving TJ Weist adequate consideration.
Phasing out Mike foley by having Cummings as the OC in the first year regardless of Foley O/L accomplishments;
Parading out the 4 QB's before announcing a starter in year 1.
Hiring Mike Cummings then having him hang on in lessening roles.
Exhibition season in year 1.
Pi$$ Poor game clock management in too many games to remember.
Tremendous "punt return" game.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
How about the press conference a few days before? Non key starters vs Key non staryers? Most bizarre thing I've ever seen from a coach before ever coaching his 1st game.

He will be laughing all the way to the bank.
Borrowed from the CR board to relate to the fan base...

Reaction Score
Sure, going for it 4 and 18 from the 19 yard line was right up there especially since it would have helped the offense's confidence and put a little pressure on the opponent.

Some of my favs.

Very first game BYU, start of the second half. Casey takes the second half KO, moves the team down the field picking up a number of first downs. We get to the red zone, BYU 20, Diaco pulls Casey and puts in Whitmer. Whitmer takes back to back sacks. No points. Game over.

Navy, the Johnson run. Who needs three chances to win, when you don't even know what down it is? That's a classic.

USF, Diaco runs the ball 15 straight times making one first down because he is afraid to pass. Team gains 57 yards total running. We lose 17-14. (Byron Jones INT TD and garbage time score.)

I'm sure folks have other favorite Diaco mind blowers.
I think the most bizarre moves are yet to come, I can see him leading a ladies workout, red pants and all, on ESPN2 during weekday mornings along with Richard Simmons.

Reaction Score
As bad as his moves have been on the field, and Lord knows there are so many, his worst move may have been wasting Williams red shirt to come in this late with a team that was already struggling mightily in all facets of the game. It's head scratching to say the least and could create a confidence factor for the poor kid now.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
As bad as his moves have been on the field, and Lord knows there are so many, his worst move may have been wasting Williams red shirt to come in this late with a team that was already struggling mightily in all facets of the game. It's head scratching to say the least and could create a confidence factor for the poor kid now.
I don't have a problem with this. At least we now know he's not the answer at QB either.

Reaction Score
I don't have a problem with this. At least we now know he's not the answer at QB either.

This would be the reason too, no one knows after he played in this offensive scheme with that offensive line protecting him as well as trying to open holes. Unfair to even take anything away at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom