Diaco's debut at Nebraska | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Diaco's debut at Nebraska

Reaction Score
You know this cheap used car salesman will tout shutting them out in the 2nd half to promote his brand.
X100 - All About the Diaco personal brand... the only thing exceptional is the ability to con everyone in the face of facts to the contrary.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
strain...I thought I'd never hear that word again...

Reaction Score
Larry the Cabble guy is a BIG Cornhusker fan

DJUG9ZhVoAAaMqH.jpg

Larry The Cable Guy‏Verified account @GitRDoneLarry 6h6 hours ago
"Explain to me again this bending no breaking thing. I think I understand the bend it's the break thing I'm struggling with."
Larry The Cable Guy‏Verified account @GitRDoneLarry 5h5 hours ago
I'm headed out to punch a tree.
Larry The Cable Guy‏Verified account @GitRDoneLarry 6h6 hours ago
If your doing shots today after Oregon's TD's you'll be blowing a 4.0 with 5 minutes to go in the half!

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Hey, he coached a great 2nd half

or did OR stop playing? IDK

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Chalk it up to halftime adjustments if you want, but me thinks it had a lot more to do with Oregon taking its foot off the gas.
All part of the Red Pants experience. There's always a reason to believe that things will get better, they just never do.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
My biggest take away from watching the game was the amount of Nebraska fans at the game. Obviously playing at Oregon is a really big deal but Jesus what do people do for a living in the Midwest where all the fans of all these schools just uproot and fly across the country for games every weekend?

Reaction Score
Skimming through Diaco mentions, Nebraska fans seem to think 1) he made good adjustments in 2nd half and 2) he just needs to coach from the sidelines.

Poor naive Huskers fans.

Acceptance takes time and they are just starting out. Once they have had their Diaco slammed in a door a few times, the reality of the situation will set in.

The first time you get your Diaco slammed in a door you think "man, hope that never happens again!" By the third or 4th time you begin to worry..."how the heck is my Diaco going to survive this?" It is only after you accept your Diaco is always in peril do you realize the full gravity of the situation. Then the pain really sets in and you pray for the numbness of shock.

It was the Navy game for me. My Diaco still hasn't fully recovered. I give Nebraska fans about 5 more weeks.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Skimming through Diaco mentions, Nebraska fans seem to think 1) he made good adjustments in 2nd half and 2) he just needs to coach from the sidelines.

Poor naive Huskers fans.

Bringing his insanity to the sideline where he can directly inflict it on the players is not a good idea for anyone concerned. These 'Husker fans are like helpless lambs being led to slaughter. They have my heartfelt sympathy, but I still want to see their team crash and burn all season long.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
My biggest take away from watching the game was the amount of Nebraska fans at the game. Obviously playing at Oregon is a really big deal but Jesus what do people do for a living in the Midwest where all the fans of all these schools just uproot and fly across the country for games every weekend?

They travel amazingly well. When I was at KU we were their closest league opponent so it was like an invasion. Incredible to see really.

Reaction Score
I'm a Husky fan who moved out to Huskerland in 1999. I initially learned that It's a much happier place when the Huskers win, so I started rooting for them to win. Over the years I've actually started to look forward to games. However, I don' follow them as religiously as my friends and neighbors, ie, who's who, recruits etc. I do know that the 3-4 defensive scheme relies heavily on the play of the DB's against a quick pass team (which isn't the BIG 10), so they are exposed against the Ark States and Oregons of the world.

In all fairness to Diaco, his defensive backfield consists of 2 first year corners, a safety that was converted from the corner and is missing it's best DB to a season ending injury during the summer. Growing pains was expected and for 3 halfs the world saw it, quite painfully. The second half yesterday may have been partly the result of O "taking their foot off the gas", but there was also a marked difference in the play of the DB's.

I was a bit surprised that the D didn't just collapse (as they did on the last 2 1st half TD's), but came out with avengeance. I have to give Diaco credit for that. Next week is a sacrificial lamb game. If we see the D play the game they played in the 2nd half yesterday there is hope. If they come out an play like the first half, Diaco might as well pack his bags.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I totally disagree on the comparisons between Fleck and Diaco. I was posting about Fleck before Western Michigan blew up. The difference is completely obvious - Fleck is completely sincere - Diaco is a lying loser.

Reaction Score
I'm a Husky fan who moved out to Huskerland in 1999. I initially learned that It's a much happier place when the Huskers win, so I started rooting for them to win. Over the years I've actually started to look forward to games. However, I don' follow them as religiously as my friends and neighbors, ie, who's who, recruits etc. I do know that the 3-4 defensive scheme relies heavily on the play of the DB's against a quick pass team (which isn't the BIG 10), so they are exposed against the Ark States and Oregons of the world.

In all fairness to Diaco, his defensive backfield consists of 2 first year corners, a safety that was converted from the corner and is missing it's best DB to a season ending injury during the summer. Growing pains was expected and for 3 halfs the world saw it, quite painfully. The second half yesterday may have been partly the result of O "taking their foot off the gas", but there was also a marked difference in the play of the DB's.

I was a bit surprised that the D didn't just collapse (as they did on the last 2 1st half TD's), but came out with avengeance. I have to give Diaco credit for that. Next week is a sacrificial lamb game. If we see the D play the game they played in the 2nd half yesterday there is hope. If they come out an play like the first half, Diaco might as well pack his bags.
I feel for you @Husker Husky. You're suffering from delusions of grandeur. We (Uconn fans) have been there with Diaco. Oregon did everything they could to keep the clock moving. I'm sure Diaco will play the, "We played hard, we made adjustments and executed in the second half." B.S., but the numbers show Oregon played slow and conservative.

Oregon's Offensive Production (or lack there of):
1Q - 9 rush/12 pass
2Q - 11 rush/13 pass
First Half - Rush: 20-96 Pass: 21-25-313
3Q - 8 rush/7 pass
4Q - 16 rush/1 pass (only pass attempt was on their 1st possession of 4Q, Oregon called 15 straight runs after that)
Second Half - Rush: 24-105 Pass: 4-8-52

Last edited:
Reaction Score

If the words "hope", "getting better", "process", "live" and "if we just execute like we did in part x of game" you've already been Diacowinked.

Reaction Score
Update:

Rocky Top, you'll always be losing most uniquely

The Bottom 10 inspirational thought of the week:

"The confidence comes because you prepare, and then you have something good that happens to you, and then you feel good about it, and then you prepare better because you feel good about it, and then something else good happens to you, and then you feel better about yourself, so you prepare harder, and then more good things happen. And it just keeps spiraling. Something other than that would be just false, fake confidence that might be OK in pregame, but once the ball turns over, it won't have lasting effects."

--- - Bob Diaco, Nebraska defensive coordinator

Reaction Score
Acceptance takes time and they are just starting out. Once they have had their Diaco slammed in a door a few times, the reality of the situation will set in.

The first time you get your Diaco slammed in a door you think "man, hope that never happens again!" By the third or 4th time you begin to worry..."how the heck is my Diaco going to survive this?" It is only after you accept your Diaco is always in peril do you realize the full gravity of the situation. Then the pain really sets in and you pray for the numbness of shock.

It was the Navy game for me. My Diaco still hasn't fully recovered. I give Nebraska fans about 5 more weeks.

A+

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Update:

Rocky Top, you'll always be losing most uniquely

The Bottom 10 inspirational thought of the week:

"The confidence comes because you prepare, and then you have something good that happens to you, and then you feel good about it, and then you prepare better because you feel good about it, and then something else good happens to you, and then you feel better about yourself, so you prepare harder, and then more good things happen. And it just keeps spiraling. Something other than that would be just false, fake confidence that might be OK in pregame, but once the ball turns over, it won't have lasting effects."

--- - Bob Diaco, Nebraska defensive coordinator

They do a great job skewering poor old Bob in the article, I loved it.

Reaction Score
I'm at a conference right now run by a big Nebraska-based company. They have given up on the head coach, but none seem frustrated with Diaco. They range from not knowing much about him (but not blaming him for the defense) to think he's doing a solid job (latest loss was pinned on offensive woes and points off turnovers). I told them I'd be shocked if they don't get tired of his schtick sooner rather than later.

Reaction Score

Their quality of life is better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom