Diaco | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Diaco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Where are the HATERS now? Yeah it takes time on both team and coaching. The coaches WON the game today. Proud of the true fans who didn't turn tbere backs. Proud of team for fighting for us fans. All the haters who didn't think uconn would be good or diaco wasn't the the right person. HAHAHAHAH
I'm curious - the coaches won this game is your statement - who won the Tulane game?

C

Chief00

He's improving. I always believed in the players.

The sideline is still in disarray much of the time. But tonight is a night to be happy.
I tend to agree - celebrate tonight - but we won despite a lot of inexplicable crazy stuff that just comes across as very disorganized. I do respect him for not throwing players under the bus this season as GDL so often did.

Reaction Score
Congratulations to Diaco. As Purcells likes to say: you are as good as your record.
Don't know why fans stormed the field? Would Alabama fans storm the field over a win against Houston? We need to act like we have been there before because we have.
The good news is that we might get an invitation to join the ACC. The bad news is that we might get an invitation to join the ACC. The AAC with its Texas and Florida teams,
and its jazz teams, Memphis and Tulane, along with Navy could be the better league in the long run and the short one. ACC has 4 teams crammed into one state.
Only Florida St. is scary. Cuse, BC and Pitt are going nowhere and Louisville could be "stripped" of all legitimacy. AAC has major media markets plus the Dallas Cowboys show up for SMU basketball games, no small thing in Texas.
I was thinking the same thing about the AAC vs ACC but don't forget about Clemson, they have a legit shot at a national title. I think the biggest news this winter will be how many coaches the AAC can retain and if they do well there and continue this upward trend they could be sitting mighty pretty when the TV contract gets renewed in what.....I think 3 years?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Are you claiming that Houston's men's hoops team was capable of winning the 2014 national title?

You actually make my point for me. The original post in this thread is an obnoxious "I told you so" to those who have made very fair criticisms of Diaco this year. First of all, did he actually tell us so? Did he predict at the beginning of the season that UConn would win this game? Did he predict UConn would lose to Missouri because Diaco tried a fake fieldgoal, or to BYU because Diaco telegraphed an onside kick?

Or is he just turning a victory that everyone is happy about into a flame against other posters expecting the usual idiots to pile on?

Reaction Score
Nelson's last post is the first of his that I've ever liked. May be the only one I ever will.

This OP and the whole thread is just pathetic weak sauce.

Reaction Score
If UConn is good enough to beat Houston, how many games should the Huskies have won this year?

We won all the games we should have. We've had 9 Nostical wins and 2 losses, losing big on the road in the rain to a Cincy team where our soft zone betrayed us, and to a Navy team that hasn't gotten half of the national credit they deserve. (Navy will beat Houston and Temple and be in the New Years Bowl.) Other than those two, we've been awesome. What else do you want to know? p.s. We have the talent.

Reaction Score
Before you worry too much about pressing the slacks, you need to expend some effort getting some slacks. When Diaco arrived, we were not only standing around in our underwear but we had neither needle not thread nor cloth. So, yeah, the crease isn't very crisp yet but damn do I feel a lot better just wearing slacks.
This is just insane. The team was poorly lead by P. That's about it.

Reaction Score
The talent is absolutely there. Carrezola looks like a budding star, kid was a terror off the edge last night. Jamar Summers has been played very well this year and ranks 3rd Nationally with 7 INT's. The line held up great last night and stuff a rushing attack ranked 11th in the country averaging 240+ rushing yards per game. Uconn held them to 110 yards on the ground. Also, for a team that averaged 42+ points per game before the upset, Uconn kept them to 17 total points with 7 of those coming off a kick off return. I was impressed with the effort and energy the kids brought last night. Such a great victory and so proud of the team.

Reaction Score
I would say the defense won this game, not the coaches. Diaco has improved, but he still needs some damn game management skills, especially with calling plays. He wasted a few Timeouts getting play calls in which is frustrating to watch, but I am glad he is improving.

Reaction Score
I would say the defense won this game, not the coaches. Diaco has improved, but he still needs some damn game management skills, especially with calling plays. He wasted a few Timeouts getting play calls in which is frustrating to watch, but I am glad he is improving.
Who cares who everyone wants to pin this win on? It was a TEAM win. Offense controlled the ball and the clock. The defense controlled field position for the most part and the line of scrimmage. The players were coached up and put into position to let these guys be successful. It was a well called game on both sides of the ball. And both units executed and did enough to end up with the W. Uconn wanted it more last night and to me that all starts with the attitude of your leader, Coach Diaco.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I would say the defense won this game, not the coaches.

???

As someone who was critical of our 10-yard buffers against Cincy, I'll be the first one to say that the defensive game plan was PERFECT against Houston. Keep everything in front of you. Don't let them hit you big with their speed, and make them have to march methodically up the field. In the process, you force the turnovers. You can't do that against Gunner Kiel. But you could certainly do that against Postma. No doubt, it also helped that we were able to generate a nice pass rush with 4 and 5 regularly. But the coaches had the game plan perfect on this one...

Reaction Score
???

As someone who was critical of our 10-yard buffers against Cincy, I'll be the first one to say that the defensive game plan was PERFECT against Houston. Keep everything in front of you. Don't let them hit you big with their speed, and make them have to march methodically up the field. In the process, you force the turnovers. You can't do that against Gunner Kiel. But you could certainly do that against Postma. No doubt, it also helped that we were able to generate a nice pass rush with 4 and 5 regularly. But the coaches had the game plan perfect on this one...

Yep, the coaches had a much better defensive game plan than against Cinny. We didn't line up with ten yard cushions on third down against Houston. The coaches are starting to trust the players. And the players are rewarding that trust.

Reaction Score
I enjoy reading this board but very seldom do I comment. During last year's misery I posted about being a Diacoholic. This guy is special, you can see it on the sidelines and by the way his team responds. I never had a "wait and see" attitude about him because the signs were clearly visible. We are so lucky to have him and the future is looking brighter than it has in a long time. Here's to many more great games and many more years of Bob Diaco!

Reaction Score
Shut up and enjoy the win.

900x506
Thank you! Start your own...piss on the huskies thread...so I know which one to skip over!

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I am not awed by Diaco but the reality is he took the train wreck and turned it around to go bowling in Year 2 with lots of underclassmen. My bitching and moaning about timeouts, too many guys in the huddle and conservative play is akin to complaining about the color of the living room walls in a million dollar mansion.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Maybe the team is better at this point in the season than they were at the beginning of the season.

Maybe the head coach has a small part in that.

Or maybe what's really important is that the nelsons and jimmys and palatines of the world get another chance to make it about them.

Reaction Score
Congratulations to Diaco. As Purcells likes to say: you are as good as your record.
Don't know why fans stormed the field? Would Alabama fans storm the field over a win against Houston? We need to act like we have been there before because we have.
The good news is that we might get an invitation to join the ACC. The bad news is that we might get an invitation to join the ACC. The AAC with its Texas and Florida teams,
and its jazz teams, Memphis and Tulane, along with Navy could be the better league in the long run and the short one. ACC has 4 teams crammed into one state.
Only Florida St. is scary. Cuse, BC and Pitt are going nowhere and Louisville could be "stripped" of all legitimacy. AAC has major media markets plus the Dallas Cowboys show up for SMU basketball games, no small thing in Texas.

There's a lot of dumb in this post.

Storming the field last night was absolutely appropriate, and I say that as someone who is almost never pro-storming (especially in basketball). An ACC invite would be bad news in any way? You're out of your freaking mind.

Reaction Score
Where are the HATERS now? Yeah it takes time on both team and coaching. The coaches WON the game today. Proud of the true fans who didn't turn tbere backs. Proud of team for fighting for us fans. All the haters who didn't think uconn would be good or diaco wasn't the the right person. HAHAHAHAH

It takes an incredibly miserable and insecure person to start this thread.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
It takes an incredibly miserable and insecure person to start this thread.
Not at all. We're not allowed to remember things that were written over the years? Geez.

Reaction Score
Not at all. We're not allowed to remember things that were written over the years? Geez.

Hey if that makes you feel better about yourself, knock your socks off. I stand behind my past criticisms of Diaco. I think I've been relatively fair about it.

There's nothing that you or anyone else can say that will take away my joy today. That some people can't enjoy this without taking shots at others is their issue to deal with, not mine.

Reaction Score
Hey if that makes you feel better about yourself, knock your socks off. I stand behind my past criticisms of Diaco. I think I've been relatively fair about it.

There's nothing that you or anyone else can say that will take away my joy today. That some people can't enjoy this without taking shots at others is their issue to deal with, not mine.
For once, I agree. Both the naysayers and the most devoted despite what was going on, let us all be happen and enjoy this one and hopefully the next couple. I've bit my tongue a couple times today, but the victory and accomplishment was WAY more important than any negative banter to happen around here. You've haven't made a mention about my posts in a while so I assume you've blocked me based on past disagreements, but at the end of the day we all stand as proud and happy fans and hope for nothing but a bright future and more wins for this program.

Reaction Score
For once, I agree. Both the naysayers and the most devoted despite what was going on, let us all be happen and enjoy this one and hopefully the next couple. I've bit my tongue a couple times today, but the victory and accomplishment was WAY more important than any negative banter to happen around here. You've haven't made a mention about my posts in a while so I assume you've blocked me based on past disagreements, but at the end of the day we all stand as proud and happy fans and hope for nothing but a bright future and more wins for this program.

I only use the ignore feature for irritating trolls like Yawkey.

Reaction Score
I only use the ignore feature for irritating trolls like Yawkey.
Hope we can find a common ground and cheer on our huskies to the next level. Cheers pal! Hope we can all be happy with yesterdays triumph. Two more games to make this season even better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom